Old 01-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #1
skysoft_support
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default New Product: inForm 2.0 - Build your own Databases, Forms, MicroApps

Please Login to Remove!

A year in the making, we're happy to announce inForm 2.0 for the BlackBerry.

You can now build your own Forms, Surveys, Databases, and MicroApps(tm) for the BlackBerry with our new Drag and Drop Editor in Microsoft Windows!

You can build your own Apps and DBs, with no programming required, and it's very easy to use. You can even send data to/from the device over either USB or Wireless.

You can use this program to replace all of the individual expense trackers, mileage trackers, to do lists, and database apps you may have or want with one easy to use app.

Our new Device-2-Device (D2D) feature allows records to be shared wirelessly between individuals and small teams. We've also added powerful search, sort, filter and record navigation capabilities.

We've included a couple of screenshots here:

1. Device

2. PC Editor

You can download the product for trial from our site:
http://www.skysoftsystems.com

Existing mForm 1.0 users get a free upgrade.

Please contact us (support@skysoftsystems.com) with your feedback about the product.

Sincerely,

The Skysoft Team.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
skysoft_support

Hi,

Just to clarify as we've had many questions about the pricing of the application-the pricing of $49.95 is a one-time fee which gives you full unlimited use of the product -this is not a subscription based

Thanks,

Skysoft Support
Old 01-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Looks interesting. Can data files be stored on the card, or does this require main device memory?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
skysoft_support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
Looks interesting. Can data files be stored on the card, or does this require main device memory?
Hi, Thanks for your question.

data files are stored to main device memory. The datafiles are highly compressed though, so you can get many records on the device with a very small memory footprint. For example, we've got a school district using the product with 5000 students in student demograhics and it runs on the old 7xxx series devices without any memory issues.

We're working on 3.0 right now which has photo and sound recording capabilities, so when that is released it will come with the option to store on the card as these files will consume a much larger footprint.

Thanks,
Old 01-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Thank you. Right now I don't have an immediate need for this, but I could envision that I might want to use it.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
skysoft_support

Quote:
Thank you. Right now I don't have an immediate need for this, but I could envision that I might want to use it.
Great let us know if you have any additional questions. Before you purchase another app to collect/store/share any type of information, definately give this a try. Alot of our users go with this to eliminate having to have seperate expense trackers, ewallets, mileage trackers, todo lists.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Do you guys have any sample databases to get started? I'd like to try the product. I'm really looking for a time and billing program so that is the type of database I'd be looking for.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #8
skysoft_support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post
Do you guys have any sample databases to get started? I'd like to try the product. I'm really looking for a time and billing program so that is the type of database I'd be looking for.

Regards-Michael G.
Hi Michael G,

Yes, 17 sample databases come loaded on the product. You can direct your Blackberry browser to the following link to download the sample app over the air to check them out:

http://www.skysoftsystems.com/inform.jad

There are a couple time tracking examples up there. I'd recommend you check out this one based on what you described in your post:

Business Examples-->Time Tracker. Here are a few screenshots from my curve:

Of course, you can completely change the fields, time calculations, etc with the form editor which is downloaded for free at skysoftsystems.com

A couple notes:

1. When you initially load the file, give the device 30 to 60 seconds to configure. I will seem unresponsive initially. This is a one-time occurance as the device loads all the form definitions into the database when you initialize it and won't happen after the first time load.

2. You can play with the font size in your system settings...this will change the font size in the form.

If you're trying to do something with timesheets and can't quite figure it out, let us know and we can give you some hints.

Thanks,

Skysoft Support.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
comptechltd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

I just downloaded the trial and I have to say I think this is the app I have been looking for. I'm very impressed so far.

Steve
Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

I have been using for about 2 to 3 months. I like this. I was using TMX and IMX but was needing something more to track and be more interactive with my business setup. I love inForm, love it!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
I have been using for about 2 to 3 months. I like this. I was using TMX and IMX but was needing something more to track and be more interactive with my business setup. I love inForm, love it!
Have you found that you could replace IMX and TDX with this?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
skysoft_support

Hi, A hint if you are a Storm user.: If you enlarge the system font size, it's easier to navigate the form on the touch screen, because all of the controls like textboxes, numberboxes are larger and easier to pinpoint with your finger.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:45 AM   #13
skysoft_support

Hi,

Just a quick update as many have been asking. You do NOT need BES to use
To use this product.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #14
Nassz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

What phones and OS would be compatible with this app.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #15
skysoft_support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassz View Post
What phones and OS would be compatible with this app.
Hi Nassz,

Thanks for your question.

