BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Does anyone share these thoughts as well?
I have both the Iphone and BB 5 26.32%
I'm not leaving, I'm BB forever 13 68.42%
I've just about had it, I'm about to leave soon for another device 2 10.53%
Im done with BB 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
wayneholbrook
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 20D214AB
Carrier: AT&T
Default Shame on you RIM! Leaving BB forever!

Please Login to Remove!

It is amazing that the BB is so far behind in the smartphone world now. I started with the very first BB when it hit the market almost 10 years ago. I kept with them for year after year until the first iPhone came out in 2007. Even then I kept going back to my BB because I missed it. But after using the iPhone for sometime and using each new generation iPhone I could clearly see what was happening in the smartphone world. BB just cant keep up or they don't want to. How is it that year after year the BB browser is so bad, just horrendous.

How is it that the BB does not come with at least 32GB much less 16GB of built in storage without having to use an SD Card. Why is it that the BB app world is so limited. It use to be that the email system on the BB was the best and the most reliable. Not anymore, you guys ever see how the iPhone handles Microsoft Exchange? Does not even compare to the BB, it blows the BB exchange away. Recently I keep seeing issues with the BB server going down nationwide, tell me again about reliability... If you do a side by side comparison from the BB to the iPhone 3GS, the BB is as old as the Commodore 64 or the Texas Instruments. People keep telling me xxx8220;or the iPhone is just a multimedia device, its not a good business device.xxx8221; Are you kidding me? Yes, the iPhone is a computer first, a phone second.

When you travel depending on what you are doing, sometimes all you need is your iPhone for your computer needs. I see more and more companies going to iPhone now and more companies leaving the BB. Is the iPhone without fault? xxx8220;No.xxx8221; It has its issues to, people say xxx8220;what about multitasking? I say xxx8220;big deal.xxx8221; But if you need it, its coming in the OS 4.0. Apple has an event on the 26th of Jan that Imo sure will blow me away with the next iPhone in June or July. People need to understand that Apple puts all the research and technology into one device, one carrier, one OS. Whereas BB has so many different devices, different OSxxx8217;s, different carriers. Apple puts it all into one. You tell me what device can be better when all your resources are going into one device all for the user experience.

I can type all day long as to why I have made the conversion to the iPhone from the BB, hell I had the 9700 as well and lasted one week, it felt as though I stepped back in time, absolutely irritating that BB has done s little. I have everything in one device with the iPhone, 5000 + songs, videos, thousands of pictures, visual voicemail that took BB forever to deal with and its still subpar...Again I an go on and on. There was a time that I would think people were crazy to leave BB, I did not like the thought of having no keyboard on the iPhone, but I got use to it, all the benefits out weighed the negative of a keyboard. When you sit back and think of it, its the simplest smartphone around, the syncing of contacts, calendars, music, videos, photos, documents, etc.. and updating the OS is so painless.

The pain in the but updating the BB to different OSxxx8217;s from around the world and the terrible syncing of music was just horrendous on the BB. When I speak to people that have the BB, they say xxx8220;I have an iPhone as a second device.xxx8221; Why???? They obviously like the iPhone but they say they love the BBMxxx8217;s and a keyboard. I can understand that, but thats like meeting a girl who is absolutely gorgeous, but is lousy in bed and had bad body odor, what then? Do you stay with her just because she looks good? If you think the iPhone is better now then wait two weeks to see the next one coming.

Look at the new Google phone and all the other droids in the market, BBxxx8217;s cant even come close to keeping up. Bbxxx8217;s are more a thing of the past, people are comfortable with them and there are so many of them an so many carriers, but once you try some of these other devices, the BBMxxx8217;s and the keyboards are not enough to keep you here.

Obviously Ixxx8217;m posting this on a BB site to which I have been a member of for many years so I know how most of you feel about your BBxxx8217;s, but shame on you RIM for not keeping up with the times, shame on you for allowing this to happen. When I was on my BB, I would see the world around me passing me by, I felt like the old man in the club trying to hang on....

I had a blast on my BBxxx8217;s while it lasted, I had fun trying to figure out what went wrong with my uploads of my OSxxx8217;s through the years on this site. A lot of helpful post and some morons trash talking, but that can happen anywhere. For the most part, it was a great experience but my time has come to move on to better devices that make my life better in business as well as a consumer. Best of luck to all, and to you RIM; technology, technology, technology....get with the program and put something out there that will blow people away.....

And lets not forget about mobile me. Save your contacts and calendars online over the air and the best part is if you loose your phone you can find it via GPS, do a remote wipe or send it messages, make it ring even if someone found it they cant turn the ringer off so you can track it. How is it that the BB doesnt have that?

