BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 03-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #61
freddymanr

Default help with BB7520 and nextel

Please Login to Remove!

trying to use verichat,411 and webviewer witout BB plans, help, please
Old 03-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #62
Exel

Default How to confirm static IP has been enabled?

Quote:
Nextel/Telus - iDEN - Works with TCP/IP
They are special because they are iDEN and more native TCP/IP. You need to order the static IP address option. This is done differently from the APN method. You have to call your Nextel/Telus customer service rep and order the static IP address, which is reported to cost about $4 extra per month for Nextel customers.
I called NeXTEL and asked them to enable this option. They claimed they did but I see nothing new under service books. They also did not seem to know what an APN was or whether I needed a user name/password. How can I confirm that the static IP option has been enabled?

Initially, I had Verichat working on my BB 7520. I then installed Blackchat and started having connection problems, which is why I went to enable the Static IP (also getting an error 738 when trying to dial out w/BB as a modem). Anyway, I removed BlackChat and reinstalled Verichat and now THAT is having conneciton problems. I get the PDAapps screen with Verichat under it and the sliding bar and it never negotiates a connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW,

Here's the detail from my modem query:

Hardware ID: mdmgen

Command Response
----------------------------------------
ATQ0V1E0 Success
AT+GMM COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+FCLASS=? 0,2,8
AT#CLS=? (0,2,8)
AT+GCI? COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+GCI=? COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
ATI1 Motorola iDEN plus series
ATI2 RAE.00.00
ATI3 Oct/07/2004 08:18:36
ATI4 Motorola, iDEN
ATI5 Success
ATI6 Success
ATI7 Success

Again, when trying to dial out-
TCP/IP reported error 738: The server did not assign an address

><
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #63
csmyth

Default Help for MSN Messenger setup on UK t-Mobile Blackberries

Has anybody managed to successfully get MSN Messenger going in any form on a UK TMobile Blackberry 7230? I tried installing verichat but got stuck because the local TMobile team wouldnt install the APN wap.voicestream.com which seems to work on US versions.

Any help would be appreciated, if there is another program I should use, that would also be great to know.

cheers

Campbell
Old 03-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #64
Exel

Default 7520 Update

I confirmed I have static IP option w/Nextel Support and all my apps are working a-ok now. Verichat is able to sign on to all IM networks and it is working hunkey-dorey. I questioned CS on the inability to use the 7520 as a modem and was informed that they get many questions about this feature via the BB and unfortunately it is just not capable of doing so right now. Reportedly, it is under review for development on whether this feature will become available on the 7520 in the future. Considering the exorbitant amount of cash that is spent on a monthly plan to have all the features of a BB enabled, it is quite exasperating that a basic feature as "laptop-connect" is not functional on a hand-held that is chock-full-o-nuts and lacking in salt.

Oh, and to re-instate what is already in the main post of this thread:

APN/UID/PSWD - ALL BLANK for NeXTEL

If my carrier doesn't see it in their way to make laptop-connect an available feature, rest assured I'll keep my eyes peeled for any hacks that make this possible. I am always on the go, and the BB is righteous for being just so, but every now and then you need a little more power to doing things while mobile.

On that note, I understand that you can only interface with the BB when it is in sync mode via Desktop Manager - does this eliminate the possibility of sync'ing with a PDA if the DM isn't available for CE devices? Just a thought...

><

><
Old 03-07-2005, 02:25 AM   #65
dozment
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogers
Can someone PLEASE clarify this for me? If I set up all this TCP/IP stuff, is the data usage going to get charged to my GPRS plan (or pay-per-use GPRS), or is that data usage charged to my unlimited Blackberry plan?
I am a Cingular customer, and I have the unlimited Blackberry plan on my account. Since I purchased my 7290 in December, I have never had a data charge outside of the $45 Blackberry unlimited plan charge. In addition to email and the browser that came with the 7290 I use Verichat, an SSH client, and I have played with Reqwireless' browser and mail client. I think it is safe to say that you will not be charged. However, since there seem to be so many ways to set up the account, I would be careful. I did very little data on mine the first month I had it just in case I was going to be charged on the pay-per-use GPRS plan.

I hope this helps!

Dan
Old 03-07-2005, 02:42 AM   #66
Eric5273

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozment
I am a Cingular customer, and I have the unlimited Blackberry plan on my account. Since I purchased my 7290 in December, I have never had a data charge outside of the $45 Blackberry unlimited plan charge. In addition to email and the browser that came with the 7290 I use Verichat, an SSH client, and I have played with Reqwireless' browser and mail client. I think it is safe to say that you will not be charged. However, since there seem to be so many ways to set up the account, I would be careful. I did very little data on mine the first month I had it just in case I was going to be charged on the pay-per-use GPRS plan.

I hope this helps!

Dan
Can I ask which APN you use in the TCP settings?

I tried using wap.cingular, but it only worked after I called BlackBerry support and had them add the "pay per use" WIX Internet line items to my account. They told me I would probably be charged for the extra data used over this APN. I hope they are wrong.

But I also see that you can use isp.cingular, proxy, or according to the Reqwireless website instructions you can use blackberry.net. I would really like to find a solution that does not have any extra data charges.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #67
dozment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273
Sure! Here are my TCP settings...

APN: isp.cingular
Username for APN: [email address]
Password for APN: CINGULAR1
Old 03-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #68
Eric5273

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273
Sure! Here are my TCP settings...

