BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Should paid themes be banned?
Ban Paid Themes all together 21 22.11%
Ban the trouble makers 31 32.63%
Make the themers pay for advertising 17 17.89%
I dont care. 26 27.37%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:28 AM   #41
Perfect Storm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andriver View Post
I think it makes sense to create their own commercial site.
Agreed, but many are doing both
Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #42
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 241BD9F4
Carrier: tmo
Default let them stay

i voted for punishing the touble makers. Do i prefer free themes....um ya. But alot of the really neat clean themes that i like are pay themes. I love coming to this site more than pinstack now because honestly the themes that people post here imo are a cleaner better quality, they are more to my liking. Id hate to see one of my main reasons for coming here gone.

I also disagree with the view of building free themes to build a base "fan group" then offer paid themes on your own site. Not everyone can build and manage a website cost wise, or time wise. I know with college and two jobs i hardly have time to make a simple theme, let alot run an entire website.

i really hope you guys reconsider and dont remove paid themes.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #43
guttertrash
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers

i agree with the new forum section for paid stuff, as well as the ban the trouble makers part (maybe a 3 strikes you're out kind thing, in case there's some question as to the degree of troublemaking - ie "I meant it as constructive criticism, not to start a flamewar")

but at the end of the day i really don't care. it's jsut as easy for me to ignore the threads that go bad and move on to the next one, as it should be for the people who don't agree with paid themes
Old 02-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #44
adperdue
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: wheel
Carrier: ATT

I say get rid of the spammers, troublemakers, lot lizards, etc. If you make a theme announce it in the forums, then leave it be. You start posting it all over in unrelated forums, gtfo.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #45
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
well considering I didnt ask for that thanks I already said I didnt want that stupid answer in my danged poll. Not everything is about GD beer. somethings should be left well enough alone.
My bad - fixed it. Thought I had read to add it as an answer.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #46
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc View Post
My bad - fixed it. Thought I had read to add it as an answer.
Thanks Paul I really do appreciate you putting it back. And I apologize for my tone earlier. Was just a bad morning tacked on to a bad yesterday.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:27 AM   #47
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

No worries - I have my bad days too - seem more frequent for me lately though. I chalk it up to not enough sleep.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #48
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc View Post
No worries - I have my bad days too - seem more frequent for me lately though. I chalk it up to not enough sleep.
Mine is a bad economy and threats of lay offs.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:59 AM   #49
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Mine is a bad economy and threats of lay offs.

Ouch that position sucks Dawg!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #50
Dawg
No longer Registered.

yes I know I didnt even get a paycheck today. So that makes it hard to stay at work.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #51
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch
Carrier: at&t

I didn't vote as I didn't see a response that reflects my view point.
I visit the Media Center section daily to see what kind of cool stuff people have come up with for my BlackBerry (or even other models).
I enjoy seeing the creativity of the members here. If I like something, I comment, if I don't then I just click the back button and go to the next thread of interest. If I like something and want to pay for it, then, I go get it and comment on what I liked about it.
Ninety-nine percent of the content on my BB was obtained free of charge or was pre-installed so I don't mind occasionally paying for things. Having gotten stalled out just attempting to download the necessary software for building a theme, I have decided I can appreciate the work people put into it, either through paying the asking price if I feel it's something I want, lavishing praise on them if it's free, or letting it go if it's not something I want to pay for.

As for the so-called troublemakers, as a mod elsewhere, I have great respect for the mods here and their ability to deal with folks who can't follow the rules. No need for me to tell them how to do their job.

Either way, if someone's behavior is obnoxious, disruptive, creates clutter or otherwise breaks the rules -- be it a regular member or theme builder -- then I would imagine the mods would deal with it accordingly on a case by case basis. The other options seem a bit extreme and rigid if you ask me.

In any case, I still want to see people's themes, and if you want my money then I'll decide if I want to spend it. That's the option I want.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #52
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quillhill View Post

Either way, if someone's behavior is obnoxious, disruptive, creates clutter or otherwise breaks the rules -- be it a regular member or theme builder -- then I would imagine the mods would deal with it accordingly on a case by case basis. The other options seem a bit extreme and rigid if you ask me.

In any case, I still want to see people's themes, and if you want my money then I'll decide if I want to spend it. That's the option I want.
I just took the suggestions of t\others in other threads
Closed Thread