PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Verizon Officially Launches CDMA Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

Research In Motion

Press Release
November 1, 2007

Verizon Wireless Launches the First CDMA-Enabled BlackBerry Pearl
The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Smartphone Offers Voice, Data, Multimedia, Navigation and EV-DO Speed with Style

Basking Ridge, N.J., and Waterloo, Ontario - Verizon Wireless, the leading wireless company with the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, and Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, today announced the Nov. 3 online availability of the BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8130 at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. The BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8130 will be in Verizon Wireless Communications stores on Nov. 8. For the customer who wants to balance work and play, the world's first CDMA-enabled BlackBerry Pearl gives Verizon Wireless customers wireless broadband connectivity to the office while enabling them to stay connected with family, friends and colleagues.

The new smartphone builds upon the highly acclaimed and iconic BlackBerry Pearl design with new features and functionality to provide customers with powerful communications, rich multimedia and support for high-speed EV-DO networks in a style that goes from day to evening in one slim and small package.

Available to Verizon Wireless customers in an exclusive silver color and backed by the power of the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 offers powerful communications with premium phone features, e-mail and messaging and more. With its built-in navigation capability, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 can take customers wherever they want to go with mapping, audible turn-by-turn navigation and access to information on more than 14 million points of interest. In addition, the BlackBerry Pearl offers the following capabilities and features:

• Wireless broadband (EV-DO) connectivity for high-speed data transfers, perfect for fast Web-browsing and downloading large attachments
• A sleek, compact design in an exclusive silver color finish; measures 4.2” x 2.0” x .55” and weighs only 3.4 oz
• Open and view e-mail attachments with support for the most popular formats
• Premium phone features including Voice Activated Dialing, speakerphone and noise and echo cancellation technology for clearer calls
• 2.0 megapixel camera, with flash and 5x zoom, able to record video
• Video and picture messaging capable
• Built-in navigation to support the location-based application, VZ Navigator, developed by Networks in Motion, with map data provided by Navteq
• Advanced media player and enhanced desktop media manager software allowing a customer to easily manage music and pictures between their PC and the BlackBerry Pearl 8130
• 3.5 mm stereo headphone included in the box
• Externally accessible microSD™/SDHC memory card slot for additional storage (up to 8 GB)
• An enhanced user interface with new font-rendering technology that makes text easier to read and Web pages visually richer
• Enhanced Web browser delivering a fast, rich browser experience and support for streaming video from sites like m.youtube.com (3GPP RTSP streaming protocol over EV-DO)
• SureType® keyboard technology that makes typing and dialing fast and easy and includes a new word completion capability, easier editing of misspelled words and built-in spell checker
• Bluetooth® 2.0 in support of hands-free headsets, stereo headsets (Bluetooth stereo audio profile A2DP/AVRCP), car kits and other Bluetooth accessories
• A removable and rechargeable battery, rated for up to 220 minutes of talk time and up to 216 hours of standby time

The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 will be available online and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City for $249.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. With the launch of the BlackBerry Pearl, Verizon Wireless is also introducing new Nationwide E-mail and Web for BlackBerry customers providing them with unlimited data for an additional $29.99 per month on top of a voice plan. Customers who choose a data only plan pay $34.99 per month. Both plans provide access up to 10 POP3 and IMAP e-mail accounts via BlackBerry® Internet Service.

For more information on BlackBerry smartphones and to pre-order the BlackBerry Pearl 8130, visit Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. Business customers should contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 1-800-VZW-4-BIZ.

About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 63.7 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 68,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
newbbuser76
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon - BIS
Default new Verizon BB plans

Can anyone confirm with any verizon reps that the new 29.99 unlimited plan is available or when it will be? I called my rep for my company and she had not heard anything about the plan.

??
Old 11-01-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
jseah
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 30496979
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbbuser76 View Post
Can anyone confirm with any verizon reps that the new 29.99 unlimited plan is available or when it will be? I called my rep for my company and she had not heard anything about the plan.

??

When I did the pre-order for the Pearl today, I was able to select it. Of course since the phone hasn't actually been released yet, I don't think I have "officially" been signed up as yet. Looking at My Account online still shows just my America's Choice voice plan.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
Miro47
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e

When I upgrade it wants to me to choose:

Email and Web for BlackBerry® $29.99/month
Blackberry Solutionxxx8482; Unlimited Data Usage $44.99/month

If you click on 29.99 you get this:
Email and Web for BlackBerry®
Use your BlackBerry for personal email and Web surfing.
Your email will be xxx8220;pushedxxx8221; automatically to your device.
Access up to ten POP3 and IMAP email accounts, including Yahoo!® Mail, AOL® Mail, Windows Live® Hotmail®, and Verizon.net.
Easy email account setup.
Voice Usage: Per your voice calling plan.
Required Equipment
CDMA BlackBerry device with Verizon Wireless software required.

