BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
igadget

Model: 8100
Default How to transfer photos from Mac to Pearl? Bluetooth? Pocketmac?

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone been able to exchange files between their Mac and a Pearl?

I'd like to get headshot photos loaded on to the BB for my Pearl's address book. I have photos in my address book.app, but unfortunately Pocketmac didn't port those over. I haven't yet found a method in Pocketmac so I tried Bluetooth File Exchange. BT resulted in an error than BB doesn't have the necessary services.

Suggestions?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
getthething
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Tmobile

If you have a micro SD card you can mount the BB to your mac's desktop just like any harddrive and drag pictures over to the pictures folder. Also with bluetooth exchanges you have to tell the BB to "receive using bluetooth" you will probably get an error on the mac saying the transfer failed but it should have worked on the BB. I just tried this to confirm and i was able to transfer a photo. As for caller ID once you get the photos transferred you will have to assign them manually to each contact.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
igadget

Phenomenal!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
Ninchnails

I have tried doing this as well. It works with really small files, but any time I try anything larger than a hundred k or so it just doesn't work (I don't have a microSD card yet).

However, one time I did get an mp3 over there, but it saved it to some type of "temp" folder and I have no clue how to find it. Also, when receiving a file via bluetooth I cannot really pick where it saves the file. I create a new folder, choose that folder, but don't know how to "OK" that folder. Instead it only gives me the option to go up to the prev folder.

Anyone know any fixes or workarounds for these problems?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
bbmike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by getthething
......Also with bluetooth exchanges you have to tell the BB to "receive using bluetooth" you will probably get an error on the mac saying the transfer failed but it should have worked on the BB. .......
How do you tell the BB to "receive using BT"? (where in the menu options is this done?) Thx.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:22 PM   #6
Ninchnails

bb: if you go into the media managment then go into any folder (Music, Video, Ringtone, Pictures). Once in a folder press the menu button then you have the option to "Recieve Using BlueTooth."

Let me know if that answers your question and/or if you have the same problem that I described above.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
bbmike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Carrier: Telus

9"nails, it worked! Fabulous! Thanks! Wonder why you still get the error message on your Mac saying "file transfer error"??? However, when you check the Device Memory the file does transfer.
I use MP3 trimmer to slice my mp3s and use them as ringtones. Then send via BT using BT File Exchange to my 8100. The file I transferred was over 145 kb.