Elito
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SPRINT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainman007 View Post
In my country there is no return, warranty, nothing. I bought it on ebay and it cant be returned. I already had it exchanged since the first one came with an azerty keyboard. And ive bought a few softwares etc amounting to a higher cost, only to find out they dont run as smooth as expected. Just on a curious note. Do the Javelins etc have better performance owing to the higher ram/rom space ?
You bought a very basic Blackbery, 8310, with an outdated software,(Blackberry doesn't make new software for this device because they have stopped producing it and some carriers have stopped selling it), on Ebay (which means the device can have have because you cannot be sure why people sell their electronics). Have you tried a different Blackberry, for example from a friend or in store, to see if some of the many problems you have are specific to your device? I have a curve 8330 and, though I wish it could perform better, I haven't encountered half the problems you mentioned. Try another blackberry and see.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #22
plainman007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone

BallHawk > If your reffering to me. I didnt ORIGINALY mention about the SHARES, SALES, PEOPLE WANTING TO LEAVE. I was merely reinstating that those factswhich the original poster put up might be right and logical. Because i wouldnt recommend it. No matter what name calling you try to throw at me. It sound like your the one on someones payroll trying to defend this phone. I paid and bought one, why would i say negative things about it. Yeah RESEARCH IT, RESEARCH IT. My research never showed the phone would stall to playback ringtones, and stall thru menus. Maybe the guys who had those problems are all on the payroll and not talking about it like i did openly. No wonder noone knows and cannot find out. If im just so negative why am i even willing to throw this in the bin where it belongs and buy a javelin if it will perform better.

Elito > Wish i could try another BB. But noone carries one around here. I asked a friend and he said he had an uncle or someone who uses one. Its quite tought to judge these things. So many factors. Maybe some software which is installed. Im surprised the poster before you didnt have any answers as to why the basic shortcuts mentioned in the forum for BB 8310 dont even work. Oh now he'll say even thats too much to expect. You shouldnt expect the phone to even switch on. If i say it doesnt switch on he'll retort, You shudve RESEARCHED the phone. The job to research is that of the manufacturer. To add insult to injury theyre called research in motion. Ask our man to tell me why the media player says playlist but just cant even play back a list of videos. It can only play one video. But it has the playlist mentioned in the video playback menus. Im sure he cant answer, so i dont care what he says. Its my phone and this is my opinion an ill keep it. Similarly he can keep his to himself.

I think i should handle a javelin and see how it performs. But im mainly looking at some other brand phone i can jump to. Till then i will live with this. I have no other option.

TheRinger > Yes as i bought it on EBAY so no return. There is no warranty. BB support here on the tollfree number (thats the one same guy who always picks up, is i think paid on some contract basis to handle calls on behalf of BB, who honestly sounds so disinterested and is half the time away from the phone, and today anyone can get a tollfree number online), has declined that they will even service the phone or repair it, even on a paid basis. Since it was bought on ebay and an imported unit. They dont make money on it so they dont support it. So its like i got it free. RIM didnt make any money on this phone, so its orphaned. What policy is this ? Whatever it is , it was bought somewhere right ? So some team has to at least offer email support for the phone ? Nothing !

Last edited by plainman007; 04-07-2010 at 02:25 PM..
Old 04-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #23
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
I came from an iPhone (stolen
Is that your profession of choice or just a one-off? Should we check our wallets?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #24
Elito
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: SPRINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainman007 View Post
[B]
Elito > Wish i could try another BB. But noone carries one around here. I asked a friend and he said he had an uncle or someone who uses one. Its quite tought to judge these things. So many factors. Maybe some software which is installed. Im surprised the poster before you didnt have any answers as to why the basic shortcuts mentioned in the forum for BB 8310 dont even work. Oh now he'll say even thats too much to expect. You shouldnt expect the phone to even switch on. If i say it doesnt switch on he'll retort, You shudve RESEARCHED the phone. The job to research is that of the manufacturer. To add insult to injury theyre called research in motion. Ask our man to tell me why the media player says playlist but just cant even play back a list of videos. It can only play one video. But it has the playlist mentioned in the video playback menus. Im sure he cant answer, so i dont care what he says. Its my phone and this is my opinion an ill keep it. Similarly he can keep his to himself.

I think i should handle a javelin and see how it performs. But im mainly looking at some other brand phone i can jump to. Till then i will live with this. I have no other option.
I have had my Curve 8330 for a year now. I am looking to get the nexus one but not because my phone has the problems you mentioned. I have been quite satisfied with it but I'm attracted to nicer devices. It's true that the web browser is the worse of all smartphones but that is my only disappointment with this phone. I want a nicer screen and a better web browsing experience. I would say, even if Blackberry has its issues, like all phones have theirs, some problems you mentioned, like basic shortcuts not working must be due to defects on your device, or a software that needs updating. Maybe, you have already done it but if you haven't, it may help if you upgrade or downgrade to another software version that may work better with the 8310. Keep in mind that the 8310 is one of the oldest blackberry models still being used.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #25
zigboss

Carrier: cbeyond

didn't appreciater the BB at first, but it's really owning me now. Just a few tweaks to work out.. My first Smart Phone. I noticed some of these threads are REALLY WORDY... Must be a canadian thing? ok, cheap shot. I take it back.
How do I go about tweaking the BB desktop to allow me to sync with thunderbird? I've been around desktops since the transistion from Dos to Win 3.1 so give it to me straight.
Closed Thread