All current BlackBerry devices are supported with exception of Storm which we're working on. You can get the specific details for product requirements from our product info page:

http://www.skysoftsystems.com/inform

Were you looking for a device or OS outside of the BlackBerry? We don't currently support that.

Thanks,
Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #16
skysoft_support

Hello, some of you have been asking about this error message:

"Error starting inForm: Class 'com.golink.ui.controls.ButtonControl' multiply defined."

If you get this error message it's because you have an older version of the product (mform 1) installed on your device. Please uninstall this to fix the issue.

Thank you,
Old 01-13-2009, 01:31 AM   #17
skysoft_support

Hello,

Many of you have been asking how you can get data to and from the application.

On the Windows Application that comes with this product, you select the 'Send & Receive' data tab on the device.

From there you are given the option to send and receive data to/from the device in CSV format using either USB or email.

You can use Microsoft Excel or Access to manipulate your data very easily.

If you need something more automated, we also have a connector product available on our website.

Thanks,
Old 01-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #18
djm2
BlackBerry Master

This is a nice little application. I went and downloaded the demo this afternoon and have played with it sporadically through the remainder of the day, and have already created two mini-applications that will be handy for me to have. Obviously I have a lot to learn about it yet, but the curve does not seem too steep and there is a good deal of utility.

It is also nice that you can elect to keep some data on the BB if you need it there, or alternatively you can quickly offload data and move it onto the PC host system.

I think that you've probably got another sale!

I do have a question after this bit of praise. If I delete a number of your sample applications off of the BB, will that both save some space on the BB but yet keep the applications integrated with the PC application so I can get them back if I want them?
Old 01-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #19
skysoft_support

Quote:
This is a nice little application. I went and downloaded the demo this afternoon and have played with it sporadically through the remainder of the day, and have already created two mini-applications that will be handy for me to have. Obviously I have a lot to learn about it yet, but the curve does not seem too steep and there is a good deal of utility.

It is also nice that you can elect to keep some data on the BB if you need it there, or alternatively you can quickly offload data and move it onto the PC host system.

I think that you've probably got another sale!

I do have a question after this bit of praise. If I delete a number of your sample applications off of the BB, will that both save some space on the BB but yet keep the applications integrated with the PC application so I can get them back if I want them?
Hi djm2,

Thanks for your feedback and glad you like the application. To answer your specific question-We've included all of the Sample Applications that you see on the device in the /Samples folder on the PC application. So, you can reload them any time you like. Word of warning. Before deleting apps from the device either email or download your records as deleting the apps will delete corresponding data, as expected.

Thank you,
Old 01-16-2009, 04:54 AM   #20
skysoft_support

Default Fuel Economy Tracker Example for inForm

Hello,

Some of you have been asking...OK so now I've bought inForm...can you give me some examples of what you can do with it?

We decided to post this one here, because it really shows the simplicity and power of inForm. In just 10 minutes I created this little application on my BlackBerry Cuve that tracks all of my Fuel Ups, how much they cost me, and measures my fuel economy for me as well as how much I've spent.

Here are some screenshots:

1. Record Entry Screen 1 (Top): Here you can enter your mileage. The form is smart enough to remember your Last ODO reading so that you don't have to bother entering it again! Once you've entered your new mileage while at the gas station and entered the amount of money you spent on your gas, you hit the Calculate Button.

2. Record Entry Screen 2 (Bottom): The form then automatically calculates your mileage! you can track how you paid for the gas.

3. Now, after a couple fill-ups, you can figure out your running total spent on gas, your fuel economy, your total distance travelled, and so on:

If you want to try this example out, all you need to do is load the attached .mff file into the inForm PC editor (download from skysoftsystems.com) and then load it onto your BlackBerry. From there everything should work. Give it a try and let us know if you have any questions! (Rename the attached .txt file to .mff so that the editor can read it...not allowed to post .mff files to this forum)

Also, we're always open for new suggestions for new examples, and plan to post one every week, so let us know if you have something you're looking for. Some of the other members of this forum have been looking for a weight watcher calculator so we're going to do that one next.

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: txt Fuel and Mileage.txt (7.2 KB, 3 views)
Closed Thread