BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000
Default UPS stole my new pearl

Please Login to Remove!

Earlier in this forum i reported i had an issue with my pearl with blue lines going down the screen. I had called tmobile and they sent me out an exchange... The receptionist claims she didn't sign for the box and it was left at the front desk. The box had no seal on it and the pearl was gone. All the labels to ship my defective phone were inside but no PEARL!!!!

I called up tmobile and ups and tmobile is sending me out a new one. Hopefully i will have it by tommorrow. Or probably monday.. sux.

UPS sucks.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #2
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

I doubt UPS stole it. Might want to check with some of your fellow employees.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc

Or the receptionist
Old 11-30-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
Earlier in this forum i reported i had an issue with my pearl with blue lines going down the screen. I had called tmobile and they sent me out an exchange... The receptionist claims she didn't sign for the box and it was left at the front desk. The box had no seal on it and the pearl was gone. All the labels to ship my defective phone were inside but no PEARL!!!!

I called up tmobile and ups and tmobile is sending me out a new one. Hopefully i will have it by tommorrow. Or probably monday.. sux.

UPS sucks.

DOH!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
BES admin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T

Gremlins...

They love the pearl!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #6
krad
No longer Registered.

the receptionist handed the box to my boss, where he placed it in our locked server room.

Nobody in my company steals. We have free benefits.. gym membership and great pay. No one would be that stupid as to steal the insides of package.

Update.... the receptionist didn't sign for the box, and the ups forged her name and spelled it wrong. So it is on record that my company did not "official" sign for it. And someone at ups will be handed their ass.

Tmobile has already sent me out another one. Hopefully that one won't be stolen as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc
funny you say that... many people i have spoken to, including tmobile told me that things start to go missing from ups, fedex, and dhl around the holiday season. It is normal... they said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeatl
Or the receptionist
she has a pea brain. seriously.

I really wish we could reply to mulitple posts in one reply. Some other forums allow you to select quote muliple posts and then i am able to answer all the remarks in one shot. is that possible here?

Last edited by paulbblc; 11-30-2006 at 11:28 AM..
Old 11-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #7
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

you can.

type [ quote ] *text here* [ /quote ] without the spaces in the quotes tag.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #8
juuceman

Model: 7100T

Quote:
the receptionist handed the box to my boss, where he placed it in our locked server room.

Nobody in my company steals. We have free benefits.. gym membership and great pay. No one would be that stupid as to steal the insides of package.

Update.... the receptionist didn't sign for the box, and the ups forged her name and spelled it wrong. So it is on record that my company did not "official" sign for it. And someone at ups will be handed their ass.

Tmobile has already sent me out another one. Hopefully that one won't be stolen as well.
If you regularly receive package at your office, and the receptionist regularly signs for packages, then the UPS guy probably knows her name and enters it every time a package is dropped off. There should be a signature on file, in addition to the name, from the drop-ff but again, UPS usually just drops the stuff off and keeps going. Everyone is happier because the secretary doesn't have to take the 30 seconds out of her day to stop what she's doing, etc.

Someone took it, either within UPS or your company. UPS drivers don't generally steal, it's too easy for them to get caught and fired, I used to work claims at UPS.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #9
Drop Top

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
funny you say that... many people i have spoken to, including tmobile told me that things start to go missing from ups, fedex, and dhl around the holiday season. It is normal... they said.
so true

I am the manager of a warehouse and shipping dept for a T-Mobile master and UPS emp. steal atleast one package a week from us. It gets worse w/the holiday workers for them.

Last edited by Drop Top; 11-30-2006 at 11:47 AM..
Old 11-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #10
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by juuceman
If you regularly receive package at your office, and the receptionist regularly signs for packages, then the UPS guy probably knows her name and enters it every time a package is dropped off. There should be a signature on file, in addition to the name, from the drop-ff but again, UPS usually just drops the stuff off and keeps going. Everyone is happier because the secretary doesn't have to take the 30 seconds out of her day to stop what she's doing, etc.

