BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #1
abfield
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Angry Calendar sync issues driving me nuts!

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,

I have an 8703e on Verizon and my company is running BES. I feel like my calendar was syncing fine when I first got the BB but I've been having issues for a few weeks. Email, Contacts, Memos, Tasks are all syncing just fine from what I can tell.

If I add a calendar event in my Outlook it gets to my BB just fine. But if I edit that calendar event (time or description) it doesn't always seem to update. And, if I add an event that falls on the weekend it doesn't seem to make it to the BB unless it's a recurring event where one of the days happens to fall on a Sat or Sun.

If I add an event on the BB it doesn't make it to Outlook but I know this used to work. I've waited a few days and it's still not there so I know I'm giving it enough time.

If I delete an event from Outlook it no longer gets deleted on my BB but I'm sure that this was working in the past.

If I open Desktop Manager > Intellisync and choose "Configure reconciliation" it tells me that wireless reconciliation is enabled which is what I want. If I go to "Configure PIM" the only one with a checkmark is "Calendar" and it is set to "BlackBerry Wireless Sync". None of the other PIMs have checkmarks and they are all set to "MS Outlook". What do these settings mean?

Can someone please assist me in getting my calendar sync working again? Also, how do I force a calendar reconciliation? I know for Messages I just choose that option. Does this reconcile all PIM applications? Much appreciated!!!

-Adam
Old 05-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I suggest you speak to your BES Admin as they know how things are set up much better than anyone here.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
abfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
I suggest you speak to your BES Admin as they know how things are set up much better than anyone here.
I can try that but I'm using my own BlackBerry and not a company issued one so they might give me a hard time. Even though I'm sure it's probably some setting that could have gotten messed up either way. So, I was hoping someone here might have a suggestion or two that I could try first.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Well only the BES Admin knows the setting and policies that are in place. Why would they give you a hard time, if they set you up in the first place?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
abfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Well only the BES Admin knows the setting and policies that are in place. Why would they give you a hard time, if they set you up in the first place?
They gave me a bit of a hard time when they set me up in the first place. They basically configured me on the BES server but said I was on my own when it came to configuring the device and desktop software. Fortunately that wasn't too difficult. So, I have a feeling that they won't want to support the device since it's not theirs but I can try.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or could at least explain to me my Desktop Manager setup and why only Calendar is check and why on Calendar says "BB Wireless Sync". I'm not sure what any of that really means.

Thanks again.
-Adam
Closed Thread