BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 11:40 AM   #61
vinniet
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 7230 with T-Mobile and just got it. I want to use Webmessager but do not have a BES server. Will this new version give me the capability either with the new version or combined with new web client??

Also anyone hear any more news on when RIM is going to release it and when T-Mobile will install it.

Thanks,

Vinnie
Old 09-30-2004, 11:42 AM   #62
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

Not without carrier upgraded BWC... which probably won't happen for a while.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:26 PM   #63
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just installed the 4.0 on a T-Mobile 7230 that a coworker has, question is how do you set it to ask to delete the message on the Exchange side when you delete a message if everytime you try to goto that menu function it has an error?
Old 09-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #64
cold13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

I am waiting on a call from my tmo rep for info on a release date. He "said" he could find out. we'll see.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:49 AM   #65
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

I talked to TMO about this last week. They said they're still working the kinks out of 3.7. I think it'll be a while before TMO users see any benefits from this.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:11 AM   #66
iRoninTMO
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I don't know where you got that information from, current BWC is fine with T-Mobile. The problem is that half the time the retail reps (I'm one) don't know wtf they are talking about. And if you progress higher up in the retail channel they seem to know less and less about anything other than sales. Also the tech and engineering and IT departments are diffcult to get ahold of and even more diffcult to get a straight answer out of. I rue the day I tried to find out if we had the Jabber IM port open on the companies servers. Anyways, from what I hear even 4.0 isn't ready for prime time. It's also my impression that the BWC isn't on the same numbering scheme as the BB handheld OS and the BES. I think the BWC is looking at going 1.9, which is not going to ship until Q1 2005, best case scenario. T-Mobile is probably going to upgrade to these as soon as it's available.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:17 AM   #67
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

This is the wireless pda techs I BS with when I call to activate devices here at work. I'll have upwards of 10 in a sitting to get ota loads and all that on, so while I'm waiting for them to get their numbers I'll talk with the tech about new software and all that. Those are the guys that tell me they're still trying to tweak the current version.
Closed Thread