Old 06-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
thebigd

Model: 8703
PIN: N/A
Carrier: bell canada
Default Issues with Calendar Synchronisation

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys,

I provide IT support for a fairly large organisation and do alot of BB troubleshooting / repairs as part of the role. I usually have no issues with these devices but there is one problem that rears its ugly head ever occasionally and I'm looking for other peoples experience, hoping someone has an answer or some ideas

One of the executive I support has issues with his calendar syncrhonisation. Running a BB 8803, but he has switched handhelds and the problem migrated with him, so I'm thinking this is some kind of a network/bes integration issue or something.

The main symptom, is ocassionaly, and probably only happens with .5 percent of his appointments, is his calendar will not wirelessly update when a change is made to his calendar.

So as an example, lets say he has an appointment for Monday morning, 8 am. His executive assistant will go into his calendar and change the meeting from 8 am to 9:30 am. It updates within his calendar, but does NOT update on his blackberry. He ends up going to the meeting 1.5 hours early, or worse, 1.5 hours late and misses the thing entirely.

I have verified that cached mode outlook is disabled on both users exchange accounts and tried to reduce delegate access to his calendar as much as possible. For testing purposes only his EA currently has access to this calendar, and no one else.

This is a major problem for a guy like this, as like many executives he lives by his dayplanner which is his blackberry.

This has happened to a few users I support over the last few years and usually goes away on its own.

Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing in a corp environment ( or other , if applicable) .

Any advice is greatly appreciated - TIA
Old 06-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

What version of BES are you using?
What version of Exchange are you using
What is the HH OS version on this users BlackBerry?
Closed Thread