Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Not a problem.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:59 PM   #22
techker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telus and rogers

what is the appz that u used to do these themes?any tutorials?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #23
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

He did not create the themes. There is no publicly available tool to create a theme. These are the different themes that the carriers put on their BBs. The files were stripped out and put into one nice file by Jibi.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:44 AM   #24
oakbrook

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default 7100 Orange Small Icons issue

It would appear that the background image on the Orange theme suffers the same fate as any alternate background image displayed using the small icons theme on the 7100.

The top ~60% of the background image is "washed out" (as seen in the Organge 7100 photo above). I have confirmed this behavior through installation of the theme. While this problem is likely related to the Orange's dependency on the small icons theme it is nonetheless pretty annoying.

Other posts reference this small icons theme problem on the 7100 as "normal" or "expected", but I have never seen an explanation to why this occurs and what workarounds may exist.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:19 AM   #25
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

okay, so now that i see what you all are talking about, here's the issue.

the background layer/image is embedded as part of the theme with a static size (240x160) and size-related position (vertical alignment centered, due to the background image size and the auto-matic placement by the 7100 OS). there is another layer (white; foreground) that has a static size (240x160) and position (vertical alignment top). due to the positioning of both aspects of the layers, there is an unwanted alignment issue, thus the layers are only partially overlapping rather than completely overlapping. there is no way to fix that, most likely.

i would say this is just a side effect of the theme being designed with a lightening white layer as a foreground as part of the theme (which would set it at 240x160 with a vertical top alignment no matter the situation or handheld).

Last edited by jibi; 08-29-2005 at 09:23 AM..
Old 08-29-2005, 10:58 AM   #26
MI_Jester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
*grumble*

I really hate hosting providers... I will do some research on these download issues. For now, until I can get the issue resolved or move hosting providers, please retry the download until it completes successfully.

For those having issues, what browser are you using and what kind of connection do you have to the net (cable, DSL, T1, etc)? Also, are you using any sort of Download Manager or firewall?

jasonb, click on Details and write out the entire message. It could very well be related to the other stuff that the others have posted about disconnects from the webserver. Also, are you using the high or low link (or is it happening on both)?
I've been lurking here for a bit. I've been trying to do everything OTA and using a car charger to keep things up and running. I have a 7100T for personal use and have a 7520, 7250, and others for testing. I have the other devices loaded on my laptop and desktops so I am forced to use OTA for all of my personal software. Since this is strictly a non-business use I want to use it on my personal device.

The people getting the HTTP Error: 500 may be running in to it the same way as me. I am using my 7100T to browse the forum and try the OTA install. I get the error when I use my BB to try the download but it works fine from my laptop. When I use ainvar's link I get an error message that a theme already exists on this handheld. Any help for an OTA theme change? I'm trying to use the O2 theme.

Jester
Old 08-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #27
Mess
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I'm getting my 7100g today, so I will try this out. Thanks for taking the time to create this thread.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #28
oakbrook

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
okay, so now that i see what you all are talking about, here's the issue.

the background layer/image is embedded as part of the theme with a static size (240x160) and size-related position (vertical alignment centered, due to the background image size and the auto-matic placement by the 7100 OS). there is another layer (white; foreground) that has a static size (240x160) and position (vertical alignment top). due to the positioning of both aspects of the layers, there is an unwanted alignment issue, thus the layers are only partially overlapping rather than completely overlapping. there is no way to fix that, most likely.

i would say this is just a side effect of the theme being designed with a lightening white layer as a foreground as part of the theme (which would set it at 240x160 with a vertical top alignment no matter the situation or handheld).
Thanks for researching the alignment issue on the background images for the 7100. If the alignment of the foreground cannot be adjusted I guess we'll have to accept the flaw. Too bad, it looks great on the 7200's.

Thanks again for the thread and your timely response to my question.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #29
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Jester
I've been lurking here for a bit. I've been trying to do everything OTA and using a car charger to keep things up and running. I have a 7100T for personal use and have a 7520, 7250, and others for testing. I have the other devices loaded on my laptop and desktops so I am forced to use OTA for all of my personal software. Since this is strictly a non-business use I want to use it on my personal device.

