BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #41
vinniet
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

I am trying out the program and I have problems with the maps.

I live in NJ and commute to NYC. Why are there not any bridge and tunnel crossing cameras?? Where is the one that point to the George Washington Bridge, Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel, etc.

In NJ where is the NJ Parkway and NJ Turnpike? They are only the most traveled roads in NJ.

Book marking would be nice. With some areas having tons of highways and with that tons of maps, it makes it very hard to find something. I see the history menu choice but still bookmark cameras is very much needed.

Auto zoom the maps would be another nice item.

I would like to use this in my car while I am stuck in traffic (not while driving) to see how bad it is up ahead.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #42
rclewen

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

When I try the download from my 7100t I get en error that says the the resource cannot be b opened. I;m on Tmobile with BES and 4.0 software. Any suggestions?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #43
jimfraser

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers
Smile

As a fully paid ($4.00) owner of TrafficEdge I treated it as a novelty and not particularly useful as it would only get the picture one in ten tries. Even upgrading to 1.3 made no difference. However, while I was on version 4 of the handheld software our BES was on 3.7 or 3.8. Late last week my company went on BES 4 and Traffic Edge has worked every time since.
I now have to deal with Handango as to why it now reports that I have a trial which expires in early June!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:04 PM   #44
maqsoftware
Knows Where the Search Button Is

We have now added Dallas, Texas traffic cameras.
To view Dallas traffic cams, start TrafficEdge, Select Settings, Chose Cities and Subscribe to Dallas.
Enjoy!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:03 PM   #45
jimfraser

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

I have paid version 1.2.3. The current version is 1.3 . What is the deference between 1.2.3 and 1.3?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:11 AM   #46
TMG

Model: 8830
Carrier: TELUS

This software does not work at all. "Operation cannot be performed."

Uninstalled.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:27 AM   #47
adrocknaphobia

Model: 7100T

[QUOTE=maqsoftware]We are not able to add many DC/MD/NoVa cameras because either they are videocams (too slow for cell connections) or DOT keeps changing the location of cameras.QUOTE]

Great. So why do you even bother listing the Washington DC and Maryland?!?! I know its only 5 lousy bucks, this this app is completely worthless to me.

Can someone here explain to me, why we dont just visit a PDA-designed website with traffic cameras?

-Adrock
Old 05-27-2005, 02:46 PM   #48
JDeane

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Every time I load up Traffic Edge now, it locks up my entire BlackBerry and I have to do a restart. :(

And please, if you can, add the cameras for Richmond, Virginia. Some of us do commute between Richmond and Washington.

Last edited by JDeane; 05-27-2005 at 02:48 PM..
Old 06-01-2005, 01:01 AM   #49
maqsoftware

TrafficEdge Personal Edition (Verizon 7250) is available now at Handango.com. This version is for Verizon users that do not use BES server.

There is a full featured 14 day Trial Edition at handango.com http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...t%5B2%5D_title

Sorry for the delay in coming up with Verizon Personal Edition.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2005, 09:21 PM   #50
jarcher2828

Model: 7100t

it would be better if I could get More of the Los Angeles Area in the Traffic Map (IE all of LA county would be so great)
Lots of potential
would be even better if we could view a Traffic report for an area that could tell you what is wrong instead of just a yellow triangle with a "!" inside. that way could tell the difference between a stalled car and debris in the road.

other than that looks great I am considering getting it, would be a definate if they had all of LA county.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #51
maqsoftware

Arrow Update on TrafficEdge for Nextel 7520 and Verizon 7250 Available

Earlier this week, we successfully tested TrafficEdge (BES version) for Nextel 7520 phone. So, Nextel subscibers should be able to use TrafficEdge successfully.

At this point, we cover most of the major platforms.

For Nextel (7520 and 7510 with RIM OS 4.0) - Use TrafficEdge Corporate Edition (BES version)

For Verizon (7250 with RIM OS 4.0) - Use new TrafficEdge Verizon version

For Cingular/ATT/T-Mobile Phones with RIM OS 4.0 - Use TrafficEdge Personal Edition (WAP version)

We have added additional cameras in many areas including 99 cameras in Washington DC and Montgomery County. To view these recently added cameras, you may need to refresh your build on your Blackberry since there were some code changes. This is a very minor update to take care of Washington DC issue. So, if you are not in Washington DC, do not bother upgrading the build. If you upgrade, your earlier Handango.com registration key will work on the same Blackberry device.

