BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #281
nick119
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Rambler, by anychance is there anyway we can preview someone's away message without actually sending them a message on this new version?

Thanks a million!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #282
Rambler

Model: 7750
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick119
Rambler, by anychance is there anyway we can preview someone's away message without actually sending them a message on this new version?

Thanks a million!
I'm still trying to find a way to do this. The new protocol shows some promise, but I haven't been able to get this to work yet.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #283
thegiftedone
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7105t

I am a new BB owner of the 7105t and I want to know if ramble works with SMS or e-mail? Basically will I have to pay sms fees for each im?

the gifted one
Old 10-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #284
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

no ramble uses data
Old 10-08-2005, 07:45 AM   #285
mjp3475

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

I'm using a Cingular 7290 that I just wiped clean & loaded 4.0.2.49. I installed the latest version of Ramble, and when I login, my buddy list doesn't appear. I searched & saw there was an issue with this a while back, but was supposedly fixed in the new version. All I see is one line that says "Online" and no buddy list. I even logged in from my PC & added a "Mobile Device" category with no luck (which I didn't have to do when I used Ramble a few versions ago, at least)

I tried both the OTA & USB installers with the same outcome.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #286
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp3475
I'm using a Cingular 7290 that I just wiped clean & loaded 4.0.2.49. I installed the latest version of Ramble, and when I login, my buddy list doesn't appear. I searched & saw there was an issue with this a while back, but was supposedly fixed in the new version. All I see is one line that says "Online" and no buddy list. I even logged in from my PC & added a "Mobile Device" category with no luck (which I didn't have to do when I used Ramble a few versions ago, at least)

I tried both the OTA & USB installers with the same outcome.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
I know you said it was wiped clean, but just to be quadruply sure, could you go into Options -> Applications, select 'Modules' from the menu, and scroll all the way down to verify that Ramble is only listed once.

I only say that because I noticed that when I upgraded my device, the backup process backed up my online-installed apps, so some piece of an old install might be in place.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #287
mjp3475

Yup, its only listed once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
I know you said it was wiped clean, but just to be quadruply sure, could you go into Options -> Applications, select 'Modules' from the menu, and scroll all the way down to verify that Ramble is only listed once.

I only say that because I noticed that when I upgraded my device, the backup process backed up my online-installed apps, so some piece of an old install might be in place.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #288
Rambler

What version is listed?
Old 10-09-2005, 03:37 PM   #289
mjp3475

Quote:
What version is listed?
In the Apps screen it reads: "Ramble\u0332 IM" Version: 0.9.10.8"
In the Modules screen it reads: "Ramble" Version: 0.9.10.8"
Old 10-09-2005, 04:05 PM   #290
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp3475
In the Apps screen it reads: "Ramble\u0332 IM" Version: 0.9.10.8"
In the Modules screen it reads: "Ramble" Version: 0.9.10.8"
If you'd like to private message me your Login and password (I suggest making it something generic while i test), I can look into the problem further.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:45 PM   #291
Rambler

Quote:
If you'd like to private message me your Login and password (I suggest making it something generic while i test), I can look into the problem further.
Turns out that mjp3475 had an extremely long buddy list that was sent by AOL in two messages, something that wasn't previously handled. This will be fixed in the next release.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:22 AM   #292
djseto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Is there are way to alphabetize the buddy list? Every time I login, it shows my buddies in a random order. I would love to be able to order it somehow. perhaps a a future upgrade?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:13 AM   #293
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djseto
Is there are way to alphabetize the buddy list? Every time I login, it shows my buddies in a random order. I would love to be able to order it somehow. perhaps a a future upgrade?
I don't know if alphabetizing would be an desired feature, but let me look into making sure I display the buddies in the order that AOL sends to me.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #294
Dewars
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Is there a setting to have the tone or vibrate feature work when the dialog appears (for a new message that just came in) when your not in the Rambler app? I get the tone/vibrate only when im in Rambler.

