Old 05-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
noeffectx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: 123456
Carrier: T-mobile
Default LexSpell - Spell Checker for BB

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys, I'm on the market of purchasing a spell checker app for my 8100. Lexspell is offering their spell checker app for only $10. I'm just wondering if anyone of you have tried this product and is it any good?

LexSpell spell checker for BlackBerry

Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackberry/
Old 05-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeffectx View Post
Hi guys, I'm on the market of purchasing a spell checker app for my 8100. Lexspell is offering their spell checker app for only $10. I'm just wondering if anyone of you have tried this product and is it any good?

LexSpell spell checker for BlackBerry

Thanks

Tried it, and bought it and recommend it. There are freeware alternatives (bbCorrector) which are good too, but I like the speed when spell checking with LexSpell. Many of the others send your text to a server to spellcheck, LexSpell does it locally.

Good support, and they are fairly active on this board too.

Don
Old 05-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
mdlissner
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

I love LexSpell. Beiks does a great job of supporting it.

Not having to access data to correct speeds up the job also.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 05-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

You're not required to register LexSpell. You can run it for free; they've said, "If we collect enough to cover for the initial costs and a little more we'll keep improving it." If you don't register, you'll keep getting nagged.

Now, having said that, it is definitely worth the $10.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
cmr771

Model: 8700r
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Lexspell Issue

Hi Folks,
I thought I might bounce this off you guys and get your feedback! I have an 8700r and had installed Lexspell and it worked great. The i had installed something else, since deleted and now I get:" Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error"
can anyone offer any suggestions. i have deleted lexspell and reinstalled it to no avail. Im open to any thoughts, and thanks for taking the time to read and respond.
Cheers,
Old 07-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
kolev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr771 View Post
Hi Folks,
I thought I might bounce this off you guys and get your feedback! I have an 8700r and had installed Lexspell and it worked great. The i had installed something else, since deleted and now I get:" Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error"
can anyone offer any suggestions. i have deleted lexspell and reinstalled it to no avail. Im open to any thoughts, and thanks for taking the time to read and respond.
Cheers,
There are a few possible scenarios I can imagine under which this would happen.

One has to do with security permissions and the other, which is even more likely, has to do with memory fragmentation. There are few more I can think of, but have only seen in extremely rare cases, so I won't cover them here.

What I'd suggest you do is uninstall LexSpell and the wordlist database from the device and then, if you had installed through desktop, from the desktop as well.

Then I'd suggest you look carefully at the modules already installed on the device and find out a few you may not need, either temporarily or permanently. For example, there are often extra languages, keyboards, help (which very few use) etc.

Uninstall those, then do a power cycle (battery out/in), then point your device's browser to Welcome to BEIKS Mobile! and download from there.

It will most likely work all right this time around.

After that, install the modules you may have previously removed and which you still need. Most of the time you'll get a working assembly.

The same set of rules would apply for pretty much any other situation with any other application with which you get similar strange misbehavior.
It is more likely to see those after installing/uninstalling relatively large applications or a large number of applications.

If things still do not work, you may want to contact us directly. We only check the forums here once in a while.
"A pocket full of knowledge"
Closed Thread