Someone took it, either within UPS or your company. UPS drivers don't generally steal, it's too easy for them to get caught and fired, I used to work claims at UPS.
Correct, once you've signed once they don't have to sign again. Not trying to defend a UPS guy but I would look towards others within the company.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #11
Saif210
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile
Default um

it looks like SOMEONE at your company steals.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #12
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

I don't know why I'm finding this thread so funny....being without one's Pearl is no laughing matter!! but.....LMAO!! the poor guy's first one tanks after an upgrade, orders a replacement--it's stolen....what is next in the story?? I'm lauging with you, Krad....not at you! I feel for ya man, really I do. I'd be quite torqued!!

Last edited by John Clark; 11-30-2006 at 11:58 AM..
Old 11-30-2006, 12:03 PM   #13
lonnielove
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmobile

mine got stolen from my door step kinda makes me wonder if it even got here
Old 11-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #14
blakeatl

I used to work on the airport ramp back in the day and I've witnessed people going through all sorts of stuff. They finally got caught and had their a** handed to em. It's not surprising that employees of UPS, DHL and Fedex are stealing for the holidays. Shoot.....Besy Buy just had a couple purchase a $1500 jar of spaghetti sauce wrapped in a digital camera box.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #15
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeatl
I used to work on the airport ramp back in the day and I've witnessed people going through all sorts of stuff. They finally got caught and had their a** handed to em. It's not surprising that employees of UPS, DHL and Fedex are stealing for the holidays. Shoot.....Besy Buy just had a couple purchase a $1500 jar of spaghetti sauce wrapped in a digital camera box.

I saw that. Best Buy couldn't do anything because there was no way that the couple could prove they didn't put the jar there themselves, however Sony believes them and have decided to give them a new camera.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #16
Damager
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

I had this happen once years ago - remember the first handheld computers from HP? I bought one from a Service Merchandise, took it home, and when I opened the package, someone had taken out the actual handheld and replaced it with a carefully carved piece of wood with a picture of the handheld (a xerox) glued on top.

Clearly someone had purchased the item, done the switch returned it to the store (where the clerk didn't check it very well) and put it back up for sale.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:57 PM   #17
SanFrancisco

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

As moderators have said about other threads and what this thread starter has posted when criticizing my posts, what is the point of this thread? Guess rank has its contradictions and privileges.

Sorry, could not help but notice. Let the slapping and flaming begin.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:01 PM   #18
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

There shouldn't be any flaming happening at all. However though there may be no helpful info in this thread prompting the question "what's the point" I am going to move it to the 'rants and raves' section as the OP obviously has a problem and concern with someone be it UPS or fellow employees or Tmo.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:05 PM   #19
blakeatl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damager
I had this happen once years ago - remember the first handheld computers from HP? I bought one from a Service Merchandise, took it home, and when I opened the package, someone had taken out the actual handheld and replaced it with a carefully carved piece of wood with a picture of the handheld (a xerox) glued on top.

Clearly someone had purchased the item, done the switch returned it to the store (where the clerk didn't check it very well) and put it back up for sale.

Did you try to turn it on? It did have the logo on it.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:08 PM   #20
krad
No longer Registered.

btw..... my entire office has video surveillance. My boss and i just went over the dvr camera system for all our cameras. I see that the guy did drop it off and the receptionist came out of the bathroom. She then as i said, gave it to my boss who locked it in the biometric only server room that is always locked. There are only two people who have access, myself and my boss.

So no one in my company stole the phone. Everyone in my company already has a tmobile phone from my company. Nobody in my company cares about blackberries or electronics in anyway.

I am the youngest employee at 26. The next closet person in age is 39.

btw.. i work for a mainframe/development/programming/web application company. Everyone is real old. at least 15 users over the age of 55.
Closed Thread