The sound deos work when a buddy signs on/off, just not for new IMs...

Thanks!

Last edited by Dewars; 10-11-2005 at 10:55 AM..
Old 10-11-2005, 04:55 PM   #295
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewars
Is there a setting to have the tone or vibrate feature work when the dialog appears (for a new message that just came in) when your not in the Rambler app? I get the tone/vibrate only when im in Rambler.

The sound deos work when a buddy signs on/off, just not for new IMs...

Thanks!
Notifications are still pending a major overhaul. Right now the option you're looking for doesn't exist.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:19 PM   #296
Dewars
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Notifications are still pending a major overhaul. Right now the option you're looking for doesn't exist.

No problem, so far its great!

Thanks.... Dewars
Old 10-12-2005, 12:36 PM   #297
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT
Default Icon

Finally got it working.. thanks again...

My only request is that if there is a way to make a small icon like Blackberry Messenger has that notify's you of a message/IM... thanks a lot

OK got an answer...

"At this point, having an icon like the BlackBerry messenger isn't possible. BlackBerry doesn't allow access to that screen.

Thanks,"

Thanks for the quick replies Ramble

Last edited by jetspeedz; 10-12-2005 at 12:49 PM..
Old 10-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #298
adamb

Model: 7730
Default Re: Staying Logged In

Quote:
So I have a little bit of news. For those of you who have experienced the problem with AutoAway in the past, I finally found out what was going on. It was a ! where there shouldn't have been one. Details...

Anyway, there is another pretty nice update coming out that I hope will fix 7100 series device's sound, and has a new interface for remembering multiple AOL accounts. Also, I _think_ it solves many of the obscure 'drop connection' problems that occurred from time to time. It should now go up, and stay up.

Anyway, testing is ongoing, hope to release soon.
A few questions:
1. What is the default behaviour of the app now with regard to reconnecting? I find that if I go out of range, I get disconnected, and it stays disconnected even when I go back in range. Does it keep trying every 5 min or something to reconnect? What will that behaviour be in the new release?

2. Is it possible to have it autologin when the BB is turned on?

3. Has any progress been made in eliminating that first error message that sometimes happens when you try to log in (I forget what it was---malformed connection string or something). Or perhaps instead of displaying the error it could try a few more times to connect (it usually signs in OK the second or third time)?

The app works great when I have a clean signal but definitely disconnects multiple times per day (and I have to re-log in).

Thanks for a great product!

BTW I have Verizon and a BB 7730 no BES.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:20 PM   #299
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamb
A few questions:
1. What is the default behaviour of the app now with regard to reconnecting? I find that if I go out of range, I get disconnected, and it stays disconnected even when I go back in range. Does it keep trying every 5 min or something to reconnect? What will that behaviour be in the new release?

2. Is it possible to have it autologin when the BB is turned on?

3. Has any progress been made in eliminating that first error message that sometimes happens when you try to log in (I forget what it was---malformed connection string or something). Or perhaps instead of displaying the error it could try a few more times to connect (it usually signs in OK the second or third time)?

The app works great when I have a clean signal but definitely disconnects multiple times per day (and I have to re-log in).

Thanks for a great product!

BTW I have Verizon and a BB 7730 no BES.
1. The application tries to stay connected. When it gets disconnected, it will check the radio status and wait until it can transmit, then it will try logging in. This is true as long as another problem hasn't occurred. I continue to work on this.

2. It is possible, it is something that I've thought about, but I've never implemented. If there is sufficient interest, I can implement it as an option.

3. As far as the first error message that sometimes happens when you try to log in, I am working on a dialog that when the application is first run, it takes user input to help the application determine how to log in.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #300
dobby1379

Model: 7100T
Default Ramble

So Ramble appears to be AOL only, is this true? If so, I wish there was a program like this that would also support yahoo and msn that was free. The standard im client on the bb device just isnt cutting it.
Closed Thread