Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #41
Stuka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Uscellular

Please Login to Remove!

Great app. Thanks. Looking forward to updates.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #42
Stuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
Great app. Thanks. Looking forward to updates.
sorry, but copy and paste from text files is not intutive for me. I create a new list but no copy function in the list. Selecting the list in the list column, loads copied vocabulary but doesnt show up anywhere. ??? I use comma separated items from an email, but.....
Thanks
Old 06-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #43
tedrex

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
sorry, but copy and paste from text files is not intutive for me. I create a new list but no copy function in the list. Selecting the list in the list column, loads copied vocabulary but doesnt show up anywhere. ??? I use comma separated items from an email, but.....
Thanks
Make sure you have selected and copied a comma separated list of words that needs to be added to dictionary, then 'Load vocabulary from clipboard' menu shows up on the main screen of MaraTick. Then they will appear within pop-up suggests in the new item's editor field.
But, first of all, make sure you've selected your list and copied them into the clipboard by using 'Copy' menu ( in the context of whenever you are, be it email, calendar event, text in a web browser or a memopad).
If you didn't copy it into the clipboard, the 'Load vocabulary from clipboard' menu won't show up in MaraTick.

Clipboard is a common storage area accessible from any Blackberry program, and therefore can be used as a simple data transfer mechanism between different apps.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #44
Stuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrex View Post
Make sure you have selected and copied a comma separated list of words that needs to be added to dictionary, then 'Load vocabulary from clipboard' menu shows up on the main screen of MaraTick. Then they will appear within pop-up suggests in the new item's editor field.
But, first of all, make sure you've selected your list and copied them into the clipboard by using 'Copy' menu ( in the context of whenever you are, be it email, calendar event, text in a web browser or a memopad).
If you didn't copy it into the clipboard, the 'Load vocabulary from clipboard' menu won't show up in MaraTick.

Clipboard is a common storage area accessible from any Blackberry program, and therefore can be used as a simple data transfer mechanism between different apps.
So on a multi item list, then mulit items show up when paste show under "new item". HOw do you then chose an item off that list? Or do you copy only one item at a time?
Sorry but Im having a brain fart over this one. I appreciate your patience.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #45
Stuka

Hmm,
after loading vocabualry I open the list. Unde r"new item" I get "paste", which then pastes all items.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #46
tedrex

Quote:
Hmm,
after loading vocabualry I open the list. Unde r"new item" I get "paste", which then pastes all items.
Sorry, I didn't notice that you have a pearl. Because of suretype, predictive text popup may not be working on pearls. Let me know if you have that problem. And this needs to be addressed as I expect a lot of users be Pearl owners.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #47
deathbyart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Every attempt of trying to download has failed. When I tried OTA I got a HHTP 504 error and when using the computer i got 907 Invalid COD. What gives?
Old 06-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #48
tedrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyart View Post
Every attempt of trying to download has failed. When I tried OTA I got a HHTP 504 error and when using the computer i got 907 Invalid COD. What gives?
try again. It is working, the download.
I don't know what might have happened.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #49
Stuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrex View Post
Sorry, I didn't notice that you have a pearl. Because of suretype, predictive text popup may not be working on pearls. Let me know if you have that problem. And this needs to be addressed as I expect a lot of users be Pearl owners.
Ok, once I enabled multitap, and initiated typing, predictive text opened up. but only if I deleted the second letter input. I noticed there was already quite e few food items I assume were input to vaocabulary by installing Mara? Otherwise the stock vocabualry is pretty impressive
At this point its just a matter of geting used to the input method. Thanks for the app and your good natured input.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #50
scott_perry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint, Alltel

Downloaded this yesterday OTA. So far it looks very nice and intuitive. One minor issue is that if I make a change and hit the ESC button, it doesn't prompt me to save the changes. Thank you for the app.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #51
tedrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_perry View Post
Downloaded this yesterday OTA. So far it looks very nice and intuitive. One minor issue is that if I make a change and hit the ESC button, it doesn't prompt me to save the changes. Thank you for the app.
The reason is it is designed to be as fast as possible. Therefore a lot of shortcuts, predictive text, copying list items and lists so that you can reuse them instead of creating a similar list from scratch etc.
Bottom line is, it is not easy compete with a traditional paper and pen approach of making a shopping list.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #52
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL

looks promising, i will check it out!
Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #53
mclaugh

Carrier: vz
Default Problem selecting checked items?

Not sure if this issue is due to my theme (bberry Today), but on my 8830, when I scroll down into my checked items, I can no longer see which line is highlighted.
On my grocery list, for example, I scroll past the unchecked white lines, down to the yellow checked lines- and while the white lines turn to a darker blue background when highlighted, the yellow lines do not change to highlight which checked line I've scrolled to.
Am I the only one having this issue?
I have 1.0.6.

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #54
tedrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaugh View Post
Not sure if this issue is due to my theme (bberry Today), but on my 8830, when I scroll down into my checked items, I can no longer see which line is highlighted.
On my grocery list, for example, I scroll past the unchecked white lines, down to the yellow checked lines- and while the white lines turn to a darker blue background when highlighted, the yellow lines do not change to highlight which checked line I've scrolled to.
Am I the only one having this issue?
I have 1.0.6.

Thanks.
Interesting. What is your OS version? Is it 8830 or 8130? just confirming.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #55
mclaugh

Carrier: vz

I have an 8830, latest Verizon OS (4.2.2.176).

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #56
JaredH

Model: 9650

I hesitated to dl this, idk why but I'm glad I did.

Runs smooth and I cant wait to use it! The format is so simple and I love the word memorization, brilliant.

I look forward to any updates you have.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #57
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaugh View Post
I have an 8830, latest Verizon OS (4.2.2.176).

Thanks.
OT - verizon has a new OS as of about two days ago. It allows 8gig SD cards to be used/recognized
Old 06-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #58
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

My wife is loving this app, of all task apps I have thrown at her to try, she likes this the best. She calls it her list of lists...
Old 06-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #59
PDM

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
My wife is loving this app, of all task apps I have thrown at her to try, she likes this the best. [...]
I'd second that...
Old 06-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #60
Stuka

Is there anyway to enter multiple items at once from a list? Tell me you all are doing it now annd IM gonna cry!
Thanks
Closed Thread