Old 12-15-2006, 09:41 AM   #21
rjhouck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrguy
I am very new to the BB, but I haven't been able to find an answer. I have a 7290. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to websites on the BB through a bluetooth or USB enabled computer with internet access?

Any ideas?? I know it is possible to go the other way (use the BB as a modem), but can I use the computer as an access point without having to pay for a BES or internet service from my cell phone provider?
Maybe I do not understand the full question, but if you have a computer with internet access why use the BB. Plus why would you want to connect your computer to the BB via USB or BT to have access on your BB?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:52 PM   #22
jmrguy

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhouck
Maybe I do not understand the full question, but if you have a computer with internet access why use the BB. Plus why would you want to connect your computer to the BB via USB or BT to have access on your BB?

I would want to use the BB as a portable device to get email or websites from my couch or while I am doing things away from the computer (or when someone else is using the computer - or if I am in a meeting or something instead of having a laptop). I don't want to pay for the blackberry service from my phone provider, so if I could do it over bluetooth, it would be great, but I believe a few companies are looking into making usb connections wireless in the next few years so usb might be an option too (or at least something to mess around with right now).
Old 12-26-2006, 05:17 AM   #23
ChrisWright

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpb99@yahoo.co.uk
I've just got a BB Pearl 8100. It will pair with devices and I can send pictures, data etc succesfully to other phones but the transfer always fails in reverse. Is this because Bluetooth is not yet fully supported or is there something I've got set up wrong. I have ensured my BB is visible and have disabled encryption but to no avail. Any suggestions?
I have exactly the same problem with my Pearl too
Old 01-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #24
beestronger

Model: 7520

I'm new to this site and not sure where to post my question...HELP!
I have a BB7520...I just bought the Motorola H700 bluetooth headset...
it answers calls lovely...but.......how do I MAKE calls from the headset?
i don't see a voice recognition in the BB....can you tell me how to do it or where I should post to find the answer? Thanks! beestronger
Old 02-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #25
jhaedin_brennyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile
Wink Retrieving media with the Bluetooth

I read that a few people on here was having trouble getting things thru your bluetooth the trick is that you have to go to the media then to the menu and select retrieving media or something like that but thats the way the you get your media if there is anything else that i can help you with just holla!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #26
jhaedin_brennyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Hey somehow i got my Motorola h350 to automatically but i got the motorola h500 and i cant figure out what i did can anyone help me please?

The dymond Mama
Old 02-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #27
K1W1GUY

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hold down the multi function button on the H500 for 6-10 seconds untill te blue light stays on solid. Go to your BB and pair the device.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #28
lemonsensation

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

I use the Motorola H700 with the Blackberry 8700c with the latest Cingular provided OS which is v4.1.0.377. I like the Motorola H700 design and how light weight it is but the problem is people complain they can't hear me as well compared to talking directly to the 8700c. And sometimes it is a little hard to hear also. The sound quality is bad enough so that I have to repeat what I say often.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:32 AM   #29
Noclue

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Hi there, Apoligies for not being able to find the "post new thread" button but it's similar. I've got an 8310 and have about 800 contacts on there. I would like to Bluetooth them all across to my new v1615 (non-Blackberry) but can't get the paired devices to do it. Has anyone got a good method of doing this without having to waste a bunch of time re-entering the details. Is it possible? Thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 05:01 AM   #30
johnnyf

Model: 8310
Carrier: at and t

My Blackberry 8800 USB connector is malfunctioning so first of all I can't charge it (I only have a few bars of juice left) and secondly, I can't download the my contacts to my new Vista computer. Is there a way to transfer the data to my computer before I completely lose power and thus all of my contacts? Shouldn't I be able to do this somehow using the blue tooth?
Old 12-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #31
blackberry9999
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Cellular South

I keep reading that blackberry bluetooth only supports headsets/carsets but when I first got my 8700c i downloaded something off of blackberrys website that gave me a completely new os that gave me the data transfer but I messed around and got the original program. I cannot get it back! I have ringtones and pictures which I bluetoothed from my wifes nokia. Does anyone know how I can get this back so that I can continue with data transfers??? please if anyone knows how please respond?!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:13 AM   #32
lakaw

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Just got a BB 8130. It's my first BB and my first smart phone. So far I'm loving it! I had a quick question regarding the 8130's Bluetooth capabilities.
I am able to pair my 8130 to my Samsung A900, but I can't transfer anything in either direction.

On my A900, under Bluetooth, Trusted Devices, BB8130, Options, Info, the Name, Address, Device Type, Supported Profiles properties are shown. The only Supported Profile showing for my 8130 is DUN (Dial Up Networking). The other phones (A900, A610) under Trusted Devices show OPP/FTP as being Supported Profiles. Is there a way to change this?

With the current pairing I can see both devices from the other. If I try to send a file from my 8130 to my A900 the Bluetooth indicators light up on both phones and it shows the progress bar transferring the file, but when it's done the file doesn't show up where it should on my A900. If I try to send a file from my A900 to my 8130, my 8130 doesn't even show on the list to transfer to. I am assuming this is because the 8130 doesn't have the OPP/FTP profile.

Any ideas?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 PM   #33
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I looked though the threads here and followed the BB link (no longer valid) but am not sure about something - security related.

If I've paired my bb8830 with my Tomtom920 and with some XX Model earphone, can anyone with those same devices use/link/pair/whatever to MY BB or is there some other "security" or pairing/coding that was involved initially. If my phone is on and in my pocket and someone has the same model earphone can they dial my phone? Can another Tomtom920 copy my contact list?

What have I failed to ask in this same vein? (g)

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #34
SassyChick

Model: 7250
Carrier: Cellular South

I got a Blackberry 7250 Phone off of EBay. Seems to be a good phone except that I cant get ring tones. Listing was misleading about the Blue tooth. Is there anyway at all to get ring tones on this phone? Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #35
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

I replied to 2 of your other posts. Please don't keep posting the same question in different places.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #36
wilxp

Model: 8820
Carrier: Singtel

I tried to do data transfer with my Blackberry to my friend's nokia and sony ericsson mobiles. But it didn't work. Any solutions?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #37
patryn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500
Carrier: Verizon

This faq really needs to be updated. The bluetooth world isn't flat anymore.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #38
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: 3 Italy
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilxp View Post
I tried to do data transfer with my Blackberry to my friend's nokia and sony ericsson mobiles. But it didn't work. Any solutions?
I have this problem too with my Bold 9000: can send but not receive files from Nokia!!

...and yes! This faq should be updated.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #39
dpicella

Model: 9700

I've got a Bold 9700 and I've been trying to connect with Win XP using data transfer. According to this FAQ, BlackBerry does not offer data transfer services? However, I can select to offer these services on my Bluetooth options. Windows give me "no available com ports" when I try to make the connection. My windows machine does seem to have the com ports available. I'm confused. Any answers? Thank you!!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #40
atisvt99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: VZW

Update me please...