BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 10-19-2005, 08:28 AM   #181
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100G

Please Login to Remove!

Right, understand that, but can I be in the home screen and have an IM still pop up with any of these clients at all? And how can I get the IPPP Service Book if cingular isn't allowing it without a BES?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:30 AM   #182
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I just told you go to cingular webclient and send to yourself
Old 10-19-2005, 08:33 AM   #183
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorry thought you only responded once, didn't see that. But I dont know what the webclient is either... where do I go exactly?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:36 AM   #184
Dawg
No longer Registered.

how are you getting your mail? company server or through the internet?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:46 AM   #185
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

I went to the cingular site, blackberry start, and setup my pop3 for my own email server.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:49 AM   #186
Dawg
No longer Registered.

same site should have a button to resend service books
Old 10-19-2005, 09:18 AM   #187
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Oh god! Now I just tried with Media Net and when I click blackberry start "get link" it says "Invalid address:$(base:noesc)i.xhtml?d=4643&dt=c&i=46&dn=B lackberry Start&ran=25

What just happened?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #188
scootermcq

Model: 6210

Hi Guys:

I have a 6210, upgraded the OS to version 4.0.2.49. I am on FIDO and have called to ensure that I have gprs data enabled at their end. I have typed in the TCP and can not get WAP to work. I have also downloaded Gmail and again no luck working with data. The gprs is all lower case and when I first turn on the unit I get "data connection refused" Does anyone have a work around for this, or ideas??

I am using:
APN: wap.fido.ca (tried internet.fido.ca)
user name: fido
password: fido (and I have tried leaving blank)

WAP gateway IP: 205.151.011.011
WAP gateway port: 9201 (tried 8080 as well)
WAP APN: wap.fido.ca

Any help would be REALLY appreciated. I want to stay on fido for voice, and do email... I don't mind using a third party software, I am just getting nowhere.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 11-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #189
thecrave
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default BB w/ mMode GPRS on Cingular Blue?

Sorry if I'm a newbie -- I've seen a lot of discussion about using GPRS w/o BES. Nice FAQ Mark. But I still have some questions...

I just got a BB6710 off of eBay and upgraded the sw to v4.

I currently have a very good voice plan, including "unlimited mMode data" with Cingular Blue (former AT&T).

I would like to try out the BB before I switch off my plan, with the concern that if I don't like the BB device, I'll switch back to my Microsoft SmartPhone (mpx220).

I'm not too interested in the BES/push features of the BB, but more so the WAP/HTML browsing, chat, etc.

I see "Data connection refused" along with a lowercase "gprs" on my home screen.

After I upgraded, I lost my browser icon. So I've installed Minuet. When I try to browse to a site, I get "Sorry, Page Not Found!"

I've changed TCP setting to "proxy" and tried "internet" and "internet.com" -- still no difference.

Am I out of luck, or is there something I can get Cingular to add to my account (no-cost) to enable me to browse WAP/HTML on my BB?

Thanks,
thecrave
Old 11-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #190
emsdavid

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Unlocked BB7290 needs to access Orange Dominicana for POP3 email

I just unlocked my BB7290 at Bongwireless. I am now using the unit in the Dominican Republic with Orange. What can I do to get my emails from work using POP3. Currently Orange Dominicana doesn't sell BB but I know they have the email service since I previously had a TREO600 and the emails dumped in great. I found on your string below that Orange in the DR has a APN of : orangenet.com.do and I entered it. The data connection is still refused. Any suggestions? Do I need a third party software or can I use my OS3.8?
Old 11-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #191
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Exclamation Fixed Tunnel Error Message - Try This!

After reading aLL the posts and trying everything, particularly in this thread, I had zero luck. So I went into a Cing. store and they gave me even lass help. SO I called the BB help line at Cingular (866-490-2666) and got a guy who really did not know anything about this, so I was discouraged, at first. He tried a to add what the other threads say is required (WIX Data something or other..., you know what I'm talking about), but couldn't find a way to do that. Even more discouraged at that point. So then he did a couple things and had me give it a try, and out of nowhere I was able to login to Verichat, Yak-On and HelloWorld without ANY problems! I was floored. So I will lay out EXACTLY what happened on our call and what he said he did, and I hope this helps others out there in need.

1. First he had me turn off the wireless connection.
2. Then he deleted my BB Unlimited Data plan.
3. He then added the same plan back again, kind of reset the package I guess.
4. Then he had me turn on the wireless connection again.
5. I got a welcome message from Cingular about adding the new feature.
6. Then he told me to go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, and he told me to click on the top entry and choose Register Now.
7. Then he told me to go back to my home screen and check for the HTML Browser. I told him I did see it there, which was odd because I hid the browser icon yesterday because I use the middle convenience key to load the browser. He said that it is present now because it is a different browser from the one I hid, so I checked the hidden icons and sure enough the other browser was still there. Turns out the old one is the WAP Browser, labelled Cingular Browser, and the new one is the HTML Browser, labelled Internet Browser. Bonus!
8. Then he said when he deleted and then re-added the BB Unlimited plan that I mentioned above, the new browser was installed with it.
9. He also added the "wap.cingular" plan (no cost). This is what I believe allows me to avoid the tunnel errors, so I imagine this is the most important. I am just giving my entire process in case you need the whole procedure to get access like I did.
10. Now when I check the feature list on my account I do NOT have anything with WIX on it, just the BB Unlimited plan, that's all. So I guess you don't need the WIX stuff like the other posts claim.

Now keep in mind that this is what worked for me, and I am in the Seattle area. I understand that different markets may have different methods, but this works for me. Now I have instant access to the map program and the chat programs - flawless.

Hope this helps at least one person.\!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:08 PM   #192
Rambler
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7750
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGUELITO
i'm from Mexico using bb 7280 with TELCEL these guys dont now nothing about the bb, and i can't run verichat, because they dont have the tcp settings.
I just got a Ramble user working on Telcel with the following settings:

APN: internet.itelcel.com
Username: webgprs
Password: webgrps2002
Old 12-05-2005, 12:42 PM   #193
drbob86

Model: 8310
Carrier: several
Default Nextel does not need an APN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTi4Life
No NEXTEL?
A BlackBerry on the Nextel network does not need you to send an APN. APN is more of a GSM/GPRS/EDGE requirement.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #194
drbob86

Default WIX Data Connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle18
After reading aLL the posts and trying everything, particularly in this thread, I had zero luck. So I went into a Cing. store and they gave me even lass help. SO I called the BB help line at Cingular (866-490-2666) and got a guy who really did not know anything about this, so I was discouraged, at first. He tried a to add what the other threads say is required (WIX Data something or other..., you know what I'm talking about), but couldn't find a way to do that. Even more discouraged at that point. So then he did a couple things and had me give it a try, and out of nowhere I was able to login to Verichat, Yak-On and HelloWorld without ANY problems! I was floored. So I will lay out EXACTLY what happened on our call and what he said he did, and I hope this helps others out there in need.

1. First he had me turn off the wireless connection.
2. Then he deleted my BB Unlimited Data plan.
3. He then added the same plan back again, kind of reset the package I guess.
4. Then he had me turn on the wireless connection again.
5. I got a welcome message from Cingular about adding the new feature.
6. Then he told me to go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, and he told me to click on the top entry and choose Register Now.
7. Then he told me to go back to my home screen and check for the HTML Browser. I told him I did see it there, which was odd because I hid the browser icon yesterday because I use the middle convenience key to load the browser. He said that it is present now because it is a different browser from the one I hid, so I checked the hidden icons and sure enough the other browser was still there. Turns out the old one is the WAP Browser, labelled Cingular Browser, and the new one is the HTML Browser, labelled Internet Browser. Bonus!
8. Then he said when he deleted and then re-added the BB Unlimited plan that I mentioned above, the new browser was installed with it.
9. He also added the "wap.cingular" plan (no cost). This is what I believe allows me to avoid the tunnel errors, so I imagine this is the most important. I am just giving my entire process in case you need the whole procedure to get access like I did.
10. Now when I check the feature list on my account I do NOT have anything with WIX on it, just the BB Unlimited plan, that's all. So I guess you don't need the WIX stuff like the other posts claim.

Now keep in mind that this is what worked for me, and I am in the Seattle area. I understand that different markets may have different methods, but this works for me. Now I have instant access to the map program and the chat programs - flawless.

Hope this helps at least one person.\!
The wap.cingular plan is the WIX Data Connect service.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #195
drbob86

Default Nextel does not use an APN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDoc
I just purchased a Nextel 7520 and an trying to use a Handango dowloaded "Remote Desktop for Mobiles" program. I've downloaded it to my desktop and the client software to my Bb. I can't figure out what TCP info to input (which is what the software company told me to do).

Any ideas? I've read this entire thread and am still a little confused. Nextel was no help.

I'd really like to access my office computer from my Blackberry 7520.

Thank you in advance,

Chris
An APN is required for operation on GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks, but not on CDMA or iDEN.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #196
vileda

Model: 7100t

after reading here, googling and playing around alot, i didn't find a solution to use gprs on a non-BB provider. but the crazy thing is, i can use my BB 7100t as a gprs modem and if i type in an
incorrect url in midpssh i get a dns error, with correct url not, only timeout after a while.
so i think there must be a way to get gprs on non-BB providers.
my SIM defenetly can use gprs, wap works great on other mobiles.
if someone knows an answer please let me know.

Last edited by vileda; 12-05-2005 at 08:54 PM..
Old 12-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #197
garylandgraf

Model: 7290

went through your set up with cingular and i had the 4.0.218 version and they have a upgrade now thats free and the lady steped me through it and heeloworld gps system works on my blackberry now. the upgrade was to a 40.0.282. it made a world of difference. then i had to go back into options >tcp>and put in. This blackberry rocks now, it even upgraded me with some new things like password keeper and alot of other stuff.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:56 AM   #198
garylandgraf

Model: 7290

went through your set up with cingular and i had the 4.0.218 version and they have a upgrade now thats free and the lady steped me through it and heeloworld gps system works on my blackberry now. the upgrade was to a 40.0.282. it made a world of difference. then i had to go back into options >tcp>and put in. This blackberry rocks now, it even upgraded me with some new things like password keeper and alot of other stuff.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:27 AM   #199
ben.forrest

Model: 7730

I have found the following Optus Configuration, but can't seem to get it to work (get a "cant open tunnel" error). can someone verify if this actually works?

gateway? 202.139.83.152
port: 9201
apn: wap.optus.net.au
user: <empty>
pass: <empty>
Old 12-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #200
szumlanski

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle18
Will there be a charge for usage on the BB unlimited plan on Cingular if I use third party apps or the BB as a modem if I get them to put on the wap.cingular line item? They could not answer the question at BB telephone support. Furthermore, when I had it on my account I was incurring negative usage remaining on my account (although, overage was reported as 0). I just don't want to get my first bill and have to argue with billing over hundred of dollars!

Sorry for the repeat - I asked this question on another thread...