Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
allthatjazziness

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default BB 8310 won't sync with missing sync

Please Login to Remove!

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but i searched the forums and can't seem to find what i'm looking for.
So.. Just got a 8310 curve. I have a powerbook G4. I got pocketmac, after much work figured out how to sync ical and address book, but it only worked sporadically, and kept giving me "skipping" erros, so I got the missing sync.
It will NOT see my bb! I've tried bluetooth. my bb is paired with my mac, I have been able to send jpg files through bluetooth, but it will not accept music or video files.
I've tried syncing with my usb cord but it doesn't detect the bb at all. The bb shows that it is charging, but beyond that... nothing.
Any advice?
I'm pretty frustrated...
Old 05-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Do you have a password set/enabled? Sometimes disabling the password/auto-lock can help. Also confirm that you have Mass Storage Mode Enabled and set to Prompt.

You may have to use a different USB port on your PowerBook, and remember - no hubs - use a direct connection.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
allthatjazziness

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Do you have a password set/enabled? Sometimes disabling the password/auto-lock can help. Also confirm that you have Mass Storage Mode Enabled and set to Prompt.

You may have to use a different USB port on your PowerBook, and remember - no hubs - use a direct connection.
Thanks! I do not have a password set. And Mass Store Mode is enabled and set to prompt...
I'm not using a hub either, so not sure what the problem is. The only thing I can think is that something is wrong with my computer...
?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
deek21

Model: 8103
Carrier: verizon
Question What about with a pearl?

I have a similar problem with my blackberry pearl. I downloaded the new 2.0.2 missing sync for my mac, but have had everlasting problems. I've reinstalled on both mac and bb, reset inbetween everything, got fatal execution errors, reset again, keep getting error that the device software is incompatible and I have to reset it (whatever that means).

I have had ongoing problems with blackberry and sync'ing with outlook (at work) and the mac (at home). This new version of missing sync is even more challenging!

And yes, I did plug into mac directly (not the hub) and I did reset security according to instructions. I'm at wit's end. Not to mention I lost most of my outlook calendar entries - random selection and then crashed desktop manager (usually happens about 1/3 of the time anyway).

I'm not super-technical savvy in these matters, but there has got.to.be.a.better.way.
Closed Thread