Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasports View Post
Update:
Outlook Sync crashes at about 80% of complete, so I have no way to get my crap over. Am now doing an onboard security wipe and will start over. I do this for amusement (beta upgrades) but it's starting to get a bit boring...

I guess thast's why the say "Beta you than me" !
To get my wife's brand new 9700 to take an OS upgrade (OS5 or this OS6) I had to do two wipes using BBSAK. Evidently something lingers in spite of the wipe supposedly completely clearing the OS and applications. After doing that I was able to use Apploader to install OS 6.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #182
alphasports
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Rogers (CAN) / A1 (AUT) / Swisscom (SUI) / T-Mobile (USA)

I got OS6 to install via Apploader and everything works fine except.... f-ing Outlook locks up on about 80% of the Address Book load. All other Outlook modules sync fine (Memopad, Cal, Tasks), but Contacts crash at 80% everytime. I've tried deleting all contacts etc but no joy. Very annoying glitch that has me going back to OS 5 (again!). Sync works like a champ when I go back to 5, so go figger'.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #183
given2fly

Model: 9900
PIN: me down & ride me
Carrier: woof, woof

after corrupting the "phone" app in this OS :D, i was forced to reinstall because it simply wouldn't log onto my rogers network. After i reinstalled it i was having problems installing the new FaceBook 1.9 official so i decided to rummage through the OS using "files" app in the "applications" folder and i found something odd.

Inside a hidden directory titled "system" on my "Media Card" there's a folder entitled "sweet_cache" and inside that folder is about 40 tiny pictures of people i have never seen before. also is listed what appears to be their bbm next to their names. it goes something like this;

1742b6ad_Giovanni_G_3.jpg
1b11490b_Martin Mysyk_3.jpg
20aa50f9_Stephen King_3.png

and so on....
very odd
thought i'd post it since maybe i'm the only one who has this though i doubt it.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #184
alphasports

Carrier: Rogers (CAN) / A1 (AUT) / Swisscom (SUI) / T-Mobile (USA)

Yeah that's a weird one...

Something's definitely up with this release of OS6, after going back to OS 5 for the third time today (the Outlook sync issues disappear each time) I have to conclude that there's something not kosher with the OS release. Many people report no probs which I find interesting but maybe they don't sync with Outlook 2003 or something else dissimilar to my setup. I may give it one more go tomorrow but it's so time consuming that I need awhile to recharge my interest!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:59 PM   #185
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
after corrupting the "phone" app in this OS :D, i was forced to reinstall because it simply wouldn't log onto my rogers network. After i reinstalled it i was having problems installing the new FaceBook 1.9 official so i decided to rummage through the OS using "files" app in the "applications" folder and i found something odd.

Inside a hidden directory titled "system" on my "Media Card" there's a folder entitled "sweet_cache" and inside that folder is about 40 tiny pictures of people i have never seen before. also is listed what appears to be their bbm next to their names. it goes something like this;

1742b6ad_Giovanni_G_3.jpg
1b11490b_Martin Mysyk_3.jpg
20aa50f9_Stephen King_3.png

and so on....
very odd
thought i'd post it since maybe i'm the only one who has this though i doubt it.
Highly unlikely it came with the OS, more likely from your previous OS when you had chats stored on the media card, or perhaps from a previous BB...This OS and OS 5.0 didn't store data like that on media cards.

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 11-11-2010, 05:05 AM   #186
Thiego-uk

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

AMG!!! Found something wierd with the OS6. Its not charging or connecting when you use the charging pod. Anyone experienced it?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #187
Donbp

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiego-uk View Post
AMG!!! Found something wierd with the OS6. Its not charging or connecting when you use the charging pod. Anyone experienced it?
It's charging. The lightning bolt doesn't show up.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #188
Thiego-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbp View Post
It's charging. The lightning bolt doesn't show up.
I though it could be but it still doesnt connect to the pc which really makes me wonder how it charges but doesnt connect.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #189
geolab
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: orange

hello all,
I am on Orange France
Installed OS 6 last night the normal way on PC as all pre-updates. deleted Vendor file before.
I had to resend the service books for the first time whilst I never needed to between OS 5 updates.
Orange France has a special site for this, so you logon, and just click send service books.
Don't know if all OPerators are alike, but it seems I read some call their operator for this.
All went well, but no Text messages. I can receive, but sent messages stay pending.
Battery pull, and Text works very well.
I witnessed this before, abroad on any OS while roaming, had to go down to 2G and re- 2G/3G for pending messages to be sent.
With the battery pull, maybe the fact going up from 2g on start and then to 3g makes Text work.

