BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #21
skysoft_support
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default inForm 2.0 - March Madness Sale - 50% off! (see message for secret code)

Please Login to Remove!

Hello users,

Our 2.0 promotional sale for the launch of inForm 2.0 for the BlackBerry ends at the end of March.

However, before it does, we're offering an additional 50% off our product when you purchase inForm through our online store using Promotion Code:

bbforumsinform

At the end of march inForm shall retail for $59.95 per device. Right now, however, you can purchase it for only $25!!

This offer is good only until Friday March 31st
http://www.skysoftsystems.com
Old 03-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #22
AL904
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I downloaded and installed the trial version of inForm. My plan was to import several databases that I like to carry on my Blackberry. Those databases are currently in Illium Listpro and HandDbase formats. Both of those programs have the ability to export to .csv format files. I thought I could import those files into inForm.

However, I cannot find an import utility in the desktop program. I checked the Support site at skysoftwystems.com, but couldn't find any reference to an import utility.

Is there a utility to import those databases into inForm? How do I get a copy?

TIA

Old 03-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #23
skysoft_support

Model: curve
Carrier: rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL904 View Post
I downloaded and installed the trial version of inForm. My plan was to import several databases that I like to carry on my Blackberry. Those databases are currently in Illium Listpro and HandDbase formats. Both of those programs have the ability to export to .csv format files. I thought I could import those files into inForm.

However, I cannot find an import utility in the desktop program. I checked the Support site at skysoftwystems.com, but couldn't find any reference to an import utility.

Is there a utility to import those databases into inForm? How do I get a copy?

TIA
Hello,

To import a CSV to your device, you want to use the '4 - Send & Recieve Data' Tab, using Option 1 - USB. This is the utility that you can use to load data to/from the device using USB. Full details on how to use this are included in the user manual. Please take a look and let us know if this answers your questions. If not, please feel free to contact us directly at [email address]

Sincerely,
http://www.skysoftsystems.com
Old 03-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #24
AL904

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysoft_support View Post
Hello,

To import a CSV to your device, you want to use the '4 - Send & Recieve Data' Tab, using Option 1 - USB. This is the utility that you can use to load data to/from the device using USB. Full details on how to use this are included in the user manual. Please take a look and let us know if this answers your questions. If not, please feel free to contact us directly at [email address]

Sincerely,
Thanks for the quick response!

I think I must have misunderstood the description of inForm. After further reading of the manual, it looks like I would have to maintain those databases with some other application. inForm creates the forms to display and manipulate those databases on the Blackberry. However, inForm does not allow one to maintain those databases on the PC.

Am I correct?

What I really wanted was a program that would allow me to import those databases in .csv form one time. Then, once a database was imported, maintain it on the PC or Blackberry, and synch from PC to Blackberry (or both ways.)

Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #25
nimocone

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I just purchased and d-loaded the product and I have a couple questions. On your forum it appears you refer to the program as mform. I'm assuming it's the same product? Also, even tho I exit the program by selecting "exit", it still appears on my ribbon. Is there a way to completely exit out so it's not taking up memory? Thanks!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #26
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Because of the data sharing capability and ability to sync wirelessly, it has to stay resident.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #27
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL904 View Post
Thanks for the quick response!

I think I must have misunderstood the description of inForm. After further reading of the manual, it looks like I would have to maintain those databases with some other application. inForm creates the forms to display and manipulate those databases on the Blackberry. However, inForm does not allow one to maintain those databases on the PC.

Am I correct?

What I really wanted was a program that would allow me to import those databases in .csv form one time. Then, once a database was imported, maintain it on the PC or Blackberry, and synch from PC to Blackberry (or both ways.)
Loading data on the BB is reasonably straightforward -- send it to the device and it is imported. The management on the PC is a bit more convoluted as you point out, where you have to export to csv or update imports from csv. I have written some SAS jobs to facilitate the process, but there is not a standard PC program (like HandBase) for data management.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #28
nimocone

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I've created a simple file and tried to send it to my Bold via USB and get this error message- XML parse error: Expecting ';'. What did I do wrong?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #29
imwjl

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Is this still not Storm compatible?

I'm trying the demo version and I cannot get what appears should be a pop up menu to work, not get the "enter hours" button or menu to work.

The other samples that look like they have a pop up menu don't respond either.

Thank you for any help.

WJL
Old 03-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #30
funaki

Model: 9700
PIN: 2161931A
Carrier: Batelco

what is your policy on updates?? when inform 3 comes out do we have to buy it again or inform 2 users get free upgrade??
Old 03-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #31
wu-wei

PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I just noticed on your forums that version 3.0 will offer password protected forms - this is critical for me as I deal with privileged information.

I'm likely to buy 2.0 and tinker with non-sensitive data for a while until 3.0 hits the streets - which makes the immediately previous post regarding upgrade policy more relevant for me.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #32
funaki

PIN: 2161931A
Carrier: Batelco

To all who have questions regarding updates. I sent them an email and got this reply.

Quote:
We will upgrade your device for free (you can change blackberries).

2.0 is a one-time cost and you can use it perpetually.

3.0 is changing to a subscription model of $7.95 per month, or $59.95/year
if purchased for the year. This will include all software upgrades and free
device switches. Now, here is the good news. We're offering the first
full year free for existing 2.0 customers that decide to make the upgrade.

Thank you,
Old 04-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #33
JEEPers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 22C60153
Carrier: AT&T

I am having some problems installing the PC forms creator. It involves an issue installing the 3.5 .Net Framework. Any ideas?
Closed Thread