Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Ringer, what part of "we'll discuss it" and "I'll see what we can do" to accommodate your request, do you not understand?

I really really do understand that you're looking at this from a security point of view to help protect people. Us too. Plus, we have the greater forum interests to consider, along with that.

If you really are demanding that we acquiesce to your desires right this moment... no, not happening. But you're really pushing the envelope on the privilege to even having any input into this...

ok? << that's not a question. It's probably best that you not even respond at this point.

Last edited by JSanders; 08-26-2010 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #22
TheRinger
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 4
PIN: Whats a pin? lol
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Ringer, what part of "we'll discuss it" and "I'll see what we can do" to accommodate your request, do you not understand?

I really really do understand that you're looking at this from a security point of view to help protect people. Us too. Plus, we have the greater forum interests to consider, along with that.

If you really are demanding that we acquiesce to your desires right this moment... no, not happening. But you're really pushing the envelope on the privilege to even having any input into this...

ok? << that's not a question. It's probably best that you not even respond at this point.
No i dont expect it to change, or change right now. I understand what you are saying with that.

What im having an attitude and such is because of these comments, from a mod....

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
No, I'm not missing the point and I did read the entire thread. ALL OF IT.

Please step off of your soapbox.
Quote:
I do, however, grasp the concept of banning someone for their attitude. I have no issues grasping that. You may continue to act like a 3 year old, or you can knock it off and be given a break from here.
You gave attitude Juwaack68, so you got attitude in return. Your position as a moderator is one that you really shouldnt give attitude. You are supposed to be the bigger person than the lowly member.

I challenged you to try to pm a banned user, and your response is to tell me to chill or you will give me a break. Real adult and nice abuse of power there.

My challenge still stands, and you can borrow me if you like for a minute. Ban me, come to this post after banning me and try sending me a private message. It wont work. Thats why i was saying to read the whole paragraph.

So, for standing up to you because i think you are either not listening or maybe just not fully understanding what im trying to say go ahead and threaten to give me a break.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #23
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Arghhh, I think we DO know that one can't PM a banned user. We know that.

Quote:
Please step off of your soapbox.
That ^^ is not rude. Read the first word again.

Ringer, you're completely losing focus on your initial point now.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #24
TheRinger
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Arghhh, I think we DO know that one can't PM a banned user. We know that.

That ^^ is not rude. Read the first word again.

Ringer, you're completely losing focus on your initial point now.
No im not, i promise I'll agree you know you cant pm a banned user, but does Juwacka? Shes the one that keeps insisting that if the post is left that it can be.
"Yea, there is....delete the thread so they can't click on the scammer's name.
",

and those are her words not mine. Thats why my undies are in a wad lol. Combo of being frustrated that she thinks that and/or not understanding, and that she wants to get all power trippy.

I did read the first word again, just adding the word please does not mean its not an attitude. A few examples that i wont blatantly use poor language, im sure you get the idea.

Please kiss my -----
Please shut up
Please etc blah blah

See, the word please doesnt remove attitude from the sentence itself.

Im not pushing for instant change etc, i know things dont happen like that. Most of this back and forth bs is because Juwacka is giving off the implication that she thinks you can click a banned user to contact them.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #25
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

I'm a tad curious as to why this is such a big issue for you. You're not responsible for this forum and what happens here. These is an owner and a group of moderators to take care ot these kinds of issues. If you don;t like thy way the forum is run, there are other forums around.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #26
TheRinger
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
I'm a tad curious as to why this is such a big issue for you. You're not responsible for this forum and what happens here. These is an owner and a group of moderators to take care ot these kinds of issues. If you don;t like thy way the forum is run, there are other forums around.
Because im helpful?
Because i like putting the smack down on scammers?
Because im an honest person?

When did i say i dont like how the forum is run? If i have implied that, i did not mean or intend to. If i didnt like it i wouldnt be trying to improve upon it in a way. If youve noticed, ive nabbed a few scammers before they could scam someone here.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #27
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

TheRinger,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your exuberance. We will handle accordingly.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #28
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Not to beat a dead horse, but let's back up a few steps. When you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRinger View Post
If they go into a locked topic that even says its a scammer, and they choose to contact the person, well, theres nothing any of us can do to prevent that kind of lapse in judgement :p
I said:

Quote:
Yea, there is....delete the thread so they can't click on the scammer's name.
You asked a question (rhetorical or not) and I provided an answer. Simple as that. End of story. You then made the choice to jump all over me and claim I hadn't read the thread and that I don't know how PM's work.

Whatever. I'm done with this.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #29
TheRinger
CrackBerry Addict

Lol re read what you just posted.

Again, tell me how they click on a banned user name? Please? Just answer that one, single question.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #30
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

They don't. That's my point. If the name isn't there in the first place, they can't click on it.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #31
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

In your own words, Ringer... 'yes, we can prevent that kind of lapse in judgement... delete the thread.' I knew what Juwaack meant from the beginning.

Deleting the thread serves our purpose to protect this site and our users from scammers. And that's our first and foremost priority.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #32
TheRinger
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
In your own words, Ringer... 'yes, we can prevent that kind of lapse in judgement... delete the thread.' I knew what Juwaack meant from the beginning.
From copy and pasting the email......... NOT THE #$#$%^@#$^ username

Quote:
Deleting the thread serves our purpose to protect this site and our users from scammers. And that's our first and foremost priority.
Forget it, i give up, you guys are honestly like talking to a brick wall.

1. You cannot click on a banned users name to PM them

2. The copy/pasting of an email, well like i said, if someone chooses to go into a locked thread, not read and do it anyways, that is their own fault.

Regarding protecting them from scammers.... such an oxymoron in itself (not a shot a figure of speech) because deleting the thread and banning them but giving them the ability to make a new account (till caught again) and only have to have 10 posts to try again is sorely lacking in protections.

I would also strongly advise not using the word protect either, even tho it is an at your own risk forum, that one line has the potential to open up the site to some liability.

I give up. Ive been around the block a few times, none of this is new to me. If you really want the people protected, up the post count at a bare minimum. I can make 10 posts and then set the bait in 10 mins or less. 10 posts makes us very low hanging fruit.

Do what you all want, dont take a suggestion or do, but ya...
Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #33
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Thanks for your support...
Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #34
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

First off are one and most important job's we have here is to the site. Bye Bye, have a nice day.

Last edited by zerog46; 08-27-2010 at 08:25 PM..
Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #35
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRinger View Post

1. You cannot click on a banned users name to PM them

2. The copy/pasting of an email, well like i said, if someone chooses to go into a locked thread, not read and do it anyways, that is their own fault.
1. NO one ever said you could click on a banned user name to PM them. You're hallucinating there.

2. That's our decision how to handle it. We haven't decided. Do YOU understand that?

You're way out of line here.
Closed Thread