Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #241
stupink
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange uk

Please Login to Remove!

I dont have time to verify the exact fault, but looking at your operating system versions im fairly sure theres a chance its caused by the media card if you have one remove it and try again. if that fixes it, use a memory card reader to backup the card and delete everything, reinsert the card and format it on the phone then put your data back
Old 12-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #242
rendiarum

Model: 8320
Carrier: Indosat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupink View Post
I dont have time to verify the exact fault, but looking at your operating system versions im fairly sure theres a chance its caused by the media card if you have one remove it and try again. if that fixes it, use a memory card reader to backup the card and delete everything, reinsert the card and format it on the phone then put your data back
hi stupink,

thanks for answering. i removed the media card and still waiting for the white screen and hourglass to wear off. just in case this doesn't work, do you have any other suggestions? thanks.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #243
rendiarum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendiarum View Post
hi stupink,

thanks for answering. i removed the media card and still waiting for the white screen and hourglass to wear off. just in case this doesn't work, do you have any other suggestions? thanks.
stupink,

i removed the media card and the problem remains.
what should i try next?
i downloaded the Desktop Manager v4.6 and i'm thinking of installing it and then reinstall the 4.5 os upgrade. how does that sound?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #244
stupink
Thumbs Must Hurt

yeah i think a reinstall is a good plan. if you search the forum im fairly sure theres a guide to using a program(can't think what its called) to wipe the bb and start again, as the DM won't know to reinstall as it will find it on there already as the same version. there may be better suggestions, i've not had many problems with the phone, i've just read quite a few posts
Old 12-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #245
rendiarum

there's a light at the end of the tunnel at last, this morning i tried turning on the phone as it has been off the entire night, and still the same problem UNTIL... i firgured "hmm, what if i remove my SIM CARD?" and i did just that and it WORKED! the phone turns on smoothly and the phone is upgraded. i checked the camera feature and not it has video recording capability BUT... the problem now lies within my SIM CARD.

question:
i feel so stupid right now but, when you upgrade BB's software, were you not supposed to have the phone active (sim card on)? i kind of feel that this is my first and biggest mistake while trying to upgrade.

share your thoughts. thanks.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #246
stupink
Thumbs Must Hurt

The upgrade process should switch your phone off before doing anything, so in theory it shouldnt hurt the sim card, but i recall a while ago there was an issue with a few of the OS versions and specific carriers where it wiped the sim card doing an upgrade.. I dont think there was a fix bar getting a new sim, so I guess you'll have to tell your carrier you accidentally washed it and need a new one lol.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #247
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Downloaded/installed this Tmob OS to pc after installing latest DM. When I connect phone (wife's Curve 8320) to pc it doesn't find the OS to install it. I know this has happened to others, but how do I get it to install on the Curve? I can't find the OS on the pc, only the install icon on the desktop. It didn't give me an option of where to install it. I just got the phone so there's no old OS on my pc for it. Thanks

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 12-09-2008 at 10:54 AM..
Old 12-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #248
dmead

Model: EVO
PIN: the tail on the donkey!
Carrier: Sprint

remove the vendor.xml file then try again.

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\vendor.xml
Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #249
raja_3012

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

.110 is now the latest official version released by BlackBerry. It is not a beta release anymore. here is the download link.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
Old 12-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #250
jchin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobly View Post
I'm on T-Mobile and have updated my firmware with pretty much anything I can find. The biggest issue I have ever had was with the MyFaves not displaying properly...but I figured that out, too.
4.5 is a HUGE improvement over 4.2. You won't regret doing it. As for volume and other issues, it is NOT that bad. I had to turn mine down to get it to normal levels for the office.
And, yes, you can revert back if you want to.
How did you fix your MyFaves problem? I spent 8 hours yesterday with T-Mobile and Blackberry, they cannot seem to get MyFaves to work. It kept giving an error "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" whenever they tried to push MyFaves to the handset. They even had me wipe the handset and restore my data to it. MyFaves worked until the next powercycle, then MyFaves disappeared again.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:15 AM   #251
kenxu1118
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_3012 View Post
.110 is now the latest official version released by BlackBerry. It is not a beta release anymore. here is the download link.

thanks,but I can not register there, who can provide local download?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #252
rendiarum

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupink View Post
The upgrade process should switch your phone off before doing anything, so in theory it shouldnt hurt the sim card, but i recall a while ago there was an issue with a few of the OS versions and specific carriers where it wiped the sim card doing an upgrade.. I dont think there was a fix bar getting a new sim, so I guess you'll have to tell your carrier you accidentally washed it and need a new one lol.
finally, it WAS the sim card and got it replaced asap
now.... why isn't my Yahoo Messenger working? tried Gtalk and there's no problem with it. already called the carrier and asked them to try and fix it - could they be the source of this problem?

other than that my BB is working absolutely fine.
just not sure i want to upgrade my BB again any time soon..