Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
yyazdani

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default BBM Wont work on Unlocked Blackberry 8520

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, i just bought a new unlocked T-mobile blackberry curve 8520 from US and now i'm using it on Rogers Network. The phone works great i can make and receive calls to send text messages. My problem is when i try to use the BBM service it does not seem to work. I do have a BB unlimited social networking data plan on my account.

I can use the wifi to connect to the internet. But i am not able to use BBM or connect to FB like i use to on my older BB using network and i am not able to connect to MSN through network. I spoke with Rogers they are not able to help me since this is unlocked they said BBM works sometimes and sometimes it does not when a phone is unlocked. Also, i have tried installing latest OS from Rogers (deleted the vendor file). NO LUCK.

IS THERE ANY FIX FOR THIS. Please help me or i might have to sell this and get some other phone.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: BBM Wont work on Unlocked Blackberry 8520

Let me begin by saying that I am not that familiar with all of Rogers BB data plans and am only going by what I se eon their website.

Are you sure BBM is included in the social media plan? I think you might need the BB email plan? From what I see on the Rogers site, social networking only includes Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc. http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...products/plans

Unlocking a device doesn't have anything to do with whether apps work or not so the Rogers rep was clueless.

I would call them again and see if you can get it resolved. Sounds like the plan isn't set up properly and you don't have the right service books.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #3
yyazdani

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did had the BBM working on my previous blackberrys with this same plan and i haven't changed anything exept for the phone. This one seems as if it is not fully unlocked or something. It allows me to make calls but blocks all FB, BBM, and everything else.

Someone suggested to call T-mobile and tell them to provide a new unlock code and then call Rogers to Lock it with them. Hmm im not exactly sure what to do in this situation as i have already unlocked it from a website.

BBM should work but as it did before on my plan. I do have the BBM service linked with my plan. It does not even let me download a new BBM messenger or upgrade as it says "page cannot be displayed" right after i click download (same with downloading the app store).

Somehow the network is still locked with T-mobile and i have no idea how to get rid of this. IS THERE ANY WAY OF CLEAING ALL TMOBILE AND INTSALL JUST ROGERS FROM SCRATCH INCLUDING SPLASH SCREEN.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

No you cannot change the splash screen.

Sounds like the PIN of the device is still registered with another BIS account.
OR you haven't updated the PIN and IMEI in BIS yet.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 12-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Draven is probably right. Go to BlackBerry Internet Service and click on the Change Device link and follow the instructions. When ever you move your account from one Blackberry to another (I do this quite often for development purposes) you should eventually get an email on the device from Rogers and RIM indicating you have succesfully activated the device on Rogers wireless and the RIM networks. Until you get those something hasn't been fully changed to the new device yet.