Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
DontNukeMyBB

Model: 8707v
Carrier: Vodafone
Default BlackBerry device really, really nuked

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, gurus,
this is a new member from Italy; I posted my presentation in the "New Members" forum and, asking for help, I was suggested to post my "nuking" problem in the appropriate section.
So, here am I; please, be patient if it is a ridiculous question: I'm totally new as a BES administrator .
And now, go with the mighty Copy&Paste...

I'm a fresh&new BlackBerry addicted, and in few days I understood that I really love my BB and my new role of BES Administrator.
First post here, obviously due to a problem (I searched in this database but I did not find a response to my question, I fear because it is a really simple and probably stupid one ; if there is a faq regarding the same argument posted elsewhere around here, please excuse me: I told you that I'm quite new).
The scenario (not too much detailed, but due to the simple nature of the problem):

- BlackBerry 8707v
- BES for Domino

Ok, all is working great , but... one user had some strange problems, I think caused by his not-locked keyboard in his pocket (probably some configuration has been deleted or something).
Ok, no problem, let's use the "Wipe" function ---> same result
Well, let's try the "Nuke" function... ok, it worked, the device is nuked (on starting, it shows the "507" screen), and now I have to load the device with a new configuration.
Ok, but... ops, I have not a saved configuration, well let's create the first... ops again, I find that I need the Device Software Configuration package and to point to %CommonFiles%\Research in Motion folder...
And here is the question: precisely, which are the necessary steps to load the "Device Software Configuration package" and what is it (a JAR archive, a folder with some files, or other), and where I can find it? (uhm... yes, these are three questions, but you know what I mean)
I downloaded from BlackBerry site a file called 8707vM_PBr4.1.0_rel394_PL3.0.0.41_A4.1.0.316_Voda _UK.exe.
Is it the right file I need?
And now?
Have I to launch it on the same machine with the BES installed?
I need help; sorry for the probably stupid question, but the BES help guide is not so helping and, you already know, I'm new in the BB World.
Thanks in advance
Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
lunchboxfett
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Load the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on a PC, not the BES.
Then load the file you downloaded above the 8707 Vodaphone file. I assume your device is from Vodaphone since it is an 8707v.
Then connect your device and open the BlackBerry desktop Manager.
It should prompt you to update the OS, if not double click on the Application Loader and it should reload the OS to the device. ONce that is done the device will need to be setup for the end user again.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
DontNukeMyBB

Thanks a lot for your quick response
I will try immediately; I'm currently studying (read fighting with) the differences in using BES or Desktop Manager to obtain the apparently same result (for instance, reloading OS from BES with "Load Device" function or from Desktop Manager as you suggested).
Thanks again !!!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #4
lunchboxfett
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I have never done it from the BES but my simple user's can handle the Desktop Manager load. It is very easy and you can download the latest BB Desktop Manager directly from the blackberry site.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:46 AM   #5
DontNukeMyBB

Red face

Hi, lunchboxfett,
only to thank you again and to say that, after many unsuccessful attempts, I was near to cry but finally I find that probably the device has some hardware problem and it will be replaced by our supplier.
It's all knowledge increasing
I hope to become soon a useful member of this forum.
Thanks again and best regards.
Closed Thread