Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
Blue Knight

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default New & Which One?

Please Login to Remove!

First off, this is my first post...new to all the smart phones, been using a regular old cell phone, make a call-hang up.....
So, I'm looking into getting a smart phone of some type, have used a PDA in the past, also had a Garmin IQue 3600 ( GPS and PDA in one)....
What I guess I'm asking is for some insight to the Blackberry vs IPhone issue.
I'm not going to use it for business, personal use only...personal emails, web surfing and of course phone calls (doh). I'm not a youngster so impressing my friends is a non-issue too.
I want the phone to consolidate some devises and hook up to my Zumo 550 GPS on motorcycle with bluetooth function. I know nothing about the Blackberry other than it's one of if not the best devices out there....but will I use most of the functions and power of the Blackberry???? Or will I be better off with something like the IPhone?
I'm don't want to start a bashing of phones, just some honest opinions.
Also, can the camera function be deactivated????

I'm a gadget guy....and may see myself using more and more, but I don't know...it would be nice if I could rent one for a month and see....yeah, that'll happen...
Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant and any insight would be appreciated...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

You'll find lots of comparisons over in our BlackBerry verus... section.

which is where I am moving this post... Welcome to the BBForums!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

I have no clue what that post above me is about but i hope the effects are not permanent?

Blue Knight...I was in the same position as you when I bought mine. I did a lot of research and spoke to a lot of people with smart phones.

I ended up getting the 8310 Curve. It is tried and tested and seems to be a true workhorse. I also ride a lot have and have a Zumo 550 and I keep my phone on bluetooth in my saddlebag and it works beautifully with the 550.

I have never been a fan of apple because their products are so dam proprietary so my opinion on the i-phone is very biased. However I did question several folks who had one when I was doing my research.

I have been having my phone for several months and have never regretted it one minute.

David

Twitter
Closed Thread