You can download 14 day full featured TrafficEdge from Handango.com.

We have also released TrafficEdge for Treo 650 and 600 which works really well because of the nice screen and fast processor.

Thanks you all again for yopur support and encouragement. We are working hard to continue to add traffic cameras. We now have over 2,000 cameras.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:09 PM   #52
bobdavisnpf

Model: 7100g

Will TrafficEdge work on a Cingular 7100g with an ATTWS 32KB sim card?
My company has "Cingular Blue" (aka ATTWS semi-converted to Cingular) service and BES. We have a policy that all add-ons and mods are the responsibility of the individual user. Does my IT staff have to do or administer anything if I personally get this for my BB?
thx

Last edited by bobdavisnpf; 06-12-2005 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: add detail
Old 06-14-2005, 11:17 PM   #53
maqsoftware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdavisnpf
Will TrafficEdge work on a Cingular 7100g with an ATTWS 32KB sim card?
My company has "Cingular Blue" (aka ATTWS semi-converted to Cingular) service and BES. We have a policy that all add-ons and mods are the responsibility of the individual user. Does my IT staff have to do or administer anything if I personally get this for my BB?
thx
TrafficEdge Corporate Edition (BES version) should work with Cingular 7100G. Please download a free 14 day trial edition by pointing your Blackberry browser to http://traffic.edgeq.com and select TrafficEdge Corporate Edition (BES version). Once the application works, you can purchase a registration key from Handango.com.

Your IT department should not have to change any settings or do anything.

Thank you and enjoy!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:54 AM   #54
dlan

Carrier: AT&T

any chance of getting this to work with the 7750 on Verizon with corporate BES?
Old 06-15-2005, 08:51 PM   #55
dlan

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlan
any chance of getting this to work with the 7750 on Verizon with corporate BES?

Guess I should try before I ask... It's working just fine with my 7750 on Verizon... it’s a little slow but it works.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:03 PM   #56
bobdavisnpf

Works fine on the 7100g. Loaded TrafficEdge BES per advice above.

Narrow horizontal bars at top & bottom don't have much use but don't take away too much of the screen real estate. I was worried it might just format for the wide screens and bar out the rest; this is a bit closer to the orientation of my old SMT5600. It would be nice, though, if those bars would drop away after a few seconds to give a taller view.

On startup, the program goes to my preferred screen (Puget Sound traffic map: I don't have much use for camera images) but starts at the top left instead of my last-panned area. On refresh, it keeps my last-panned area: I like that.

It would be nice to have an LA-area traffic map that covered east of downtown.
Denver maps are nice.
Washington DC has lots of cameras but doesn't have a map.

Startup, shutdown and a few operations seem to take a few seconds.

Overall this is a great program so far, I like it a lot. Thank you to maqsoftware and EdgeQ for producing this!

Cheers,
Bob
Old 06-25-2005, 07:26 AM   #57
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

for another option: http://www.terratial.com/products/li...ffic/index.htm
Old 06-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #58
phone_caller
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

I have tried everything. Version 1.3.1 does not work on my Cingular Blackberry 7290 (version 4.0, BIS). Version 1.2.1 worked perfectly.

Now, with version 1.3.1 all I get is the following message where the image should be, "No image available for selected camera." Then, I get a pop-up window that has the message, "Selected image could not be found. Please try again later."

Is there anyone that could send me version 1.2.1 to reinstall?

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #59
WildGrave

Getting the same problem when trying to use TrafficEdge on my new 7100g. When I try and refresh, I get the following error:
"List of states could not be obtained. Please check your network settings and try again later."

So far EdgeQ customer support hasn't been able to help but they thought that my Internet connectivity was the problem. So far, I'm able to traverse quite a few web sites without much problem. Is there another WAP setting that I should use?

BTW, I'm using TrafficEdge 1.3.1 (WAP version)

I'm a BB noob and I read some of Mark's posts so far and starting to learn as much as I can.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:06 AM   #60
biellos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

i downloaded the Corporate edition and I am having the same errors as everyone else, with only about 1 in 5 or 6 pictures loading. Is the only difference between WAP and Corporate that Corp. should be used when on BES? Or is anyone having more success with the WAP version?
Closed Thread