BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #281
sprke81

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cellular One

Please Login to Remove!

I have it all like you say. I have played with the cell site location timeout also. I have tried all the way up to 50. The last while has been on 20. Thanks for your time and effort so far. I really hope I can get it working.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #282
fumandor

Model: 8320
Carrier: Cable and Wireless

Just donwloaded the software using the OTA link and it works great. I installed it on a Bold. As a suggestion, if this software could record all the data it recieves (cell id, RSSI etc) as well as time and position into one log file it would rival comercial software used by Ericsson and Nokia. There is enough memory on the memory card where this log file could be saved to. I work in telecom and the ability to view this log file would help in troubleshooting coverage gaps as well as handover failures from one cell site sector to another.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #283
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumandor View Post
Just donwloaded the software using the OTA link and it works great. I installed it on a Bold. As a suggestion, if this software could record all the data it recieves (cell id, RSSI etc) as well as time and position into one log file it would rival comercial software used by Ericsson and Nokia. There is enough memory on the memory card where this log file could be saved to. I work in telecom and the ability to view this log file would help in troubleshooting coverage gaps as well as handover failures from one cell site sector to another.
Excellent idea. I'll add the capability in the next release.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #284
CCK01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve

What need to change on the customer setting when using oTA?

Just download it... AT&T service, but didn't see anything on locaton, site,......

Last edited by CCK01; 02-21-2009 at 05:23 PM..
Old 03-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #285
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Default SignalLoc v 1.0 - Build 1.0.1134 - Released March 1 2009

SignalLoc v 1.0 - Build 1.0.1134 - Released March 1 2009
**Added**
0000007: Create continuous logging capability
0000008: Create capability to force sign on lat,lon,alt
Old 03-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #286
CarlGalgano
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyJ View Post
SignalLoc v 1.0 - Build 1.0.1134 - Released March 1 2009
**Added**
0000007: Create continuous logging capability
0000008: Create capability to force sign on lat,lon,alt
RemyJ, can you explain how the continuous logging works?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #287
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlGalgano View Post
RemyJ, can you explain how the continuous logging works?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumandor View Post
When enabled, it writes out information to a csv file each time the location updates. I.E. lat,lon,alt,cell site, signal, etc.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #288
sprke81

Still haven't got the tower location working yet on gsm. I have it on my Alltel blackberry and it works great. I noticed in a previous post that the tower location don't work on verizon. I changed the nam programming so it would use vzw towers and found that it did work on verizons network. So is it vzw software on their blackberries or what makes it not work for vzw customers?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #289
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
Still haven't got the tower location working yet on gsm. I have it on my Alltel blackberry and it works great. I noticed in a previous post that the tower location don't work on verizon. I changed the nam programming so it would use vzw towers and found that it did work on verizons network. So is it vzw software on their blackberries or what makes it not work for vzw customers?
It's the vendor ID burned into the blackberry that prevents the GPS from working. If you roam on Verizon's network using another carrier's device, you'll get cell tower location.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #290
fmcgirt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

The tower location worked fine on my 8900 with TMO USA with the first version that you posted but since I upgraded to your latest 1134 build I have not been able to get the tower location. Would the first version still be available? I would like to give it a try again if possible. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #291
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmcgirt View Post
The tower location worked fine on my 8900 with TMO USA with the first version that you posted but since I upgraded to your latest 1134 build I have not been able to get the tower location. Would the first version still be available? I would like to give it a try again if possible. Thanks.
Before you go back, make sure that the timeout is set to something reasonable. In Options->Advanced->Cell site loc timeout, make sure it's set to at least 10.

If you want to go back, the sourceforge site has archived versions.
SourceForge.net: F5 BlackBerry Utils: Files
Old 03-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #292
fmcgirt

Carrier: T-Mobile

I went back to build 1116 last night and set the loc timeout to 10 and still no luck. Tried it again this morning and all worked fine. Really strange. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #293
Ahmad Abbadi

Model: 8310
Carrier: Etisalat

Hello,

Thanks for the great application and great features, could you please let me know which applications you have used to develope this application?

Many Thanks

Ahmad
Old 03-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #294
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Abbadi View Post
Hello,

Thanks for the great application and great features, could you please let me know which applications you have used to develope this application?

Many Thanks

Ahmad
I use Eclipse and the BlackBerry Java Development Environment.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #295
Ahmad Abbadi

Model: 8310
Carrier: Etisalat

Thanks Remy
Old 03-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #296
sprke81

Does the tower location with gsm need an apn to work? My carrier does not have an apn for there blackberry phones? I have not had any luck yet getting tower location info to work yet on Cellular One gsm network. Works perfect on Alltels.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #297
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

If other apps have network connectivity, then signalloc should also. I'm not sure what else to tell you.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #298
nickdoo

Carrier: AT&T

RemyJ, first thanks very much for this application, I've been searching for something like this for BB for a while and google never pointed me to this!!
I downloaded the file (.1134) When I go to options and make any changes and attempt to exit I select "save" for my changes but it never goes back to the main screen, it stays in the options menu.
When I launch the program I do get network information on the mainscreen at the top I can decipher the ID/ch to find the cell and sector, 3rd set of numbers on that line up? when I start moving I get location,altitude,speed,heading. The cell Site field stays blank, is this supposed to populate with the cell site number?
I'm using a blackberry bold on the at&t network, if this helps any.

Thanks again...
Old 03-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #299
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Just press the escape/back key to get out of options. If you've made a change, you'll get prompted to save and you'll be taken back to the main screen.

In options, make sure that "Enable cell site location" and "Use Google for GSM Cell location" are both set to "yes". That'll enable you to see the cell site lat/lon and if you also have a good GPS fix, you'll see the distance and heading to the tower from your current location.

Look at the Network Details screen to see the details of the ID/CH line on the main screen
Old 03-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #300
nickdoo

Carrier: AT&T

RemyJ,
I think I didnt clearly explain the issue I'm having. I can go to options and I have selected the changes, when I select escape the window pops up to save the settings I made but does not leave the options menu. Every time I try to exit the window keeps poping up and I end up selecting discard to leave the options menu.

After discarding changes I can go back into options and a few but not all changes I made were kept.
Enable cell site location: yes
Use google for gsm cell location: yes
export format changed to csv: yes
cell site loc timeout changed to 10: no did not take the change
enable continous logging changed to yes: no did not take the change
selecting log file location I pointed this to my sd card 16GB, and named a file. the change did not save
auto start continous logging changed to yes: no did not take the change

Even with the cell location and using google the field at the bottom of the screen "cell site" the field remains blank. I have information in all the other fields: current, location, altitude, speed, and heading.

let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Closed Thread