Old 06-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #41
Winston S.
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Sorry. Search for Datebk5, and you'll find that you can't do what you want to do. Can't even do a Call Joe Smith in the calendar and have it look up or link the phone number. Basic but the rest of it is worth it. Make sure you learn the calendar shortcuts in my tips docs at my site.
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying with Datebk5 it did not give you the ability to link a calendar appointment with a contact listing already on your palm device?

On the other hand if you meant that that the BB software does not allow you to do this, I understand that, and am a little disappointed.

I have actually looked at your tips doc and the shortcuts for the calendar are useful but they do not make up for the lack of functionality within the BB calendar.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #42
Leto

Model: 8700v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leto
Hello,

Is there a way to synchronise the Blackberry agenda using a Palm Agenda ?

Thanks
Any Idea from anybody ?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:22 AM   #43
Gkins3
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24B4032B
Post Entering Info in Palm and Sync w/BB

Leto,

I imagine you could enter your Agenda info in your Palm program, and then sync that with Outlook, and then resync the Outlook to your BB... if you like the Palm software better.

I switched over from Palm only a few weeks ago and am loving the BB, but their calendar/schedule program still leaves a bit to be desired and only has about 20% of the functionality that my Palm program does (Agendus). The rest of the features of my 8700 make it worth it though... I can deal with it.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #44
Leto

This is exactly my problem: I use a Palm Tungsten T3 and have benn getting a BB 8700 v from my Company.

I still want to use Palm Desktop via Agendus which is far much better than Outlook + I continue to use programs on my palm that I will not be able to get with a BB as GPS/Video viewer/Books/Metro interactive maps/ Ailines and Train timetables/ games/ ....
Old 06-14-2006, 02:27 PM   #45
Leto

I downloaded two days ago the latest version of BB desktop which includes an important function to importatn data from Palm OS

Unfortunately when I run it it starts the process of i,porting the calendar data but styas "frozen" for quite some time any solution you can help me with ?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #46
Winston S.

Quote:
I downloaded two days ago the latest version of BB desktop which includes an important function to importatn data from Palm OS

Unfortunately when I run it it starts the process of i,porting the calendar data but styas "frozen" for quite some time any solution you can help me with ?

Thanks in advance
I had the same problem when I first got my blackberry. Unfortunately I never got it to work and gave up on it.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #47
ebruder
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T
Default Calendar Link with Contacts ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S.
I'm a new BB user coming from the Palm OS. Is there an inexpensive way to "link" calendar appointments with contacts? With Datebk5, a Palm OS program, I was able to "link" a contact with my calendar appointment so that I could just click a link for the contact's information without going directly to the address book. I don't see an option for this on the BB.

I read this with interest, as linking the calendar with a contact has been around on the Palm for years. I still have an old Palm III, and with Datebook 3 I can link a contact to a calendar event. I have also been unable to do so with my new 8700c, which I still have 29 days to evaluate.

Is there any third party app that can accomplish this feat, or does the BB OS preclude it entirely?

Thanks much
Old 06-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #48
Winston S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebruder
I read this with interest, as linking the calendar with a contact has been around on the Palm for years. I still have an old Palm III, and with Datebook 3 I can link a contact to a calendar event. I have also been unable to do so with my new 8700c, which I still have 29 days to evaluate.

Is there any third party app that can accomplish this feat, or does the BB OS preclude it entirely?

Thanks much
AFAIK I don't think there is a solution.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #49
Leto

Nobody else has any idea ???
Old 06-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #50
ebruder
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Default There is linking ability, but I sure don't understand it

Quote:
Nobody else has any idea ???

If you type anything, even a single letter into a time slot, and then click the scroll wheel, you'll see an option to link. Select that, and it will take you to a blank "Link" page. You have the ability to enter a full address book type description there. What I'd like to do is, at the minimum, copy and paste my current address book to this link page. How I would them use it, I am not sure, but it would be a start.

Does anyone know how to copy the address book on to the link page?

