jobincantony
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Question Bluetooth Warning Box " Connection Failed"

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

We have developed an application in blackberry devices for communicating with our blue tooth device.Once there is a connection established with a bluetooth device, the application will maintain the connection.

So if the BT Device goes to sleep mode, the application will try to reconnect to the same device by creating a BluetoothSerialPort with same BluetoothSerialPortInfo. If the BT Device wakes up from the sleep mode, the application will reconnect to the same device automatically.

The application is working well with all blackberry models from OS v 4.0.2 to Os v 4.5.X.X.

Recently some of our customers having Blackberry Bold 9000 have an issue with a POP UP box containing a warning message when the device goes to sleep mode or disconnected.

Say, the name of BT device is "MyBTDevice", When BT device goes to sleep or is disconnected a warning box keeps appearing on the screen every 3 seconds.

"Connection to MyBTDevice failed".

BB OS version : 4.6.0.167.

Does anyone know how to disable this Bluetooth warning message from Blackberry Bold?

Is this an issue with Blackberry Bold or OS version 4.6.x.x?

Currently we don't have the Blackberry Bold available with us. So it would be grateful, if any one can suggest a solution for this.

Thanks in Advance

Jo

Last edited by jobincantony; 02-19-2009 at 10:39 AM..
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Id say upgrade that OS. and if that then doesnt fix it, may be a Bold issue itself

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

I don't believe this to be a problem or issue, but an intentional feature of the OS. The Bold did not receive a true disconnect from the peripheral, and appears to be getting some type of message that the peripheral is there, but cannot connect. Try setting the Trusted property of the peripheral to 'No', this should stop the auto-connect attempt, but will require the user to manually connect each time after a disconnect.

As an example, if I pair my JabraBT530 with my Bold, and set the Trusted property to 'Yes' it will attempt to auto-connect if the BT530 is within range and powered on. If the BT530 is connected to my Curve, I will receive periodic messages that the connection failed, on the Bold, as a result.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
jobincantony

Thank you Shaun.

Ok this could be a feature of the OS. Do we able to disable this message POP-UP?

Actually my application is trying to open the connection with the previously connected device, when it will goes to out of coverage or sleep. So definitely the connection will fail. I just wanted to hide the POP-Up message in this particular case.

This is not present in OS versions up to 4.5.0.55.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

I am going to move this thread to the Developer forum, as you may get more traffic there that can help. As far as I know, there is not a way to suppress the Connection Failure message.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
njingusc

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT
Smile Any new answer?

Hi, All

Is there any new information to this question? Anything user can do on the device or developer can control programmatically to disable/hide this dialog?

Thanks a lot!

Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I am going to move this thread to the Developer forum, as you may get more traffic there that can help. As far as I know, there is not a way to suppress the Connection Failure message.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:55 AM   #7
jobincantony

RIM accepted this as a bug . …will be fixed in OS ver 5.0 due out in a few months( officially )
Old 07-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #8
qwavel

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobincantony View Post
RIM accepted this as a bug . …will be fixed in OS ver 5.0 due out in a few months( officially )
Is this bug officially documented anywhere?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
qwavel

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

This bug is now listed in RIM's new issue tracker.

If you want to vote for it to be fixed, follow it, or comment, you can find it using its ID which is JAVAAPI-266.
Closed Thread