Does anyone share these thoughts as well?

Last edited by juwaack68; 01-10-2010 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: Changed formatting to what OP changed it to (for readability) in a post that is now hidden
Old 01-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Moving to Rants and Raves.

The BB is a business tool, first, not a consumer device such as the iPhone and others.

I have both and prefer the BB for business applications. I need calendar, contacts and email first, phone second. I have no need for tweets and music and pictures. I use the browser and find it adequate for my needs.

Obviously yhe BB isn't the device for you.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please edit your post to put it into proper paragraphs, it is very hard on the eyes to read a huge block of words.

Edit: Okay, I read through it, if the phone is not the right device for you, then it's not the right device for you. If another phone suits your needs then use that phone instead.

Last edited by Noodle22; 01-09-2010 at 03:23 PM..
Old 01-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

I can't read your post, it hurts my eyes.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook View Post
and some morons trash talking,
Yep, some things never change
Old 01-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wow!!!! So this is the post????? Based on what you stated in the other thread, I can only respond from that and state that if Verizon (my carrier) had access to the iphone it would be an interesting discussion. I am also interested in learning more about the nexus one

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Enjoy your iPhone. Maybe it has an "enter" key on it.
Wow.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
wayneholbrook
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 20D214AB

A little easier to read

Last edited by wayneholbrook; 01-09-2010 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

From what I read, you kept the 9700 for only a week. If you were not satisfied with the phone or it didnt meet your needs, then a blackberry is or was not for you. Thats okay, there are a lot of different types of phone that suite different people's needs.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:06 AM   #10
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook View Post
A little easier to read
I edited your first post with the paragraph marks you indicated and hid your duplicate posting of the first post.

As for your comments, the BB is the device for me. It meets all the needs I have for a device so far.

Would it be nice if the browser was better, sure, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #11
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Ok, now that I've looked at the poll results, I'm even more confused. You said this:

Quote:
but my time has come to move on to better devices that make my life better in business as well as a consumer.
but picked this poll result: "I'm not leaving, I'm BB forever"

So which is it?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:43 AM   #12
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

I use both. My iphone is my primary device, but I still use my 9000 for BBM.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #13
angelbear1973
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: vzw

for me i am just waiting on Verizon to get the iphone and i will switch. I want dependable cell service first.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #14
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Shame on me for reading this thread.... :rolleyes:
Old 01-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #15
xeroxide
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Three (aus)

very good points wayne. I agree with the research thing, however with the BB and it's models, the similarity between them means that the majority of the research dep would be working on multiple cause they overlap... A LOT - the only radical exception to this would be the storm?

I agree with Dubdub as well, consumer and business devices have different strengths/weaknesses.

iPhone's apps are amazing, and there's many i wish were on my BB... but in the end i chose BB over iphone just a few days ago... why? after trying both it seemed that the BB was better for me in terms of messaging. I find the browser quite adequate... you should try the default nokia n95 browser... i couldn't even log into my bank website without it complaining and booting me... took my bank 2 years to make a mobile site which you could do more than just view your balances.

another issue with the iphone FOR ME was it's battery life... i love the apps, but it seems i needed to carry a charger around with me if i wanted to use them. with my BB i've used the GPS for a full hour with only 15% battery drain.... try doing that on an iphone. i love the keyboard and sorry, touch screen while fun, is in the end smudge screen imo... keyboard texting is top notch.

both have strengths and weaknesses, but in your eyes, you are willing to see past the iphones ones, go with that then.

Last edited by xeroxide; 01-10-2010 at 10:22 AM..
Old 01-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #16
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

We are a free society... You are FREE to use whatever device you like. If you despise BB so much that you need to go Apache on it, then CHANGE to something else before it causes you a stroke...

Last I checked many governments don't mandate that you carry a certain phone or the penalty is death so feel free to bust credit card out and buy something else....
Old 01-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
If you despise BB so much that you need to go Apache on it, then CHANGE to something else before it causes you a stroke...
Well played!

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #18
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (well lookie here!)

Lunk awesome reference to Apache!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #19
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

Am I going to get to see another train wreck?

Realistically no phone is perfect as they are all a compromise of cost, reliability, features, speed, purpose and provider limitations. I like my 9550 and will keep it for term and maybe longer. It took a little over a month to get used to but that is the price of dealing with technology. iphones have their issue too.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #20
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Sweet Christmas...

Isn't it cool that there are so many choices out there ( BB, WM, Android, iPhone)?

Deciding amongst those what works best for your own individual needs sounds like a pretty nice problem to have.

It wasn't that long ago that the only PDA on the market was a Kyocera about the size of a VW Bug with a Palm OS.
Closed Thread