BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #21
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtx350z View Post
So I'm assuming the EU is already on the car manufacturer's case?
I wouldn't know but as most stereo manufacturers are already tied in with a car manufacturer (not sure what you mean about sony and pioneer, sony ships in some cars here), it may not be relevant as they may all have their own representation.

Quote:
What's your input regarding REGULAR users that can't even tell the difference between an internet browser and the blue 'e' on their desktop?
That's my point entirely. They are the ones who need protection. The EU isn't doing this for us guys who can usually do what we like to the software anyway. It wants "regular" people (damn, I really thought I was one of them ) to be able to understand that the blue "e" doesn't mean "the internet", and that they have choice. The fact is that without the ruling, they just install the Windows OS (coz that's all they know) then use that default e to access the web forever. If they aren't aware that they could be doing it differently coz they never had the chance to shop around and look for alternatives, something is wrong. If they choose to stick with the blue e after trying the others that's fine, but at least they had a chance to look around. Right now they just hit the e and see it as "the internet". Surely it's better to upset MS and educate the (paying) masses.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #22
midtx350z

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwhite View Post
I wouldn't know but as most stereo manufacturers are already tied in with a car manufacturer (not sure what you mean about sony and pioneer, sony ships in some cars here), it may not be relevant as they may all have their own representation.

That's my point entirely. They are the ones who need protection. The EU isn't doing this for us guys who can usually do what we like to the software anyway. It wants "regular" people (damn, I really thought I was one of them ) to be able to understand that the blue "e" doesn't mean "the internet", and that they have choice. The fact is that without the ruling, they just install the Windows OS (coz that's all they know) then use that default e to access the web forever. If they aren't aware that they could be doing it differently coz they never had the chance to shop around and look for alternatives, something is wrong. If they choose to stick with the blue e after trying the others that's fine, but at least they had a chance to look around. Right now they just hit the e and see it as "the internet". Surely it's better to upset MS and educate the (paying) masses.
Lol but if they're comfortable using IE why force them to "try" something else?

Why dont we force them to use a more stable OS like MacOS or ...linux?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 AM   #23
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Lol but if they're comfortable using IE why force them to "try" something else?

Why dont we force them to use a more stable OS like MacOS or ...linux?
hehe you are just teasing me now . They are only comfortable coz that's all they have been exposed to. I still think paper and pen is the future
Closed Thread