Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Call Cingular Data Services and tell them that your BlackBerry is not provisioned properly. I am out of ideas.. Sorry.

...and for what it's worth, if NJ is out of ideas, there's probably going to be little the rest of us can do...
Old 08-14-2006, 08:37 AM   #22
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

out of curiosity (and i aplogise if i missed reading the posting that you did this in) - but have you signed into the Cingular BIS site and sent yourself service books?

as well - you won't get web client [cmime] unless you have BIS 1.8 - if you have BIS 2.0 (which i'm assuming since you just set your account up) you should get a service book for each of the email addresses you have set up on the BIS site

hope this helps
Old 08-14-2006, 02:06 PM   #23
PokerFox
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

update for those interested:

For some reason when I woke up in the morning, I had a slew of emails that worked correctly AND The messaging service book was now correctly in the service book list. I can send/receive emails no problem now.

Thanks for those that replied, and I promise you that it was EDGE in all caps I don't know why this happened.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #24
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Cingular finally got around to provisioning the account properly! Glad it's working.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #25
BizKitBrAin

Model: 8303
Carrier: ATT

I'm currently having the same problem, I'm also on an 8700c with Cingular, and itxxx8217;s been escalated up to RIM. I'll provide more updates when I get em.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #26
BizKitBrAin

Model: 8303

well mine is up and running now, I wasn't able to get an explination from Cingular or RIM.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #27
kgaughan

Model: 8820

For the Record. RIM has scheduled maintenance for BIS Provisioning Service the last several weekends (July and August). Some were cancelled and/or rescheduled. Most affected appears to BIS Provisioning, off-hours on weekends, but could be related to your problems considering the time of your post - 8/13/06. Actually provisioning maint (for 8/13) was cancelled however a db upgrade affecting the relay service (same dates, 8/13/06), coincides with your post.

Having said this -- anyone got scoop on what RIM is up to ? The BIS maint shouldn't affect BES service, but I must say, in the midst of all these maint notices, we've seen many problems related to service books (post activation, and newly activated devices) -- weeks July 31, August 7, and 14 are most notable.

Thank you.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #28
psyct1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T

i know its a little late but, i was having the identical problem last friday... but i would get the messages forwarded to the BB (8700c by the way, Cingular) but when i would try to download the attachments (background images) it kept saying i didn't have the proper services... what i did was;

1. logged into the BlackBerry Start Page from the MediaNET home page (on the internet browser on the phone), and DELETED my gmail account from that list...
2. then i deleted the service book for my gmail account on the phone
3. then i logged back into the blackberry start page from my computer (http://www.cingular.com/blackberrystart)
4. sent the service books
5. picked up my phone, still no service books so, i went to the Host Routing Table and "registered"
6. shut the phone off, removed battery for 30 seconds to a full minute... replaced battery (phone booted up) turned wireless on again, and BOOM everything was working flawlessly!!!!!!!!! have had no problems since...

removing the battery seems to clear up almost any problem with this phone from what i can see anyway, a typical response to a problem on here is "have you removed the battery and rebooted" i just think thats funny...

maybe that will help someone in the future, i am still new to this whole BB thing, and still don't quite understand the differences between BIS and BES, but i'm searching!!!

Last edited by psyct1; 08-22-2006 at 01:25 PM..
Old 08-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #29
yoda028
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: at&t

well not to sound wrong or anything but you need to setup the account on www.cingular.com/blackberrystart . you then create an account then enter in all of your email addresses it doesnt matter if you have the data $45 or the $30 or even pay per use you can still setup the account by doin this your email will pretty much in a nutshell be forwarded to you bb
Closed Thread