BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #41
BBCrackhead
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I'm currently using it but it does not have 1 thing that would make my life easier. We have a couple of public contact sheets used by everyone in the company and updated but only a couple of individuals so all blackberry users map to those contacts.

If the Desktop Manager for web would allow custom PIM configuration and sycn, it would be a blessing but I doubt this will ever be available for this app.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #42
ARXXBES

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

I'm having the same "Recurring Login" problem with the WDM.

I am ONLY trying to login with people that are already up and running on the BES. Like previous posters have said, documentation is at a minimum for the WDM.

I have internet passwords set up on the Domino side for these same users, which are working for other Domino applications and views.

Why are these internet passwords not working? How does one "include the domain" or unhide the hidden field in the Login form?? If you look at the source for the login page, there are alot of hidden forms, with no documentation on where/how to edit them.

What's this about checking the LDAP connection is working???

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #43
bpvictor

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular

To ARXXBES:

2 recommendations regarding that login issue.

1. I highly recommend using a short LDAP Search Base that will cover your Tree.

2. Make sure it's the account tied to the account you have setup on the BES.

3. Outlook Express LDAP test: (This was what caused my issues in my lab before I pushed it out to production.)

Collect LDAP user information by logging into the machine you will run Web Desktop on as the service account you use for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
A) Start >> run >> cmd >> gpresult > output.txt
B) Open output.txt in your favourite text editor
C) Locate USER SETTINGS
D) record the user settings
(example CN=BESadmin,OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=com)
E) record where the group policy was applied from

1: On the box you have Web Desktop installed launch Outlook Express as logged in as the same account you use for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

2: Go to the tools menu and select accounts.

3: Add directory services.

4: Enter the server address from here the group policy was applied from collected above in (Step E) and enable "My LDAP server requires me to log on". Press Next.

5: Enter in information collected in step D as the account name and the Active Directory password. Secure Password Authentication should not be enabled. Press Next.

6: Select No for checking addresses with directory service and press next.

7: Finish up the wizard.

8: Highlight the account you just created and select properties.

9: Ensure the correct LDAP port it selected under Advanced tab and Directory service (LDAP) default 389

10: Enter in the Search Base please try and be least restrictive as possible. This may be difficult for to obtain if they do not know. It is not our job to locate their LDAP information. For example DC=domain,DC=com

11: Ok the changed and Ok the menu's until you are back to the main screen of Outlook Express.

12: Go to the Tools menu and select address book. Press "Find People".

13: Ensure the "Look in" drop down you have the correct Directory Service selected.

14: Try and search for someone in the domain

If an error is returned then chances are the LDAP server is incorrect
Try using another domain controller or LDAP server If it does not return anything then chances are the LDAP search base is incorrect or too restrictive.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #44
bpvictor

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular

Question to All: Has anyone had a successfull upload for a new version of an OS "without" configuring a Share folder that contains the new OS exe and updating the bas-config.properties?

I actually "Assumed" it would see I ran the exe and prompt me to update similar to the desktop manager. I was way off on that one.

Any assistance anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. The problem is, we have so many different devices for our thousands of blackberry users, this come become a nightmare just so users can upload a new OS.

Before using the web desktop manager, our techs could just download a new OS from the user's Service provider like AT&T or something and install it. When they open desktop manager after the install, it sees the new OS and etc. to upload into the bb. Web Desktop Manager does not work that way from the looks of it.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #45
bakerfall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

I resolved my previous issues, and can actually see the login screen now. Yea! However, I can't login (suck). I'm getting the same error that has been discussed. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #46
hayabusa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Cingular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpvictor View Post
To ARXXBES:

2 recommendations regarding that login issue.

1. I highly recommend using a short LDAP Search Base that will cover your Tree.

2. Make sure it's the account tied to the account you have setup on the BES.

3. Outlook Express LDAP test: (This was what caused my issues in my lab before I pushed it out to production.)

Collect LDAP user information by logging into the machine you will run Web Desktop on as the service account you use for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
A) Start >> run >> cmd >> gpresult > output.txt
B) Open output.txt in your favourite text editor
C) Locate USER SETTINGS
D) record the user settings
(example CN=BESadmin,OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=com)
E) record where the group policy was applied from

1: On the box you have Web Desktop installed launch Outlook Express as logged in as the same account you use for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

2: Go to the tools menu and select accounts.