Username for APN: [email address]
Password for APN: CINGULAR1
Just curious, but did you have to call Cingular support and have them add the WIX Internet line items to your account as per Mark's instructions, or did these settings work from the beginning?
Old 03-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #69
dozment

[quote="Eric5273
Just curious, but did you have to call Cingular support and have them add the WIX Internet line items to your account as per Mark's instructions, or did these settings work from the beginning?[/quote]

No, by some miracle mine had everything in the beginning. Here's what I have on my bill:

/WIX EXTENDED INTERNET $0.00
/WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00
/WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00
XM WITH BB AND V UN
Old 03-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #70
amino

Default Cingular - TCP/IP Data Connect with no BES (Verichat)

Here is how Cingular was able to fix the Verichat issue for me.

a) Cingular BB Product Mgmt Rep (+1-866-490-2666) suggested not to refer to the feature as WIX (Wireless Internet Express) but instead use "Data Connect" so Customer Service will understand better.

b) BB Product Mgmt Rep also said that I should use the following TCP/IP settings in my BB:

APN: wap.cingular
Usr Name: [email address]
Password: CINGULAR1

Instead of:
Usr Name: [email address]
Password: CINGULAR1

c) He then transferred me to a Customer Service Rep (Activations) and I said that since my company does not provide me with BES that I needed to add "Data Connect" services to my bill in addition to the Unlimited Data Plan.

He added the lines to my acccount/bill:

WIX EXTENDED INTERNET $0.00
WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00
WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00

d) After the features were added to my account, hanged up and tried connecting to Verichat and it worked perfectly.

Important Note on APN settings: I tried wap.cingular and Verichat worked, changed it to isp.cingular and Verichat did not work.

Hope this helps for all those Cinglular customers in the US that do not have to a company sponsored BES.

Good Luck.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #71
Eric5273

amino: I did the same exact thing to get Verichat to work. But it sounds like the Blackberry support people you spoke to were more helpful.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:11 PM   #72
mkmpanic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300

so i have cingular, no BES, and cannot get Verichat to work. i have
APN: wap.cingular
user: [email address]
pass: cingular1
"force MDS" is unchecked
does anyone with cingular have a solution?
i am getting this error: "could not open tunnel- failed"
please help. thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 11:24 PM   #73
NEXTEL347

Default Blackberry Browser On 7520

I Have The Blackberry 7520 And Have An Employee Blackberry Email Service With Public Ip, Based On The Web Client Not Bes. I Have Nol And Webviewr Both Work Fine. The Blackberry Browser Is Locked Out By Nextel B/c They Don't Want You Doing Html Browsing. Anyway I Found The Bb Browser Appears On The 7510 Somehow But Not The 7520. I Took The Service Book From My Old 7510 And Copied It To My 7520 And I Have The Bb Browser On My 7520 Now. Problem Is It Will Not Work, Will Not Connect To Inernet, It Did Work On The 7510. So I Suppose Nextel Needs To Unlock Some Features.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:48 PM   #74
jacobsaa
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: The New AT&T
Talking Network with Verichat

Just set up my network/TCP so that verichat works without BES. It works great and it is all surprisingly quick. I got the instructions from above. Thanks Mark!!!!!!

Politicin' 24/7
Old 03-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #75
sm803

Default Cingular Solution?

Hi, I'm new, but I registered so i could help with the language to use with Cingular reps.

Set up your TCP settings with the wap.cingular apn described above.

Then call cingular customer service.

Ask for the following:
The MediaNet plan, and wap.cingular to be added into your account.

The plans come with different sizes of data, and then a charge for every KB above your monthly allowance. You don't get a monthly charge if you just get the "pay per KB"- but it's $.13 per KB. However, I've been told that at the end of the day you won't be charged.

For your first month, if you're lucky, they'll give you a promo so you can figure out what you're being charged for. I'll let you know...
Old 03-19-2005, 01:01 AM   #76
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Often, if there's at least one Unlimited Data plan (BlackBerry plan), your pay-per-use non-BlackBerry data gets rolled into that. At least, that's the way it has been for most Cingular users. Occasionally, Cingular gets away with charging users data.

It's kind of hit-and-miss, but ideally, you shouldn't get charged if you use the pay-per-use non-BlackBerry kilobites in the prescence of an Unlimited Data BlackBerry plan.

The mere prescence of an Unlimited Data plan, should ideally override the prescence of a pay-per-use non-BlackBerry Data plan. It's just that due to a technicality on Cingular, the non-BlackBerry plan must be added in order to get 3rd party Internet applications working on a Cingular BlackBerry.

It gets confusing I know, Cingular definitely needs to simplify this by automatically adding the APN to all BlackBerries.

Try it for 1 month, and if there's a problem, dispute the charge with Cingular. I know that with other carriers such as T-Mobile, they never charge for non-BlackBerry usage on the Unlimited plan.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 03-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #77
sm803

Thanks Mark, I'm hoping it'll work that way. I've talked to three different people at Cingular and , of course, they told me three different things from "sorry blackberries can't use TCP/IP" to "it's another $25 a month for that."

I wonder if I should return and get the Verizon 7250?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:51 PM   #78
pdecrem

I just purchased a 7250 and have trouble getting verichat to work. downloaded 1.96 from website(ota download did not work in either blackberry browser or internet browser). I am getting failed to transmit error messages. tried both force mds and t-mobile, non bes.

Is this the wrong version?
Old 03-24-2005, 05:00 AM   #79
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Which carrier? Verizon should have working TCP/IP.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 03-24-2005, 05:45 AM   #80
vapochilled
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

I have cingular and it's not working, I'm a little worried(as work pay the bill) to go adding services at this stage, shame because I'm loosing a text pager for this BB, and now find I can't IM