BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 02:42 PM   #21
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Outlook is installed on the BES/Exchange server. Do I have to uninstall it? That would really suck....
Old 07-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #22
rliebsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

RED FLAG: "BIS is ok, but access to my mailbox is severely limited. I have a highly organized mailbox that I simply cannot access using my 8100c. I can only see items in my "Inbox"."

You are begging for disaster and disappointment. Though you can synchronize those other folders, you wont have complete and historical access to all folders, subfolders, sub sub folder and the like....

Blackberry isn't an outlook replacement.

You can't have Outlook on the computer with BES.
When you open BES manager is it connecting to the SRP?
What do you see in your event logs? Anything unusual?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #23
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rliebsch View Post
RED FLAG: "BIS is ok, but access to my mailbox is severely limited. I have a highly organized mailbox that I simply cannot access using my 8100c. I can only see items in my "Inbox"."

You are begging for disaster and disappointment. Though you can synchronize those other folders, you wont have complete and historical access to all folders, subfolders, sub sub folder and the like....
At least I CAN access those folders. Now I can't, but I need to.

Quote:
Blackberry isn't an outlook replacement.
I understand that.

Quote:
You can't have Outlook on the computer with BES.
Can I just uninstall it? Why is this?

Quote:
When you open BES manager is it connecting to the SRP?
How do I tell?

Quote:
What do you see in your event logs? Anything unusual?
Under the Application log in Event Viewer, I have entries such as:
- Controller: This BES Agent is under control of BlackBerry Agent Controller
- [AUDIT] [email address] - User added to the BES
- Waiting for external UDP log messages on port 4085 (should I open this port? I've never seen it mentioned, unlike 3031)
- Starting BlackBerry Mailbox Agent 1 for Server [domaincontroller] - Version 4.1.3.15
- <2007-07-20 12:16:44.914 MDT>:[72]:<MDS-CS_DC_MDS-CS_1>:<EVENT>:<LAYER = SRP, server has made a SRP connection with UID: S69XXXX45>
Old 07-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #24
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile

BlackBerry Search Results

Details

You must not install Microsoft Outlook on the same computer as the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This is an unsupported configuration.

Note: Microsoft does not support installing Microsoft Outlook on a computer with the Microsoft Exchange System Tools. For information on this issue, see article 266418 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base web site. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server requires the Microsoft Exchange System Tools be installed to communicate with the Microsoft Exchange Server.

If Microsoft Outlook is installed on the same computer as the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, complete one of the following tasks:

1. Remove Microsoft Outlook and repair the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) subsystem.
2. Move the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to a new computer.

As for the SRP connection, open the Blackberry Server Configuration, blackberry router tab, test network connection button
BES 4.1
Old 07-21-2007, 12:40 AM   #25
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks for the link.

Ok, I removed Outlook and ran Fixmapisvc.exe (I assume that's what they meant by (Repair the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) subsystem").

Just for the hell of it, I also opened up port 4085 for UDP, as there was a mention of waiting for a message on that port.

Gonna try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydi View Post
BlackBerry Search Results

Details

You must not install Microsoft Outlook on the same computer as the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This is an unsupported configuration.

Note: Microsoft does not support installing Microsoft Outlook on a computer with the Microsoft Exchange System Tools. For information on this issue, see article 266418 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base web site. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server requires the Microsoft Exchange System Tools be installed to communicate with the Microsoft Exchange Server.

If Microsoft Outlook is installed on the same computer as the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, complete one of the following tasks:

1. Remove Microsoft Outlook and repair the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) subsystem.
2. Move the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to a new computer.

As for the SRP connection, open the Blackberry Server Configuration, blackberry router tab, test network connection button
Old 07-21-2007, 03:36 AM   #26
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok, still no wireless activation. But after fixing all that permissions crap, it seems USB activation is actually doing something!

Now it says "running" instead of "initializing". I take it this is a good sign! Now what should I be looking for??
Old 07-21-2007, 03:49 AM   #27
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Woohoo!!! USB worked! After a few minutes, I got a message saying "Activation Complete" on the handset. I clicked menu and chose "View folders" and everything was there!

Thanks for the help everyone. Hopefully this is the end of the problems.

**EDIT**
I spoke too soon. Looks like I cannot send or receive. I sent a test message from a Gmail account and still can't see the message (though it shows up in Outlook). When I tried to send one from the BB, I have a choice of leaving the "Send Using" field [Default], Desktop, or [email address]

I left it on default. Almost immediately upon sending, I got it back with a big, red "X". When I open the email, I get "Message Status: Service blocked"

...sent using Desktop
Old 07-21-2007, 06:24 PM   #28
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok. This is getting crazy. I'm activated, but I can't send or receive via BES. I'm still getting the BIS emails I usually got, but now I'm getting 4 copies of each! Before, I would get an extra one if I replied (message status change) or forwarded an email, but no more than 2.

I keep looking for the MAGT logs everyone keeps talking about, but they're nowhere to be found. Am I looking in the right place??

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs
Old 07-21-2007, 06:31 PM   #29
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Here's what I have for service books. Maybe this will tell something:

- Desktop [BrowserConfig]
- Desktop [SYNC]
- Desktop [MDS]
- Desktop [IPPP]
- Desktop [CMIME]
- Desktop [BBIM]
- Desktop [ALP]
- Desktop [CICAL]
- Provisioning [PROVISIONING]
- Blackberry Internet Browsing
- IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]
- MEdia Net Browser [BrowserConfig]
- TeleNav Maps [BrowserConfig]
- MMS Transport [WPTCP]
- WAP2 BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig]
- MMS Client [MMS]
- WAP2 Transport [WPTCP]
- Browser Config for 5 Click [BrowserConfig]
- IPPP for 5 Click [IPPP]
- WAP Push Config [WAPPushConfig]
- user@domain.com [CMIME]
- BBFS1 [BBIMConfig]
Old 07-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #30
ladydi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile

make sure that the cdo.dll and mapi32.dll files on the BB server are the same as what's on the exch server.
BES 4.1
Old 07-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #31
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just got off the phone with AT&T. As I mentioned earlier, activation worked fine with USB, but I couldn't send/receive. I tried to activate again over wireless, and got the timeout again. That's when I realized it was a provisioning issue.

I called AT&T, and switched to BES service instead of BIS. I thought BES would work when BIS was provisioned, only I wouldn't have access to AT&T support for it. Nope. They had to remove BIS and BES. It brought my monthly cost up a bit, but I think it's worth it. I'm gonna keep playing with it for the next 30 days to see if it's worth paying another $12 a month for.

One interesting thing I noted, after activating the phone on my BES (but before it was provisioned), Opera Mini didn't work. Once they provisioned BES, it started working again. The whole time, the regular Blackberry Internet Browser worked just fine.

Weird...
Old 07-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #32
Flapjack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Problem fixed. I noticed my Blackberry Messenger messages weren't going out, either. So I pulled the battery.

Everything worked when it came back up. However, the phone itself is starting to act funny. I randomly rebooted today at lunch. Not sure what it is...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #33
rliebsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

so, after all this work, how do you like it?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #34
PhanMan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Lightbulb

why not download Vmware server (Free) and run the besx as a virtual machine?

You wouldn't have to worry about it conflicting with other software (exchange) and you could just follow the regular installation instructions.
Closed Thread