BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Support for Outlook Web Access 2003??

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone heard any news, rumors, etc, as to when/if Blackberry is going to support Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2003? They currently support all older versions.

Come On, RIM!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Interesting point to note, I have successfully integrated OWA 2003 with my BlackBerry using the BlackBerry Web Client, EVEN THOUGH BlackBerry's website indicates it does not support this version. Thought people might like to know...
Old 03-01-2005, 09:40 AM   #3
slevy7

Default Support for Outlook Web Access 2003??

HOW?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #4
blackberry7750
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250

yes....HOW???? please do share..
Old 03-14-2005, 11:54 AM   #5
guzilla

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Smile Method we Used

We enable the Outlook Mobile Access and have had no problems. Only thing it did not enable was the ability to get to Public folders but a slick tool from http://www.leederbyshire.com/Info.asp let us also enable public folder access. We are using a trial of the product right now and it is ver nice. Overall Outlook Mobile Access through the berry has been awesome.

Hope this helps,

Dennis
Old 03-20-2005, 10:11 PM   #6
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzilla
We enable the Outlook Mobile Access and have had no problems. Only thing it did not enable was the ability to get to Public folders but a slick tool from http://www.leederbyshire.com/Info.asp let us also enable public folder access. We are using a trial of the product right now and it is ver nice. Overall Outlook Mobile Access through the berry has been awesome.

Hope this helps,

Dennis
Don't you need a client on the BlackBerry for Outlook Mobile Access?

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 03-26-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
TreoMan

If you need Outlook the best thing to do is to use a Palm Treo 650 and get a Goodlink License.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #8
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

This is near-duplicate message (repost) of TreoMan's other post -- I have closed the other one. Please do not post duplicates on BlackBerryForums. Thanks.

It is against the rules to crosspost duplicates - and your last few messages seem like you are advertising Goodlink (you even posted phone number info for Goodlink) Discussion and debate is welcome as long as RIM is, but your last 6 messages seem suspiciously "advertising-like" and is out of context. (This message is okay, in the Rumor Mill -- but your message with the phone number is considered advertising.)

TreoMan's Last Few Message
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 03-28-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
chuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Cool

Go, Mark, Go!
Old 03-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #10
mpalis

Model: Pearl
Carrier: AT&T

The Treo650 has Versamail which also supports active synch - will synch inbox, calendar, and contacts of the air - hooks are native to exchange 2003. I have also heard that Microsoft in their normal fashion is getting some wears together to give RIM and Good a run for their money..is active synch the newborn to grow into this product..who knows - but it works great considering it's included with Exchange 2003.
www.ttlc.net
Old 04-11-2005, 10:57 PM   #11
TRILIGHT
Thumbs Must Hurt

I *LOVE* Exchange. I *HATE* ActiveSync and PocketPC. They're both crap.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:47 AM   #12
WolfKeeper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalis
The Treo650 has Versamail which also supports active synch - will synch inbox, calendar, and contacts of the air.
Are you sure it does contacts as well? The information I read on Palm's Treo site listed only inbox and calendar.

ActiveSync when it works is nice, but the Windows Mobile OS is about as stable as Windows 95 -- it has a long way to go.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:29 AM   #13
Good_Guy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfKeeper
Are you sure it does contacts as well? The information I read on Palm's Treo site listed only inbox and calendar.

ActiveSync when it works is nice, but the Windows Mobile OS is about as stable as Windows 95 -- it has a long way to go.
Correct. Versamail does not sync contacts.

However, you do not have to run Windows Mobile to run ActiveSync, but the current iteration of ActiveSync is very, very weak as it relates to feature and functionality.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #14
rhwd2003
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Through the webclient for Cingular and T-Mobile I have my new account setup to go to OWA and download my Exchange email with no 3rd party application needed. It downloads instantly so its really good that I get all of my exhcange email which is awesome.

I have noticed that if you have sub-folders and on your desktop pc if you have automatic rules that puts emails in those folders it wont grab those, it only grabs the new email out of the "Inbox" check this out for yourself it was easy to setup like 30 seconds and i have seti it up on 10 blackberry's at work works perfect.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:31 AM   #15
rta53
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
Interesting point to note, I have successfully integrated OWA 2003 with my BlackBerry using the BlackBerry Web Client, EVEN THOUGH BlackBerry's website indicates it does not support this version. Thought people might like to know...
What about some insight as to how you did this.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:52 PM   #16
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

To be honest, I set it up through the bb web client just as if it was OWA 2002 and it works perfectly.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #17
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I am running outlook 2003 I havent had any issues at all. I was running 2003 on 3.7 version as well
Old 04-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #18
rjdennison

Model: 8120
Carrier: Rogers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhwd2003
Through the webclient for Cingular and T-Mobile I have my new account setup to go to OWA and download my Exchange email with no 3rd party application needed. It downloads instantly so its really good that I get all of my exhcange email which is awesome.

I have noticed that if you have sub-folders and on your desktop pc if you have automatic rules that puts emails in those folders it wont grab those, it only grabs the new email out of the "Inbox" check this out for yourself it was easy to setup like 30 seconds and i have seti it up on 10 blackberry's at work works perfect.
Guys - this is what the web client does - uses POP3 to get mail from any POP3 enabled account. Your exchange server is obviously POP3 enabled. There shouldn't be a problem w/ OWA 2003 as long as your exchange server is POP3 enabled (and the firewall in front of your Exch server allows TCP on port 110).

This will only get your mail though, not contacts and calendar, right? If anybody has a method to sync w/ OWA and wirelessly manage contacts and calendar, please disclose!

R.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:41 AM   #19
ngeller

This may be a silly question, but what do you need it to work with web outlook for? Is it that there is no BES being used?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:40 PM   #20
Sighless

Model: 7290

just some info i work for a carrier in technical support and my bwc has my webaccess integrated jsut need some changes made with the admintool which the carrier wont do ... but im telling you it works right now they just dunno if they want eveyone to know this
Closed Thread