The people getting the HTTP Error: 500 may be running in to it the same way as me. I am using my 7100T to browse the forum and try the OTA install. I get the error when I use my BB to try the download but it works fine from my laptop. When I use ainvar's link I get an error message that a theme already exists on this handheld. Any help for an OTA theme change? I'm trying to use the O2 theme.

Jester
I will take a look into it tonight, and will possibly mirror the link elsewhere just to see if it works for one of the themes. Does it even pull up the Download/Cancel screen with the information for the theme, or is it eventually just timing out with the 500 error while trying to load that portion? And are you using the low or high links?

Last edited by jibi; 08-29-2005 at 01:03 PM..
Old 08-29-2005, 02:06 PM   #30
MI_Jester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I will take a look into it tonight, and will possibly mirror the link elsewhere just to see if it works for one of the themes. Does it even pull up the Download/Cancel screen with the information for the theme, or is it eventually just timing out with the 500 error while trying to load that portion? And are you using the low or high links?
No Download/Cancel screen. It clocks briefly and then gives the 500 error. High link. I just tried the low to see if it happened on both and the low did allow the download. When it was run I get "Uncaught exception: Theme already present."

I figured we'd try to fix one error at a time ;) It is also the same error I get when I run the one from anivar.

Jester
Old 08-29-2005, 02:33 PM   #31
jibi
BlackBerry God

Just to give you a bit of a background on how JAD/COD files work - the JAD will actually, to an extent, load the COD file (or atleast part of it) before it displays information. The COD files can be quite large, hence the LOW option, which breaks these files down into fairly small files. My guess is that the connection is timing out, thus returning a 500 HTTP error. For this reason alone, I may end up removing the high download entirely.

As for the other error, check to see if the theme module is installed - go to Applications then click and select Modules - check for net_rim_theme_125_240x260 or net_rim_theme_o2_240x260.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #32
MI_Jester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Got it. Thanks. This post use to have a stupid question attached. It's been a long day.

Jester

Last edited by MI_Jester; 08-29-2005 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Deleted due to grose stupidity...
Old 08-29-2005, 03:19 PM   #33
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Jester
O2 7100x Theme version 4.0.2 and O2 Theme version 4.0 are both installed. Now I just need to switch over to the new theme.

Jester
remove the 4.0 module.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:32 PM   #34
MI_Jester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Man you're fast on the keyboard... I can't even hide my shame before you can quote me ;)

Jester
Old 08-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #35
jibi
BlackBerry God

haha. i just caught your reply at the right time. i'm rebuilding my test BES and IIS server, so i was looking at my other thread for the MIME extensions.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:31 PM   #36
mrbrut

Model: 8100
Carrier: Optus

I get the following error when trying to download the 'low' themes...

907 Invalid JAR

It gets only a little into the download and then states that the download failed.
Any ideas why this is so or how to get around it?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:00 PM   #37
jibi
BlackBerry God

how many bars do you have when it fails? typically, the error there is representative of either a bad file (not the case) or a dropped connection (usually due to signal/coverage).
Old 08-30-2005, 12:17 AM   #38
Mess

Thanks jibi. I downloaded the zip file, installed through desktop manager,and everything's cool. Again, I appreciate the effort and time it took to make our bberry's a little more exciting.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #39
jasbart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Default Orange theme/call duration

I installed the Orange Theme on my 7100G with little trouble, other than the calculator snafu.

I have noticed, though, that the call duration read-out stops at :59 (ie 59 seconds). After the call I go back into the call log, and see the correct length of the connection.

Any ideas? Thanks, Jim
Old 09-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #40
bb4lfe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks so much!! Using a Verizon 7250 and the themes I installed all work. Heres my question. Any chance you can make the icons of the tmobile theme (or the default list theme, which looks like the 7100g) smaller, so it fits on the 72XX series better? that would make it perfect!!
Closed Thread