BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
brickfinance

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Angry Help - Googlemail account/icon is receiving all my e mails.

Please Login to Remove!

I have a brand new blackberry 8320, through Orange.

I have set it up but it just needs tweaking and it all revolves around my 2 e mail addresses [email address] , run through a separate ISP and [email address]

All my [email address] e mails are all now are diverted to Outlook and I dont go into Google anymore. This works fine no probs.
However, on my blackberry I have 2 icons for each e mail address [email address], [email address] however all e mails go to the [email address] address icon. Whilst not a big problem as I still getting my e mails, however it doesnt let me change the reply address.

So in other words, people will e mail [email address] and I will be replying from [email address] which is not what I want.

Its obviously something small and needs a tweek but I dont know how to do it.

Can you help ?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I'd suggest deleting both from BIS, deleting your service books and then setting it all up again and resend your service books.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
UncleMike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ch me, I must be dreaming
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfinance View Post
...I have set it up but it just needs tweaking and it all revolves around my 2 e mail addresses [email address] , run through a separate ISP and [email address]

All my [email address] e mails are all now are diverted to Outlook and I donxxx8217;t go into Google anymore. This works fine no probs.
How are the emails being "diverted"? Is googlemail forwarding them to another account that you access via Outlook, or is Outlook accessing the googlemail account directly? If that latter, is it via POP3 or IMAP?

Quote:
However, on my blackberry I have 2 icons for each e mail address [email address], [email address] however all e mails go to the [email address] address icon. Whilst not a big problem as I still getting my e mails, however it doesnxxx8217;t let me change the reply address.
So you have (4) icons for (2) email addresses? There is also a common "messages" icon that includes email from all email addresses as well as SMS, etc. Is this what you're referring to?

Quote:
So in other words, people will e mail [email address] and I will be replying from [email address] which is not what I want.

Itxxx8217;s obviously something small and needs a tweek but I donxxx8217;t know how to do it.

Can you help ?
I think there is more detail to your setup than you're passing on here, and the missing details are crucial to solving the problem. But then again, if takeshi's suggestion works, forget I said anything.
Closed Thread