Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Arcangel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: APPLE
Carrier: AT&T white 32G iPhone 3GS
Default Storm Is Awsome!!!

Please Login to Remove!

I have to be honest I have been hearing all this negative crap about the storm and i have played with mine extensively since purchase and have none of the lag issues or freezing at all. the typing is easy especially when you change the settings. I believe some of you people are hard up and need to get a life. if your phone is giving you that many issues you should maybe exchange it!!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: Tmobile

my ps3 and my g1 is awsome...
Old 11-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcangel View Post
I have to be honest I have been hearing all this negative crap about the storm and i have played with mine extensively since purchase and have none of the lag issues or freezing at all. the typing is easy especially when you change the settings. I believe some of you people are hard up and need to get a life. if your phone is giving you that many issues you should maybe exchange it!!
Cool, I'm glad you are liking the device. Stick around and future updates will add to the pleasure.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
I hope the one I get is as good as yours and has none of the issues everyone else is complaining about. ENJOY!
Old 11-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
sokkermick
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530

I had to order my storm on Friday morning, it arrived Saturday morning before 9, and aside from a few delays in porting my number from tmobile, I'm pretty happy with the device. Their is a way to increase the responsiveness of the touchscreen by going into the options > screen/keyboard > (Tap interval = 250, Hover Period = 100, Swipe sensitivity = 5).
However I am going to try and baby this device (unlike my 8700 which shows signs of abuse) over concerns for the clickable screen.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I am glad the OP is having success. Unfortunately, much of the feedback on this site has been less than stellar

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
DrjonesUSA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Glad you like it.

It's a little better than the rock, eh?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...m-has-all.html

How is the browser on it?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
Arcangel

Actually the browser is pretty damn good especially coming from a curve. Not exactly safari mobile yet but def passable. I hear aprils big 5.0 os upgrades browser will kick ass
Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
wildwood22

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Awsome,

I am also enjoying everything on my Storm -- ALTHOUGH myself and my G/F got storms, her's seems to freeze up where as she cant shift it verticle or horizontal- we brought it back to verizon and the tech said just remove the battery and put it back in when this happens, or when it lags so they know about that issue -- BUT im not seeing any of these problems ( WOOT thats what i get for freezin my butt off in 22 degree weather for a 2 hour wait )

One question, has anyone found any good free applications for the storm? all the apps i find dont seem to work
Old 11-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

I got mine yesterday, and I am a heavy user coming from an 8703e (goodbye and good riddance, Sprint). I LOVE the Storm. There are some issues, yes, mostly with the lag in the tilting from portrait to qwerty mode, but I am actually liking SureType.

I have noticed that I am accidentally hitting the mute and/or speaker 'button' as I have the phone to my face, but this isn't too bad.

I can't type as fast as I could before, but SureType is making up for this a little.

Love the camera, love the 8Gb MicroSD that came with the phone. Love the fact that I can listen to SomaFM, so I can cruise and listen to some Internet radio.

The browser is a little goofy. Overall, I like it better than my 8703e BB Browser (OS 4.2), but it takes some getting used to. For instance, typing in a field most of the time requires that you 'zoom' into the page a bit, and click into the field so you have an accurate shot at the inputbox. It would be nice if there was a tab 'button' so you don't have to click into each field to type. Page renders very nicely, and is fast. I had to enable Javascript so I could look at some drop-down menus (like on cars.com).

The screen is absolutely gorgeous, the phone is heavy (but solid).

What would be nice is a Storm with a trackball. That would definitely help with some accuracy issues.

Slightly laggy with the touchscreen and scrolling, but I haven't tried the OS update yet.

I would give this phone an 8 out of 10 - Given the chance again, I would buy this over the iPhone any day.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
mrjerome
Thumbs Must Hurt

This phone is awesome! No issues and no problems!

If the rotation takes an extra 2 seconds so what!?

Some people are born to complain and look for boogers. My Dad used to say, "If you dig for booger you will find them everytime". That goes for any electronic device on the market, there is nothing perfect!

I love the phone, my wife loves hers, I was in the cold waiting from 3:30am and it was worth every second, I would do it all over again 10 times if I had to.

Enjoy the moment, live today, Be thankful and STOP HATING!

Last edited by mrjerome; 11-23-2008 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: SPELLING
Old 11-23-2008, 12:20 PM   #12
Arcangel

AMEN mrjerome AMEN
Old 11-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #13
cfc7763

Wirelessly posted

My storm freezes quite a lot on the camera feature and when skipping through songs with the media player its something I can live with until an OS update. Anybody know when this may be?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #14
Racerdj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mark View Post
Cool, I'm glad you are liking the device. Stick around and future updates will add to the pleasure.
Same thoughts here. I am loving my device also. My wife likes it better than my 8830. Definately some things I am missing but overall great strides.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
davidlleroy

PIN: 301880B6
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I have to admit, navigating the device and typing gets much easier with some practice...
Old 11-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #16
Arcangel

seems to be an OS update monday!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #17
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Did anyone else notice when playing MP3s, the next successive one would reset the volume to the loudest setting? Also, I was trying to see if I could pause and restart, and when I paused, then played, then adjusted the volume, it reset my player back to the beginning of the MP3.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #18
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have to agree the phone becomes easier and easier over time. Today was the first "business" day I had the phone. I received several emails during the day, and made a lot of phone calls. I had no issues at all, and I really am zipping around the phone much faster!

Any more word on the OS upgrade? Did it come out today?
Old 11-25-2008, 02:57 AM   #19
wild satchmo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

In my opinion, if someone is willing to post on here that they are not having any issues at all and that life is grand and the storm makes it even better then they either have not had another perfectly good blackberry which is the standard we are shooting for here and then some, or they are so juiced up from the hype machine they are willing to deal with the obvious flaws. Maybe you just got a really good unit but I can assure you this is not the case for us 'complainers'

Trust me I'm not 'looking for boogers' lol. I want to love this phone its just not making the cut right now.

I am posting a list of my issues in a subsequent thread to hopefully keep track of the progress made by future os updates.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:22 AM   #20
Lwinter829

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I really love my Storm! best phone i've ever had from verizon!

Lindsay
Closed Thread