Attila The Hun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T,Orang

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
I'm in a similar position, except I'm with T-mobile. I'd like something with a bigger screen, but there's no indication that T-mobile will get anything like that anytime soon. It's the main temptation to go to Android.

Ubizmo
I find out that in my area the 9700 drop calls like the iphone.
moved back to the 9000 much better.
I will wait for the 9800 to see how it act.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #22
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

There are supposed to be 4 new touch screen devices coming when RIM is ready to release them.

drool on this link
6 New BlackBerry Devices Before The End of 2010? | BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #23
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Interesting article which may discourage future 9700 purchases.

Exclusive: BlackBerry OS6 Not Coming To The 9700 As Well? | GizmoFusion

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #24
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers

9800 if you can "deal" with a slider. Advantage is a screen that's almost double in height.

RIM will make some announcements today, so if you haven't purchased wait to see what they announce.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #25
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

BlackBerry 6 is coming for 9700.

BlackBerry 6 to be available for Bold 9700 and 9650, Pearl 3G « Boy Genius Report

confirmed here
http://blogs.blackberry.com/2010/08/blackberry-torch/
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.

Last edited by knottyrope; 08-03-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #26
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I know its coming for the 9700 but the slider looks very interesting. Its hard not to resist.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #27
ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

I was interested in the slider/Torch since it was first rumored. I like a physical keyboard and I want a bigger screen. Those two design goals can only be realized with some kind of slider or swivel. I've been with T-mobile since 2003 and I have about 10 months on my current contract. I imagine an unlocked Torch will go for $500 at least. That's more than I really want to spend, but if I go to ATT it'll cost me a $200 penalty plus $200 for the phone. So the Samsung Vibrant Android phone looks tempting, but I'm not really in a hurry to leave BB. Plus, the screen on that Samsung looks like a battery killer.

I suppose I could give up on the bigger screen and get a 9700 and run BB6 on it and see if that makes my day.

Ubizmo
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #28
junglebungle

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange

I've personally just got a 9700, and i absolutely love it! i never liked Blackberrys before, not that i ever tried one of them out, i just thought meh,

I've had other phones in the past, iphone, Samsung I8910HD (Symbian) Nokia N95 etc, imo none of those phones even compare to this 9700, it does everything i want it to and more.

BB messenger is... well what can i say.. fantastic.

Never tried an Android phone yet though.

One thing i want on my bb is a NZB usenet client, then it would be perfect.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #29
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
I'm in a similar position, except I'm with T-mobile. I'd like something with a bigger screen, but there's no indication that T-mobile will get anything like that anytime soon. It's the main temptation to go to Android.

Ubizmo
If you want a bigger screen I'd suggest an iPad. If you want a bigger screen that you can put into your hip pocket, try the iPod touch. They're both portable, the iPad runs on 3G for less than $25 a month, you get all the fun apps made for Apple, plus everything in an iPhone except for the camera and phone, and of course the line charge of an Android or other device.

If you want to work, stay in touch, or get informed, I run with the 9700 as my primary device to do all my important stuff -- securely.

BTW, I too will be highly peeved if WebKit and OS6 are not delivered for my Bold soon, now that it will be taken to market next week with the Torch. I hope RIM or ATT don't hold out in the hopes that they can nudge Bold owners to jump to the Torch -- especially when the Bold came out barely 8 months ago.

Last edited by guinda35; 08-08-2010 at 12:55 PM..
Old 08-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #30
ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinda35 View Post
If you want a bigger screen I'd suggest an iPad. If you want a bigger screen that you can put into your hip pocket, try the iPod touch. They're both portable, the iPad runs on 3G for less than $25 a month, you get all the fun apps made for Apple, plus everything in an iPhone except for the camera and phone, and of course the line charge of an Android or other device.

If you want to work, stay in touch, or get informed, I run with the 9700 as my primary device to do all my important stuff -- securely.
I thought it was clear, in context, that I'd like a bigger screen on my phone. I'm aware that there are other devices with bigger screens. Moreover, there's an implication here that wanting a bigger screen is somehow not linked to work, staying in touch, or getting informed.

So let me try to clarify matters. I have a BB 8900. I use it for a lot of things, including email, writing extensive notes while away from the office, web browsing various forums, and so on. I also use the Kindle app fairly regularly. I'd have a better experience doing all these things if the screen were somewhat larger. I don't need a huge screen. But all things considered, I'd appreciate a bigger screen. The screen on my 8900 is the same size and resolution as the one on the 9700.

I use Upvise for writing out various drafts of things, so that I can later retrieve them from cloud and edit and format on a PC. It works fine, but again, the experience would be better with a bigger screen. The same point goes for the Kindle app.

At the moment, the only BBs with a larger screen are the Storm and Torch, neither of which is available on T-mobile. So I have to weigh several things. Is it worth it to me to pay a $200 cancellation fee to get a Torch on ATT? If not, is it worth it to me to abandon BB altogether and move to an Android device (with bigger screen) on T-Mobile (both Upvise and Kindle are available on Android, as well as most of the other apps that I use)?

I don't use BBM (don't know anyone else who uses it), so that's not a consideration at this time.

I haven't worked out the answers to these questions yet, but I'm sure that an iPad or iPod is not the solution.

Ubizmo
Closed Thread