Old 01-24-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
gudge

Model: 8100
Carrier: t mobile
Default Wayfinder 6 - Terms of Use

Please Login to Remove!

F.Y.I Please read

Wayfinder's "lifetime" Statement use to say:-

Wayfinder states the following:- \"Lifetime refers to the lifetime of the phone. This means that you can use Wayfinder for an unlimited time with the same phone on which you initially installed Wayfinder. If you change phones, you will need to buy a new Wayfinder Navigator™ package. Note that with the Lifetime service you will use the same software version during the lifetime of the phone, you cannot upgrade to later versions of the software that Wayfinder usually launches twice a year.\"

However this has now been changed to (as of today)

"Lifetime means that you can use Wayfinder for an unlimited time on any Wayfinder compatible phone you like. If you change phone you can easily install and activate the software on your new phone. Be aware of that you will use the same software version with lifetime, if you want to upgrade to a newer version that is launched by Wayfinder you will have to pay an additional fee for the version upgrade. However your version of Wayfinder Navigator will continue to run for life."

I noticed this change following some discussions with various parties. So now you should be able to transfer the product to another device should you need to. I hope it helps.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
jerryman1963

Model: 7100T
Carrier: T-Mobile

I saw that you can download a free trial @ Wayfinder.com. But I couldn't find on the site what the length of the free-trial was.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryman1963
I saw that you can download a free trial @ Wayfinder.com. But I couldn't find on the site what the length of the free-trial was.
From memory it's not very long I am going to say to you 5-7 days if that much. You will know it's over when you will not be able to update certain key parameters when setting destinations. Its a bit weird that way. Maybe Stinsondog can add to this.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Sorry can't remember it either. Have unloaded it in anticipation of the upgrade to the 8800.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
Crash Test
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron.pepper@sympatico.ca
From memory it's not very long I am going to say to you 5-7 days if that much. You will know it's over when you will not be able to update certain key parameters when setting destinations. Its a bit weird that way. Maybe Stinsondog can add to this.
This is correct information.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
jerryman1963

Model: 7100T
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the info. I'm testing MapQuest Navigator right now on a 7100i. Love it. After the trial period for it is up, I'll try Wayfinder Navigator on my 8700g.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
tmuehleisen

Model: 8800

I'm having trouble getting the activation code after sending the SMS text message (per the instructions). it's probably a PEBKAC issue, but any help is appreciated...
-t
Old 03-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #8
DREWWW

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmuehleisen
I'm having trouble getting the activation code after sending the SMS text message (per the instructions). it's probably a PEBKAC issue, but any help is appreciated...
-t
I'm having the same trouble, SMSing internationally

Edit: I was able to get it by putting a "+" in front of the number! Sweet!!!!

Last edited by DREWWW; 03-13-2007 at 07:36 PM..
Old 03-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #9
DREWWW

OK question for any of you using or have tried this software. I downloaded and tried the trial version I got last night. As it was tracking me along the root the arrow which represented my car wouldn't say on the road (i.e. the road was at a 45 degree angle, the first refresh would show my car going 90 degrees off the road then then it would refresh again back on the road farther down and do the same thing over again. Has this happened to anyone? Any tips to help fix this? Thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREWWW
OK question for any of you using or have tried this software. I downloaded and tried the trial version I got last night. As it was tracking me along the root the arrow which represented my car wouldn't say on the road (i.e. the road was at a 45 degree angle, the first refresh would show my car going 90 degrees off the road then then it would refresh again back on the road farther down and do the same thing over again. Has this happened to anyone? Any tips to help fix this? Thanks
How many sats are you connected to? I did not have this issue when I tried it on the 8700. Have not bothered to do so since. One thing, since you are off by that much, you can try is going to option, advanced,GPS and see if you accuracy is close to 5 meters or even under 10. With this much it is most likely that you have close to a 30 meter accuracy. Refresh the connection and see if it gets better. The off is usualy a result of the GPS connection and not the Software

Now to the main question as was said above, they give 2 updates a year, I wonder how much diferent they are? It has been about 5 months since I tried it and back then their POI was not so good, has that gotten better since, have they now adapted it to the address book like tlenav and BB maps do?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #11
DREWWW

OK I figured out what it is...for some reason the screen is not rotating to the way in which I am heading...any suggestions?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #12
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
OK I figured out what it is...for some reason the screen is not rotating to the way in which I am heading...any suggestions?
How about the settings, isn't there one where you can tell it to keep north up?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #13
DREWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf1khal
How about the settings, isn't there one where you can tell it to keep north up?
I can't find this option but if anyone can walk me through it please let me know
Old 03-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #14
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I can't find this option but if anyone can walk me through it please let me know
I dont have the application or the mannual to give you an ansewr but it does a=come with a manual which you can find it in there.