BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: What's the maximum you would pay for MVSR:M?
Free 10 83.33%
3.99 2 16.67%
6.99 0 0%
9.99 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2203551
Carrier: TMO
Talking MVSR Mobile: Pre-Demo Download Available!

Please Login to Remove!

For those who have know idea what MVSR Mobile is, just know its a game.

Info:
I've released an early beta of MVSRM to be downloaded Untill Wednesday the 16th at 11:59. You can either not download it, or play it and tell me if you encounter any problems. The majority of you will just play it and ignore anything you've just read. Anyway, this pre demo is for blackberry users only. I told you crackberryheads I will make certain things available to you only. the game is about 75% done, and although I missed my December mark by far it should be here very soon. Im just very busy gettin legal stuff situated and finishing off the game, adding tutorial mode and finishing story mode =D. I hope you like. Download the Pre Demo at BSCreations Mobile (its a wapping 800kb) from your blackberries or go to BSCreations! - brandon.berryreview.com to download the zip to install through Desktop Manager.

What Im looking for:
Guys and Gals, this is a free beta to check out the overall performance of the game on all blackberries. This is a very limited demo, so please to post saying how come these modes or locked or you expect to sell this, because theres so much more wrapped up in that 800kb application than you are seeing. Please tell me any problems you have with the controls and the game itself. I need your feedback to make the game better.

These are the Controls on my pearl:
0 - controls the menu. and brings up the menu when racing.
In Game:
keypad 6 is to accelerate and keypad 8 is to use what I call an afterburner. More info about that will come with the real demo.
keypads 4,6,8,2, all navigate the menu.
Tell me if you need anything else.

Goto BSCreations! - brandon.berryreview.com to learn more about MVSRM and its features.

Peace and love,
Brandon.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:35 AM   #2
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Any feed? Is everything working efficiently? Any problems?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

wrong thread for starters. you should put this in the aftermarket software forum.

now. the music started and i could not get it off because the hourglass was spinning and spinning and the trackball did nothing.

it took time to figure out how to even move the selector and i could not get the game to close.

needs some more tweaking.

IT LOOKS VERY PROMISING. KEEP WORKING AT IT.

(the pool game, on startup asls if you want music. maybe add this option in)
Old 01-14-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel User View Post
the music started and i could not get it off because the hourglass was spinning and spinning and the trackball did nothing.
I agree with the music. I will mess around with it more when i have the time. So far it looks pretty darn good!
Old 01-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
andrews240
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

It worked fine for me. Can you give more detail on the upcoming features and functionality? I can't really answer the poll well for the app in this state being that it so limited.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel User View Post
wrong thread for starters. you should put this in the aftermarket software forum.

now. the music started and i could not get it off because the hourglass was spinning and spinning and the trackball did nothing.

it took time to figure out how to even move the selector and i could not get the game to close.

needs some more tweaking.

IT LOOKS VERY PROMISING. KEEP WORKING AT IT.

(the pool game, on startup asls if you want music. maybe add this option in)
Thanks Nextel thats the kind of input I needed. Ill definitely add in the startup flash asking if you want sound or not. And Ill also add in a flash to show the controls. As for the trackball, ill see what I can do in the future about that. I don't know the exact coding for blackberry trackballs since I'm programmin this game to be multi portable. But if its easy to implement, Ill be sure add it in. I will still be tweaking things as I go on, and hopefully eliminate the hourglass problem. Can you elaborate a little bit more on the game not closing? Thanks for your input.

JS as I said above Ill put in an option at runtime to allow you to turn sound off or on. And please tell me if you encounter anymore problems. Ill definately keep workin on it and thanks for the input.

Andrew. The following is directly off my work in progress page.

Game: Maximum Voltage Street Racing Mobile

Current Development: On Schedule.

Developer: Brandon Swift (Pure Voltage Games)

Estimated Percent Done: 73%

Estimated Release Date: January 25

Story: You are Brent Freburg, a rebellious teen breaking away from the family business and pursuing his true passion; Racing. Follow his story as he infiltrates a well established underground street racing firm, Owned and Run by Brandon Swift and his family. As you win, your popularity goes up. Unfortunately so do your complications. Do you have what it takes to accomplish what no one has ever done? Find out in Maximum Voltage Street Racing: Mobile!

Description: The prime component of this game would definately have to be its gameplay. You can build your own car and see its Pros and cons. (This will come in the Demo) The Story mode (Comming in Demo) is an extended version of Maximum Voltage Street Racing for PC. You can find that at the bottom of the Creations Page at BSCreations! - brandon.berryreview.com . There also will be a season mode (Comes in Demo) when you control the story of Brent Freburg. In the tournament mode, you'll set up different racers and compete in 8 v 8, 4 v 4, and 2v2 tournaments. (Demo)

Modes: Guaranteed Modes of play will be Story and Exibition (Build and Default). Optional Modes of Play will be Season and Tournament.

But I definately have to fix the bugs first.

Thanks to everyone.
Brandon
Old 01-19-2008, 01:30 AM   #7
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

I would like to thank everyone who gave their input, on this forum and in emails. Imma make sure that when I release the demo, I work out all the kinks and pet peeves. Those include mainly trackball scrolling. Sound. And A less limited demo.

Brandon.
Closed Thread