Old 11-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Paul Brown Associates

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodophone
Default Logging into BIS Account

Please Login to Remove!

Hi
Just joined and hoping you'll excuse my ignorance! I've just got a Blackberry Bold and set up an existing email account through the device wizard. No problems, everything just worked straight off. I now want to edit the signature (sent from my Blackberry) and understand that I have to access my BIS account. Trouble is I don't have a uername or password, when I try to set up an account online using my PIN & IMEI it says the acount already exists (I assume throught the setup wizard on the device)

As I said, email is working perfectly so there must be an account, but how do I retrieve my username & password?
Thanks!
Paul
Old 11-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

If that BB is secondhand, then you'll need to get the previous owner to remove it from his or her BIS. Or somehow pursuade the carrier to do it.

If you bought it new, then sounds like carrier already put it in system for you. Somehow, I'm sure, you can see it at your carriers web portal after you log in, and then select it as "my phone".

UPDATE: I see on second look that I didn't read the OP close enough. My experience with my carrier was I created a login for BIS first, and then selected the "phone" from a list of devices already in the system under my number, or entered the new PIN if the new blackberry was not already in the system. The OP's situation is different, apparently, so ignore my earlier response.

Last edited by aiharkness; 11-27-2008 at 10:28 PM..
Old 11-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Default Need to ...

I really hate the 3rd party email setup. They need to make it clearer that you are actually making an account on the BIS portal.

You will need to go to your carrier portal and call the # for assistance. They can reset the account password. Worse case reset the whole mailbox and you can just resetup your email account.

Once in the portal you have options for filtering, signature etc.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
Huckle Berry

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Same thing has happened with my Curve. The rep in the Verizon set my email up for me so I plan to go back next week to see if they can give me my user name and password.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
UncleMike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ch me, I must be dreaming
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckle Berry View Post
Same thing has happened with my Curve. The rep in the Verizon set my email up for me so I plan to go back next week to see if they can give me my user name and password.
When you setup your email using the setup wizard you are actually creating a BIS account, but as jletendre said, there is no indication that this is what you are doing. With Verizon, the account is setup without any associated username or password, making it accessible only from the device.

A call to customer service should be able to get the username and password setup on the account. I believe there is also a way to do this from the device, but I'm not familiar with that, so can't offer any guidance there.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I think I've seen mention of doing this from the BB but I don't have detailed instructions since my BIS account was set up long ago before this was a possible approach.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
suertetres
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: US Cellular & Verizon

I had the same problem. I was able to go into the menu on my BB then log into BIS through there. I was not able to get on BIS via my laptop
Closed Thread