Old 06-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
TonyMobile
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: ball Wizard
Carrier: AT&T
Default Review of BBAlarm and BBSmart

Please Login to Remove!

I recently won a BBAlarm from BBsmart. I also purchased BBSmart because Neil, the CEO, was such a nice guy and so responsive. I thought I'd share my thoughts on the products for anyone who might be interested.

BBSmart Alarms Pro: This progam is excellent. It is really a far superior alarm product to the alarm that came with my Curve. You can set multiple alarms, designate the tones used, set the snooze, set the day or days you want the alarm(s) to go off, etc. The display when the alarm goes off is a large digital clock which is great for someone like me who has a hard time seeing before putting on his glasses in the morning. The snooze time also counts down letting you know how long it will be until it rings again. The one drawback is that you set your BB to auto-lock after a certain amount of time, you have to unlock your BB before snoozing the alarm or turning it off. Easily remedied if you care.

BBSmart Email Viewer: As many of you know, BBSmart Email Viewer is an html like email viewing program. Instead of seeing a lot of html coded text in your BB emails, the program actually shows you the pictures and banners, if you want to see them. You can also fully customize the fonts and backgrounds for your emails. I have not discovered if you can change the background for different email accounts, but it does seem like this is possible. In the Options menu, you can manipulate the email in a number of ways, and even add a "SmartNote" to the incoming mail. This is basically a message to yourself that displays in the email text. You can type in what you need to do in response to the email, etc. When you close it, it puts a "!" next to the email so you know you've made a notation to it.

BBSmart fully integrates with your current email viewer and does not disturb the way you have mail set up. For example, if you have all your email accounts pushing to the main viewer, it will not change it. You can toggle BBSmart on or off if you want to switch back and forth from the Smart view to the regular one.

In short, very happy with both of these and I recommend them to anyone who has a need for a better alarm or better email viewing capability.

Try a Search or see the BB FAQ

Last edited by John Clark; 06-20-2008 at 02:03 AM..
Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
GadgetGuru72
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A

Does BBAlarm stay active after a battery pull?

The one thing I hate about MyAlarm is that after a battery pull you have to remember to launch the application again, otherwise you won't get your alarms.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Yes, AlarmPro will stay active after a battery pull. It is a great application, which after using it now a month or so I could not do without it!

I rise at different times some mornings (I have some 2x/week early before breakfast meetings, regularly scheduled), that I need the multiple alarms for.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:56 AM   #4
eZainny

Model: 8300
Carrier: Optus

Thanks TonyMobile, that's very kind of you! Because I'm a pedantic nit-picker I'll just point out our company is actually called BBSmart.

Our website is www.blackberrysmart.com and the two products are called BBSmart Email Viewer and BBSmart Alarms Pro.

</end pedantism>

Cheers,
Neil.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
Ulukia

Model: 8900
PIN: WYSIWYG
Carrier: T-Mobile

As with both apps, I didn't hesitate to purchase as I use them both on a daily basis. Great work Neil.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
Kamau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
PIN: 21499CE8
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted

I just downloaded the trial version of BBAlarms, and I am already finding it to be very useful. I do have a question about it though, and that is can you set an alarm for a specific date/dates? Specifically, I have reocurring appts for in July, daily for 2 weeks. Can I set an appt for them now, or do I have to wait until the actual start date to arm the alarm?

Kamau
Old 06-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #7
auntpenn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMobile View Post
I recently won a BBAlarm from BBsmart. I also purchased BBSmart because Neil, the CEO, was such a nice guy and so responsive. I thought I'd share my thoughts on the products for anyone who might be interested.

BBSmart Alarms Pro: This progam is excellent. It is really a far superior alarm product to the alarm that came with my Curve. You can set multiple alarms, designate the tones used, set the snooze, set the day or days you want the alarm(s) to go off, etc. The display when the alarm goes off is a large digital clock which is great for someone like me who has a hard time seeing before putting on his glasses in the morning. The snooze time also counts down letting you know how long it will be until it rings again. The one drawback is that you set your BB to auto-lock after a certain amount of time, you have to unlock your BB before snoozing the alarm or turning it off. Easily remedied if you care.

You mentioned the unlocking problem could be easily remedied. How?

Last edited by JSanders; 06-22-2008 at 06:10 PM..
Old 06-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #8
mickeykool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Nice reviews, now w/ the html rolling out next weekend how will the email part benefit us?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

There are still benefits of the program, such as injecting emails into a calendar or task item.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
Melvin Evans

Model: 9700

I too recently won a copy of BBSmart and love it. My co-workers like it too because I reply more often when away from the office! Great app!
Closed Thread