Old 12-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #421
mrrick13

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamrasz View Post
Full Caps EDGE and 5 Bars on AT&T Storm!
So Steps I took:
  1. Got a new sim card, easy as going in and asking for one.
  2. Had to reinstall the service books (the instructions at the beginning of this post, lol)
  3. Changed network technology to global, under options>mobile network.
  4. Called AT&T had them take me off the network. I did a battery pull, and they readded- me.
  5. Wait 15 mins. and see what happens!!
Again, I am looking at my Storm as I'm writing this post and it is still 5 bars EDGE!!

Can anyone who is getting lowercase edge, and has a Storm on AT&T please try these steps, and see if it works for you too ??!!
I had same problems after following this thread and unlocking my verizon storm. everything worked fine, except i had lower case edge almost all time. Went into a local AT&T store, they registered my new storms imei number with my account, and gave me a new sim card for the phone. went home, did a security wipe(OPTIONS>SECURITY OPTIONS>SECURITY WIPE) of my phone, (backing up only things i needed before the wipe of course.) After the security swipe, Redid all the steps in this thread, minus changing the apn settings in the phone. When you did the security wipe earlier it reset. leave it as is. have been with full EDGE for going on 4 days straight now with no wavering in between, and believe me, ive been stress testing it hard. no problems as of yet.

just wanted people to know my experience. Thanks to everyone who contributed an helped walk me thru it. Hope this helps someone out there.

-Rick
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #422
big_daddy

Model: 9550
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks JSanders, i'll def check out horizon.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #423
lildaw04

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT
Default blackberry help

im try to get my inernet and mms's to work on my storm. when i start trying to put the service books in the folder u said i cant find it. my research in miotin doesnt say anything about /share'd/java or loader files
Old 12-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #424
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

A little help please - have att service books ok and emails however I can't get Browser - I followed instructions as laid out here.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #425
fkjr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpeter0933 View Post
Well, I was able to figure it out using a tool call: Crackutil.

For some reason after moving COD file to ATT folder and launching DM, it woldn't remove the module from the device (yes the proper OS was already installed on my PC), that tool allowed me to do so and I noticed that my BB rebooted, then I loaded the service book, reloaded COD file with the same tool, BB rebooted again and Volia !!!! BB Browser showed up and I was able to use everything.

Decided to use the switch deviced ulitiy on DM once it was done the Browser disappeared, haven't had time to try this again but once I do I'll let you know if it still works.

If you need that tool just google:

HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on AT&T w/Unlocked Storm 95xx

And click on the first link.

FYI

If you are using an unlocked Verizon Storm and have "Activation Required" on your home screen or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial # # 000000 (Send). In the Menu, change the mobile directory number to your phone number, click on the menu button and select save. The device will reboot and activate/display the correct number
I did what you said about changing the number however how do I config the voicemail retreival? Right now when I dial 1 for voicemail it just plays my recorded voicemail voice and not the callers voicemails!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #426
fkjr2

so finally after several hours I got the browser installed.

I just did a battery pull and gone!!!!

WTF - how can we keep this damn browser on the device.

Also, is there a catch with the gps on the 9550? I Can't see where to activate it for apps like Berry Weather, etc.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #427
davenit

Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
so finally after several hours I got the browser installed.

I just did a battery pull and gone!!!!

WTF - how can we keep this damn browser on the device.

Also, is there a catch with the gps on the 9550? I Can't see where to activate it for apps like Berry Weather, etc.

Thanks
Yup, for some reason the inet service book reset upon a battery pull. I have a 9550 on ATT. I haven't found a way around it accept to reload the books, resend my email books then the browser comes back.

Oh, and my big problem is that I can only get internet through wifi. It seems the only service books available are for wifi. Does anyone have a different work around for that?

GPS seems to be un-available. I don't rely on it for anything so it doesn't bother me.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:18 PM   #428
yeudttl

Carrier: Tmobile US
Default can NOT find the path, Storm 2 9550 & DM v5.0.1

C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\OS version\Java ???

Can NOT find the path to ...*\Shared\*... I did searched the C: drive but NO such thing.

Anyone have the same problem ? Thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #429
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

yeudtll, if you don't have the shared folder, you have NOT yet installed the OS to your PC.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #430
mikenoecker

Carrier: AT&T

HI!

I have an unlocked Storm 2, 5.0.0 software, and tried your tut. on MMS. Everything went OK, and I got all the icons after it was done. But I couldnt do the "send service books" because it said my phone wasnt registered, so I send the hosting message to them. As soon as I went back to the main screen on my phone, all my AT&T stuff is gone and the service books are back to only 8. I did this 3 times and same thing happened each time. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #431
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Wirelessly posted (9520; (I'm mobile))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoecker
HI!

I have an unlocked Storm 2, 5.0.0 software, and tried your tut. on MMS. Everything went OK, and I got all the icons after it was done. But I couldnt do the "send service books" because it said my phone wasnt registered, so I send the hosting message to them. As soon as I went back to the main screen on my phone, all my AT&T stuff is gone and the service books are back to only 8. I did this 3 times and same thing happened each time. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Mike, you bought a used storm and it sounds like it is still registered on the previous owner's carrier. Your first thing to do is to get it the Storm PIN released from that previous carrier. Call the previous owner and carrier and ask to have the PIN released.
Good luck.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #432
mikenoecker

What exactly do I need to ask/tell them? You are right, it was used and registered on Verizon, and I want to use it on AT&T. But it doesnt have a service on it. I attempted to make a call on it, and it takes me right to Verizon 611. Are you talking about the IMEI needs released, or something else? