Old 10-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #301
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby1379
So Ramble appears to be AOL only, is this true? If so, I wish there was a program like this that would also support yahoo and msn that was free. The standard im client on the bb device just isnt cutting it.

yahoo messenger is out and its free for Nextel and Rodger right now... soon for verizon and cingular id imagine
Old 10-13-2005, 07:17 AM   #302
Rambler
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7750
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz
yahoo messenger is out and its free for Nextel and Rodger right now... soon for verizon and cingular id imagine
And with the yahoo msn merger happening, you'll be set

Ramble is just for AOL at this point. The only protocol i'm thinking about adding in the near future is jabber (google talk) since it is an open protocol.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:34 AM   #303
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
And with the yahoo msn merger happening, you'll be set

Ramble is just for AOL at this point. The only protocol i'm thinking about adding in the near future is jabber (google talk) since it is an open protocol.
GTalk would make my day Rambler.

pink
Old 10-14-2005, 12:13 AM   #304
ABuehrlen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default cant login

rambler,

i love using ramble. I cant login right now though. i keep getting an error message that says invlaid connection string unable to open connection when itry to login. any ideas what the problem could be. oh yeah im on a nextel 7510 and havent had issues til now. thanks again for a great product
Old 10-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #305
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABuehrlen
rambler,

i love using ramble. I cant login right now though. i keep getting an error message that says invlaid connection string unable to open connection when itry to login. any ideas what the problem could be. oh yeah im on a nextel 7510 and havent had issues til now. thanks again for a great product
Check your Ramble IM options to make sure they're set appropriately. If you're on a corporate network, Network Connection should read 'Use MDS TCP', if you're not, it should read 'Use Device TCP' or 'Use Default' (since Nextel defaults to Device TCP)
Old 10-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #306
bvarianlvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

All of a sudden I'mgetting Invalid Connection string: could not open tunnel - max timeout. I've not changed anything and my Ramble has worked fine up til this point. I also went to aim.com to check quickbuddy, and it works fine. So, what could be the issue?

I did a hard reboot, and that didn't help.

Edit at 2:29. now it works. odd.

Last edited by bvarianlvr; 10-14-2005 at 01:29 PM..
Old 10-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #307
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvarianlvr
All of a sudden I'mgetting Invalid Connection string: could not open tunnel - max timeout. I've not changed anything and my Ramble has worked fine up til this point. I also went to aim.com to check quickbuddy, and it works fine. So, what could be the issue?

What device are you using? I've been troubleshooting with a user today trying to get their Nextel device running (should have been running). i wonder if there was a network outage somewhere.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:39 AM   #308
abstractrude
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7550
Default no more calls please help

so i have a verizon 7250. it seems whenever i use ramble, i no longer am able to recieve calls. they go straight to voicemail. also sometimes i get disconnected for no reason and then cant relogin. any ideas rambler. thanks for the free great software btw.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:40 AM   #309
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

That's because verizon is CDMA which means when the data port is busy it will send your calls directly to voicemail. GPRS will pause the data and let the call come through.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:42 AM   #310
rta53

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvarianlvr

Yesterday I got this message too and never could login. Tried again this morning and got "Invalid Connection String-Bad DNS Address". Every time I try to login it just hangs and never connects.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #311
rta53

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
Check your Ramble IM options to make sure they're set appropriately. If you're on a corporate network, Network Connection should read 'Use MDS TCP', if you're not, it should read 'Use Device TCP' or 'Use Default' (since Nextel defaults to Device TCP)
Where do I find the options.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #312
thewarlock
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
PIN: 246B95C5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Device Settings, and scroll down to Ramble IM
Old 10-18-2005, 03:31 PM   #313
Zwalley

Model: 7520
Question Yahoo Messenger for 7510 BB

When I go to install the IM from Blackberry's website the download stops at " Please wait while we retrieve and examine your device's current configuration." And that's it. The download stops. I have installed the latest handheld software for the device. Any suggestions?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #314
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwalley
When I go to install the IM from Blackberry's website the download stops at " Please wait while we retrieve and examine your device's current configuration." And that's it. The download stops. I have installed the latest handheld software for the device. Any suggestions?
I'm sorry, I can't help you Zwalley, you may want to contact Research in Motion (the BlackBerry manufacturer). This forum thread is in reference to a free instant messaging client for AOL.

Good luck!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:44 AM   #315
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100G

Great product. What sucks though, is I have blackberry unlimited data for $49 a month and to get the ramble to work I have to also get that data connect for an extra $19 a month. So im pretty much paying $68 a month just to send IM's and sometimes an email here and there because thats all I am using my blackberry for besides the phone features. Pretty stupid huh? Cingular needs to give us an alternative for sure. Im starting to hate this about them, too bad their service is so good and i get 19% military discount and they got great tech support. I would have left them already and got a T-Mobile Sidekick II!

Wanted to add though, whens the next version coming out? And also I havent gotten to test this yet but do you get a dialog at the home screen when IMs come in?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:01 AM   #316
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

That makes no sense, you need to get the data connect for your unlimited data plan? Ramble uses data, why is the data connected needed if you already have unlimited data? What exactly is included in your unlimited data plan?

Do other cingular people have this also?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #317
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

I dont know, but I talked with the guy about it, he seemed cool. He has a blackberry too and said he knows, it sucks. So I dont know. I needed the data connect to get the TCP settings or whatever to work. I dont think I will keep this for longer than 2 months. Unless I feel its worth the price but I doubt it. Im just waiting for a sidekick device for cingular. PLEASE CINGULAR PLEASE!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:40 AM   #318
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

switch to verizon if you can, same unlimited data price but not the extra as cingular, or check out others in your area.

Hopefully other Cingular users will chime in on this.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:03 AM   #319
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skettalee
I dont know, but I talked with the guy about it, he seemed cool. He has a blackberry too and said he knows, it sucks. So I dont know. I needed the data connect to get the TCP settings or whatever to work. I dont think I will keep this for longer than 2 months. Unless I feel its worth the price but I doubt it. Im just waiting for a sidekick device for cingular. PLEASE CINGULAR PLEASE!
You should not need to pay anything extra to use Ramble. There are many Cingular users of Ramble who do not pay extra.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...3&postcount=70
Old 10-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #320
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

I like cingular as a phone service way better than Verizon though. So I guess im stuck getting &&CKED
Closed Thread