Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
mspong
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Default Bluetooth headsets

Please Login to Remove!

I used to use a cheap Plantronics Bluetooth headset with my Treo 650, and the way it worked really got irritating - if the headset was on the other side of the room and I answered the call on the Treo (rather than using the button on the headset) the call would still get routed to the headset.

Is this how things behave in the BB world as well? I want a headset that will get used if I answer with the headset, but otherwise use the BB's speaker/mic directly. Is there any way to do this aside from pairing/unpairing the headset manually? And if that's the only way, are there any headsets that make the pairing and unpairing process quick and painless (i.e. something that I wouldn't mind doing several times a day)?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Jase88
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility

It works this way with BB as well. However, you can quickly click the wheel and select "switch to handset" to have the call come back...

If you set your BT headset as "trusted", you only need to pair the device once. Simply clicking the answer button on the headset will sync the headset with your BB thereafter.
Closed Thread