Second, all the OS5 alerts were gone. found them on another thread, here they are in zip underneath

third, No cursor in 9700 OS6 messages, bbm, bloomberg, txt, etc found it at last.
1-Open Text message or BBM or whatever,
2-scroll up a tad to fall in the text window or chat or whatever,
3-click on the lower LEFT (1aA) button, and your cursor will appear in blue
4- move cursor as you wish.

One thing is that the cursor is visible in each contained message, in TXT, and on each message in BBM uniquely. If you need the cursor on the previous above message, you have to flick the track pad up and re-click on (1aA).

memory is on 74 mb (112 before)
It gets a bit of aquaintance, but it looks swell.

I use blackberry ONLY because of a financial software for my work, that runs only on blackberry mobile. (bloomberg anywhere)
I don't like the idea to wait and wait for the 9780, so the upgrade to OS 6 is just that, with zero xxx8364;uros thrown in between. I am not getting the 9780, what for ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip BB Alerts.zip (161.5 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by geolab; 11-11-2010 at 09:45 AM..
Old 11-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #190
stevew

Default Re: Leaked 9700 OS OS 6.0.0.344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiego-uk View Post
I though it could be but it still doesnt connect to the pc which really makes me wonder how it charges but doesnt connect.
Here's the thing: In OS6, when you plug into a PC, a pop-up on the BB asks if you want to charge ony/sync/or open the drive. The charger may not yet be compatible with the options in OS6 when used on a PC. Mine's using the wall plug and I have no issues.

Previously owned:
Old 11-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #191
Thiego-uk

Guys, another thing : /
My BIS web connection doent work neither. I've being connected by wifi and didnt realize the internet is down when not on hotspot. anyone experiencing same or resolutions?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #192
RogueFive

Installed Monday morning, no issues whatsoever on either install or daily ops (AT&T).
What a great piece of software is this! Nicer and faster! All the new feature are really nice to have, especially the redesigned navigation or the global search or the consolidated contacts ....
personally I think it cannot hold the water to iOS or Android, but this is clearly the best OS ever released by RIM.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #193
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers

One small issue for me.

Text messages sometimes seem to not send unless i do a battery pull, then it starts working.

Don't know if it's Rogers being junky or the OS. I'm assuming OS cause it's been a few different times. It was working then next message would get the clock on it and would't send.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #194
given2fly

PIN: me down & ride me
Carrier: woof, woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Highly unlikely it came with the OS, more likely from your previous OS when you had chats stored on the media card, or perhaps from a previous BB...This OS and OS 5.0 didn't store data like that on media cards.
the os was a clean install.
i think they're the developers of the OS.
and i've added a couple on my bbm just now though no one has responded yet. :(
Old 11-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #195
stevew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
One small issue for me.

Text messages sometimes seem to not send unless i do a battery pull, then it starts working.

Don't know if it's Rogers being junky or the OS. I'm assuming OS cause it's been a few different times. It was working then next message would get the clock on it and would't send.
Yup, see the same thing from time to time. I have to do a battery pull to rectify.

Previously owned:
Old 11-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #196
roberts36

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

On TMo I'm having the same text issue. You can save yourself the battery pull if you go to Manage Connections and briefly shut off your mobile network connection. When you turn it back on the texts will send. I still have to do a battery pull every few days to keep things running quickly though.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #197
Kiba

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
One small issue for me.

I had to shut off the wi-fi and every text gets sent now, a pre bug glitch once you are on wi-fi you can send receive, but leave wi-fi and it does not know you are on the cellular network.

we just have to wait for the Rogers official drop of the OS 6 and it should be swanky
Old 11-15-2010, 03:22 AM   #198
samluthra

Carrier: Vodafone

Hi ... have downloaded the file as an exe file on the mac ... how do i update the phone ??
Old 11-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #199
yahjoogooleh

Swanky?? Hahahahaha I likes that!!!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #200
lorac

Model: 7100r
PIN: 2054FAC1
Carrier: rogers

I can't seem to send messages via mobile GMAIL. So I went and got the latest version, installed, rebooted and it worked. Then after I installed the new version of google talk it no longer worked. I can read and compose messages, but there's no option to 'send' messages. Apart from that it seems mostly working.
Closed Thread