BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
berzins

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Default Multiple Independent Exchange Servers on BES.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys.

I've just setup my first BES server and with the exception of one hitch, everything is running smoothly with Exchange 2007.

Is it possible to add another Exchange server onto the BES platform. The trick here is that it is a different organization (so company "A" and "B" have independent Exchange servers). The other company is small (three users), and I would like to use my existing BES instead of installing a new version on site. From the information I've read on the forums here, it is not a suggested method as it can slow things down. I don't suspect with three users it would be such a big deal, but I can look at network stats to see how that is once I can figure out how/if this can be done.

What I was unsure about is that the discussions I could find here seem to always talk about Exchange server in the same organization.

Comments?

Dave..
Old 10-03-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

The barrier for BES is the Exchange Organization. If these servers in the same Exchange Organization then you can add users to it ... you just need to make sure you setup permissions properly for the BESAdmin account on that Exchange Server / AD Tree.

Be careful when you use the word organization as it is the barrier for BES ... if indeed they are a part of a different Exchange organization this is not possible. If they are a part of the same organization 3 users will have little impact and I wouldn't think twice about adding them.
Closed Thread