Old 02-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #21
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
This is not a perfect nor permanent solution, but you could convert PDF files into an ebook with the free software from MobiPocket and view it on your BB with their free reader ....................... Did I happen to mention it's FREE .............. and actually works pretty good.

Check it out here -> Blackberry eBook Reader - Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader software to read on your PDA and Smartphone.

This is of course is only useful if you are at your computer; sorry but I can't help you out with the email side of things.

this sounds like a good solution. but what do you mean you must be near a computer? why wouldnt it work if your traveling with your bb and you are not next to a pc? i though it supposed to convert your pdf file? once you convert the pdf file, cant you just save that file someone on your media card on your bb and then click on to open it up? so why do you need to be close to a pc?

Last edited by vincentnyc; 02-27-2008 at 01:51 PM..
Old 02-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #22
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberryfreeware View Post
Here's a another solution if you really need to read a PDF file. You can email the PDF file to your Gmail account and view it as an HTML. It also works faster if your using the Blackberry Gmail App.
i thought bb doesn't do html email cuz of secuirty reason? did something change recently that all of us are unaware of?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #23
blackberryfreeware
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-mobile

here's another solution you can an email attachment of your pdf file to [email address] and adobe will send you a text version via email.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #24
kings0r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2 Germany

Yes that would be a solution. But most times the conversions are garbage. You could also use [email address] . Guess what... this one converts the pdf to an html file.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #25
Ironman1075
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: 9800-AT&T, iPhone 4

pdf2html worked great for me, I had a large file....Thanks!!!!!!!

BB Storm, Curve 8310, iPhone 3G
Old 06-15-2008, 05:25 AM   #26
phloxinsox
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Default Wanted

I want Adobe Reader for BB.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:28 AM   #27
phloxinsox

I want Adobe Reader for BB!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:15 AM   #28
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloxinsox View Post
I want Adobe Reader for BB!
me too! does know about plans on this?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #29
davidlleroy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 301880B6
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Assuming you are only interested in the text of the pdf document you can hit menu> "View Text" from the default PDF viewer. This will only show you the text of the document you are viewing. I'm sure most already knew that, but I didn't see anyone mention it... Works for me.

Last edited by davidlleroy; 06-17-2008 at 07:08 PM..
Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #30
waldomac

Carrier: alltel

Hi, all. First post on this forum for me.

I, as a brand spankin' new Blackberry user, went to Adobe.com to find out if they had a free .pdf viewer -- which, by the way, would answer the question DallasFlier posed, in that Adobe definitely would have a vested interest. That is exactly why I was so shocked to find that there wasn't an Adobe .pdf viewer for BB, but there was one for several other types of mobile OSes.

I can appreciate all the above responses about large documents and text conversions, etc., but, in my case, I have several other types of .pdf files that I would like to view/save/etc, none of which are 800-page documents, but can be multiple-page, certainly.

It would be nice if I could, from Rove's Mobile File Manager, for example, view a .pdf, because currently I don't seem to be able to. I have some music that I transfer back and forth electronically with other musicians, and I would dearly love to go to my webspace, grab, via FTP, one of the music files by retrieving it directly from the web server and read/save to my device; attach to email; and send it, should the need arise (and it often does) -- all with my BB. Rove is awesome. It would be totally doable on my BB and as easy as on a computer, except for the lack of a .pdf viewer that will work within Rove.

Theoretically, a dedicated .pdf reader would do this seamlessly across all apps.

Meanwhile, the attachment viewer (and thanks for the enhancement tip btw, guys) has been all but impossible for me to view, because, as has been stated, to get it large enough to read puts so many artifacts on there that it's nearly illegible.

I love free, especially after I just plunked down a chunk of change for the BB and several peripherals, but, I guess, if necessary, I can spend a bit more. *sigh*

Any other ideas would be great.
John
Old 07-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #31
davef

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

There will be a new beta release of RepliGo Reader in the coming weeks. This is a native PDF viewer for BlackBerry OS 4.2.1 and higher. Sign up here: RepliGo Reader for BlackBerry - Native PDF Viewing - Beta
Old 07-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #32
waldomac

Carrier: alltel

davef, you are my hero. I'm in for a penny, in for a pound on this one. I hope it is all they tout it to be. It will be fun to be a beta tester, too, so I hope I make the cut.

John
Old 07-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #33
MaxDiggity
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone

Sweet, signed up; thanks for posting.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #34
Narcissa

Model: 8320
PIN: 24C88EA
Carrier: T-Mobile

Nice, signed up. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:18 AM   #35
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davef View Post
There will be a new beta release of RepliGo Reader in the coming weeks. This is a native PDF viewer for BlackBerry OS 4.2.1 and higher. Sign up here: RepliGo Reader for BlackBerry - Native PDF Viewing - Beta

sign up and install the beta...running on curve 8310 os. v.4.5.0.37. before i install this beta..use to have about 17 MB free. after the install the apps, only had about 14 MB free.

open up a couple of pdf from media card, slow as hell (i.e. scrolling from page to page takes about 10-20 seconds). uninstall cuz it was useless to me and time consuming. after the unistall, i still have about 14 MB free. not only this apps is useless, it cuz memory leaks!!!

i know how to recover the free space back and that's by wiping my handheld and reinstalling all the apps again. but i dont want to to that cuz i'm lazy. oh well....
Old 07-29-2008, 02:07 AM   #36
sheldonbk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc
Quote:
Originally Posted by davef View Post

sign up and install the beta...running on curve 8310 os. v.4.5.0.37. before i install this beta..use to have about 17 MB free. after the install the apps, only had about 14 MB free.

open up a couple of pdf from media card, slow as hell (i.e. scrolling from page to page takes about 10-20 seconds). uninstall cuz it was useless to me and time consuming. after the unistall, i still have about 14 MB free. not only this apps is useless, it cuz memory leaks!!!

i know how to recover the free space back and that's by wiping my handheld and reinstalling all the apps again. but i dont want to to that cuz i'm lazy. oh well....
Repligo beta definitely is not 3mb. If it was, I would have deleted it right away myself. Do you have the new Viigo beta? Perhaps another memory draining program? Something else is going on with your BB. Regardless, I would send a detailed note to the Repligo beta email address that came when you were accepted in the program.

Sheldon
Old 08-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #37
kelvinmead

Model: 8120
Carrier: o2

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
This is not a perfect nor permanent solution, but you could convert PDF files into an ebook with the free software from MobiPocket and view it on your BB with their free reader ....................... Did I happen to mention it's FREE .............. and actually works pretty good.

Check it out here -> Blackberry eBook Reader - Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader software to read on your PDA and Smartphone.

This is of course is only useful if you are at your computer; sorry but I can't help you out with the email side of things.

this sounds like a good solution. but what do you mean you must be near a computer? why wouldnt it work if your traveling with your bb and you are not next to a pc? i though it supposed to convert your pdf file? once you convert the pdf file, cant you just save that file someone on your media card on your bb and then click on to open it up? so why do you need to be close to a pc?
I've done this to a few ebooks that I've got. Load pdf into mobipocket convertor, save as mobi file and upload. The hundreds of pages become very readable with very few errors and it keeps the front image as the front of the book. You can't do it on the go, but with a little preparation you can have all the books you want to read!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #38
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930

I would still prefer RepliGo Pro over Reader for attachments. An RGP compressed PDF is not only significantly smaller in size, but displays much better w/o the need for font substitution.