CDMA Data Roaming

In the Canadian Broadband and Canadian Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.002 per KB or $2.05 per MB.
In the Mexican Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.005 per KB or $5.12 per MB.
For more information on roaming in Canada and Mexico, visit verizonwireless.com/naroaming

When you choose the other you get this:
"Blackberry Solutionxxx8482; Unlimited Data Usage
BlackBerryxxx8482; is an end-to-end wireless e-mail solution that provides quick, easy access to e-mail, contacts, calendar and task list while on the go. Service available within the NationalAccess service area.

Data sessions may be used for following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force and field service automation. Intranet access requires the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.). Unlimited plans are for individual use only and not for resale. The Unlimited plans cannot be used: (1) for any applications that tether the device to laptops, PCs, or other equipment for any purpose, (2) for uploading, downloading or streaming of movies, music or games, (3) with server devices or with host computer applications other than the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, including, without limitation, Web camera posts or broadcasts, continuous jpeg file transfers, automatic data feeds, telemetry applications, automated functions or any other xxx65279;machine-to-machine applications, (4) as substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections.
Data sessions automatically terminate after two hours of inactivity unless used with a Mobile IP-capable device. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone who uses the Unlimited plan in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

© 2007 Verizon Wireless"

I can't quite figure it out. Anyone?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

a rep told me the 29.99 is up to 10GB. i asked him if he meant 10MB and his answer was that that 10GB is more. (clearly a moron) i asked again and told him that i use about 30 mb a month data and i use it a lot.
he said go for the 44.99 BUT he had no idea why?

anyone else have better info
Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Hmmm. I was hoping the unlimited data would run at $29.99
Old 11-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Hmmm. I was hoping the unlimited data would run at $29.99
it is unlimited per ruth operator 6881 at vzw

Last edited by Dawg; 11-10-2007 at 05:03 PM..
Old 11-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #8
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650

If I go to the store I wont get that deal?
I am buying the Pearl for my wife>

Anything I can do to drop my 8830 monthly charge of $44.99 plus tyax and insurance?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #9
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
If I go to the store I wont get that deal?
I am buying the Pearl for my wife>

Anything I can do to drop my 8830 monthly charge of $44.99 plus tyax and insurance?
yes call them and give the the code thats listed in the vast amount of threads I think its 73618
Old 11-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A

I have the 8130 with the newly introduced unlimited data and email plan for blackberry which is $29.99/month. By unlimited, Verizon means 5GB per month of data, which is a lot. They do not want you to use the service to continuously download or stream music and video. They also have a clause for not downloading anything illegally through P2P file sharing. This is written in their fine print: "Anyone using more than 5GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to limit throughput speed or immedately terminate the service of such person without notice". It would be very hard to use this amount of data on a blackberry unless you were non stop downloading for over 10 hours a day.

And it only costs $29.99/month. Not all the Verizon reps have been brought up to speed on all the new details, because this just came out. When I purchased the phone, a lot of employee conversation and phone calls had to happen in order to get the correct info.

Last edited by Tiamegs; 11-10-2007 at 08:01 PM..
Old 11-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 241BD9F4
Carrier: tmo

Data sessions may be used for following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force and field service automation. Intranet access requires the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.). Unlimited plans are for individual use only and not for resale. The Unlimited plans cannot be used: (1) for any applications that tether the device to laptops, PCs, or other equipment for any purpose, (2) for uploading, downloading or streaming of movies, music or games, (3) with server devices or with host computer applications other than the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, including, without limitation, Web camera posts or broadcasts, continuous jpeg file transfers, automatic data feeds, telemetry applications, automated functions or any other ?machine-to-machine applications, (4) as substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections.
Data sessions automatically terminate after two hours of inactivity unless used with a Mobile IP-capable device. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone who uses the Unlimited plan in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

© 2007 Verizon Wireless"

[/QUOTE]

Damn. Why dont they just list the things you CAN do with your "UNLIMITED" plan. They wouldnt have had to waste so much time typing it out. Basically you cant use you blackberry for what it was built for, "immediate, automatic information at your fingertips" w/o violating verizons terms.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 AM   #12
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike41615 View Post
Data sessions may be used for following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force and field service automation. Intranet access requires the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.). Unlimited plans are for individual use only and not for resale. The Unlimited plans cannot be used: (1) for any applications that tether the device to laptops, PCs, or other equipment for any purpose, (2) for uploading, downloading or streaming of movies, music or games, (3) with server devices or with host computer applications other than the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, including, without limitation, Web camera posts or broadcasts, continuous jpeg file transfers, automatic data feeds, telemetry applications, automated functions or any other ?machine-to-machine applications, (4) as substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections.

© 2007 Verizon Wireless"

Damn. Why dont they just list the things you CAN do with your "UNLIMITED" plan. They wouldnt have had to waste so much time typing it out. Basically you cant use you blackberry for what it was built for, "immediate, automatic information at your fingertips" w/o violating verizons terms.[/QUOTE]

I havent come close to 5gb of use since I have carried a BB thats alot of information.
Closed Thread