3: Add directory services.

4: Enter the server address from here the group policy was applied from collected above in (Step E) and enable "My LDAP server requires me to log on". Press Next.

5: Enter in information collected in step D as the account name and the Active Directory password. Secure Password Authentication should not be enabled. Press Next.

6: Select No for checking addresses with directory service and press next.

7: Finish up the wizard.

8: Highlight the account you just created and select properties.

9: Ensure the correct LDAP port it selected under Advanced tab and Directory service (LDAP) default 389

10: Enter in the Search Base please try and be least restrictive as possible. This may be difficult for to obtain if they do not know. It is not our job to locate their LDAP information. For example DC=domain,DC=com

11: Ok the changed and Ok the menu's until you are back to the main screen of Outlook Express.

12: Go to the Tools menu and select address book. Press "Find People".

13: Ensure the "Look in" drop down you have the correct Directory Service selected.

14: Try and search for someone in the domain

If an error is returned then chances are the LDAP server is incorrect
Try using another domain controller or LDAP server If it does not return anything then chances are the LDAP search base is incorrect or too restrictive.
================================================== =======

Last edited by hayabusa; 02-26-2008 at 01:52 PM..
Old 02-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #47
bakerfall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa View Post
================================================== =======
yes, I saw this post. Thanks. It isn't an ldap issue as I can browse ldap using LDAP Browser with the credentials I have supplied. No problem. I've also tried multiple accounts as the ldaplogin account and the issue remains the same.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #48
bakerfall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Does anyone know if login attempts logged anywhere? I don't see any entries in the log files in \Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Administration Service\Logs and I have jacked the logging levels as high as they will go.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #49
Elgin

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Bell

(Edited out to keep things clean)

Carry on!

I have to say that i was expecting Webdesktop to give users the ability to Select Folders for Redirection. Too bad this isn't the fix I'm looking for.

Last edited by Elgin; 02-29-2008 at 03:32 PM..
Old 02-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #50
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

Totally different questions then the running LDAP one.

For those that do have this working .. are you able to change the url so users don't have to type:

https:\\servername\webdesktop

I'd like to make an alias so they just type webdesktop and it will resolve to the page? I believe we can do that with IIS / DNS but this is just a service running on the box??
Old 02-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #51
hayabusa

Carrier: Cingular
Cool

just create an alias within your DNS that says webdesktopmanager = https://besservername/webdestkop. This would work for only one instance so as your enviroment grows you would have an alias for each instance. Or you could create an internal webpage and put a redirector on it
Old 02-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #52
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Can this work for a BIS ? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just not familiar with this type of stuff.

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #53
Elgin

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
I don't see it in the supported clients list.
And when access the web site from XP machines, it works fine.
Accessing the web site from Vista yields nothing (like the site does not exist).
Can anyone confirm this...
I think it's simply not supported yet in v1.
Steve
I was trying to connect to the Webdesktop site with Vista and the page won't display. IE 7 on XP is fine however. So here's unofficial confirmation Steve. (bah just noticed Conniet just confirmed this in the readme)

Must be some type of security thing because of the unsigned certificate, didn't have too much time to beat up the security settings and find a proper solution.

Cheers

Last edited by Elgin; 02-29-2008 at 03:54 PM..
Old 03-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #54
chrisb009

Model: 8830
Carrier: Various-BES Engineer
Default Seeing this error....any ideas?