I can't quite accept that there is no way to link a contact with an appointment
Old 07-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #51
Leto

nobody has any idea ?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:27 PM   #52
cmoczarski

Model: 7520
Default Multiple Outlooks

I have 2 different corporate Microsoft Exchange accounts (one for the company I work for and the other for the customer account I work at).

Since a "Feature" of outlook is that you can only have one exchange server defined, I have it setup to be connected to my company's exchange server.

I have a Palm T/X that syncs with this account.

I have a Blackberry 7520 that is using a BES server to sync with the exchange server at my customer account.

Is there a way to sync the calendar from my Palm (which is sync'ing from my company's calendar) with the Blackberry (which is sync'ing from my customer's calendar)?

I think I already know the answer to this, but thought I'd ask the experts. Thanks!

-Curt
Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #53
Svenster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

Nevermind, found the answer in another thread. Gotta have BES to accept meeting invites.

New BB 8700c user looking for some help sync'ing outlook meeting/appt request on the BB. (By the way, the Cal tips are great tips, many of which I use now) In the user manual it "appears" that on the BB you can accept/decline meeting invites. I tried this and had a friend using outlook send me a meeting request. The BB shows the email, with some meeting details, but there does not appear to be a way to accept the meeting request. Do you have to run BES to get this to work?

In the alternative, can someone provide me with a link to learn more about this and how to resolve. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Svenster; 10-10-2006 at 10:06 PM..
Old 11-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #54
amazonwoman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: tmobile
Default Unable to accept meetings with BB 8700g

I have BES software and I'm not able to accept meetings or create new ones that have attendees.

I can only create appointments for myself.

I'm in the process of updating the firmware for my handheld. Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks
Jana
Old 11-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #55
paulwillis

Model: 8707
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
It is now a misconception that BlackBerry PIM is inferior compared to Palm/PocketPC's default PIM. This used to be true, but is NOT true anymore. Keep in mind BlackBerryOS 4.0 now has categories...
I have 4.1 on my 8707 but I don't see any categories. Is there a way to create these and colour code them? This is the one think I really miss from my Palm.

Paul
Old 11-25-2006, 03:48 PM   #56
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwillis
I have 4.1 on my 8707 but I don't see any categories. Is there a way to create these and colour code them? This is the one think I really miss from my Palm.

Paul
Welcome to the forums...

Categories are in the contact list. When you edit a contact you have the ability to add the contact to a category. You can even create your own categories. Then when you are looking through your contact list you can use the "filter" selection in the menu to filter the categories.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #57
paulwillis

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
Categories are in the contact list.
Thanks for the welcome and the quick response..

I should have been more specific, I was refering to the Calendar.

On my soon to be ex- Palm (and on iCal) I can set different colours for different calendars. As a freelance I colour different client calendars so it's easy to look at a week or month view and see what is going on and where I will be working.

How can I achieve this on my Blackberry?

Cheers

Paul
Old 11-25-2006, 08:06 PM   #58
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

There are no categories in the BB calendar. This is a long requested feature, and I still can't figure out why they haven't incorporated it , but . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwillis
Thanks for the welcome and the quick response..

I should have been more specific, I was refering to the Calendar.

On my soon to be ex- Palm (and on iCal) I can set different colours for different calendars. As a freelance I colour different client calendars so it's easy to look at a week or month view and see what is going on and where I will be working.

How can I achieve this on my Blackberry?

Cheers

Paul
Old 11-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #59
paulwillis

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
There are no categories in the BB calendar. This is a long requested feature...
Are there any 3rd party fixes? I don't particularly need categories as such. Just a way of colouring events.

Paul
Old 11-25-2006, 09:28 PM   #60
ibrg

Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo

Mark, thanks for the tips.
Problem is, I can't remember all the tricks in my head and I'm certainly not going to carry a cheat sheet everywhere. But the idea that the BB calendar is actually more sophisticated-yet-efficient is a fun trivia to gloat about.
Closed Thread