Seeing the following error in a browser after installing BWDM. I have tried re-configuring the database URL procedure mentioned in the I&A Guide with no results. BTW the actual service (BlackBerry Administrative Service - AS) shuts down when a connection is attempted. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doF ilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rim/bes/bas/localestringmanager/LocaleStringManagerUtilities
com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.CommonExceptionPresente r.presentException(CommonExceptionPresenter.java:1 42)
$ExceptionPresenter_118eb9fbe2f.presentException($ ExceptionPresenter_118eb9fbe2f.java)
$ExceptionPresenter_118eb9fbe2e.presentException($ ExceptionPresenter_118eb9fbe2e.java)
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.activate ExceptionPage(AbstractEngine.java:121)
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service( AbstractEngine.java:280)
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.InvokeEngineTerm inator.service(InvokeEngineTerminator.java:60)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe8d.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe8d.java)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe8c.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe8c.java)
com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.ServiceFilter.service(S erviceFilter.java:77)
$WebRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe8b.service($Web RequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe8b.java)
$WebRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe8a.service($Web RequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe8a.java)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe8e.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe8e.java)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe87.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe87.java)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe86.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe86.java)
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.WebRequestServic erPipelineBridge.service(WebRequestServicerPipelin eBridge.java:56)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6d.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6d.java)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6c.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6c.java)
org.apache.tapestry.request.DecodedRequestInjector .service(DecodedRequestInjector.java:55)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe69.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe69.java)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe68.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe68.java)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6e.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6e.java)
org.apache.tapestry.multipart.MultipartDecoderFilt er.service(MultipartDecoderFilter.java:52)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe67.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe67.java)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe66.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe66.java)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6e.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6e.java)
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.SetupRequestEnco ding.service(SetupRequestEncoding.java:53)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe6b.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe6b.java)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe6a.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe6a.java)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe61.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe61.java)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe60.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe60.java)
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(A pplicationServlet.java:123)
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet(Appli cationServlet.java:79)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:697)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:810)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doF ilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.5.20
Old 03-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #55
akg

Model: 9700
PIN: Mont Blanc

This is exactly what is happening to me. I was about to post this as well. I get the error the first time I try to connect; after that I get a "page cannot be found" and the Administrative Service is shut down.

BES 4.1.6 Exchange 2003 SP2
Old 03-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #56
chrisb009

Yes....same thing here.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:10 AM   #57
bakerfall
Thumbs Must Hurt

I had this problem, and it was caused by the SQL port used for TCP/IP being off. Once I corrected that, it worked fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb009 View Post
Seeing the following error in a browser after installing BWDM. I have tried re-configuring the database URL procedure mentioned in the I&A Guide with no results. BTW the actual service (BlackBerry Administrative Service - AS) shuts down when a connection is attempted. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rim/bes/bas/localestringmanager/LocaleStringManagerUtilities
com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.CommonExceptionPresente r.presentException(CommonExceptionPresenter.java:1 42)
$ExceptionPresenter_118eb9fbe2f.presentException($ ExceptionPresenter_118eb9fbe2f.java)
$ExceptionPresenter_118eb9fbe2e.presentException($ ExceptionPresenter_118eb9fbe2e.java)
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.activate ExceptionPage(AbstractEngine.java:121)
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service( AbstractEngine.java:280)
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.InvokeEngineTerm inator.service(InvokeEngineTerminator.java:60)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe8d.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe8d.java)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe8c.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe8c.java)
com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.ServiceFilter.service(S erviceFilter.java:77)
$WebRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe8b.service($Web RequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe8b.java)
$WebRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe8a.service($Web RequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe8a.java)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe8e.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe8e.java)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe87.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe87.java)
$WebRequestServicer_118eb9fbe86.service($WebReques tServicer_118eb9fbe86.java)
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.WebRequestServic erPipelineBridge.service(WebRequestServicerPipelin eBridge.java:56)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6d.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6d.java)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6c.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe6c.java)
org.apache.tapestry.request.DecodedRequestInjector .service(DecodedRequestInjector.java:55)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe69.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe69.java)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe68.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe68.java)
org.apache.tapestry.multipart.MultipartDecoderFilt er.service(MultipartDecoderFilter.java:52)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe67.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe67.java)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe66.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe66.java)
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.SetupRequestEnco ding.service(SetupRequestEncoding.java:53)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe6b.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe6b.java)
$ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe6a.service( $ServletRequestServicerFilter_118eb9fbe6a.java)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe61.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe61.java)
$ServletRequestServicer_118eb9fbe60.service($Servl etRequestServicer_118eb9fbe60.java)
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(A pplicationServlet.java:123)
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet(Appli cationServlet.java:79)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:697)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:810)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.20
Old 03-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #58
akg

Model: 9700
PIN: Mont Blanc

I have verified that TCP/IP is on in the SQL Express Management Studio. Is there somewhere else I may have missed this setting?

Thanks!

BES 4.1.6 Exchange 2003 SP2
Old 03-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #59
Puddin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

I was wondering if the end users really found value in this product.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:29 AM   #60
chrisb009

I used the command line tool and re-entered all the information to include IP/port numbers. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Chris
Closed Thread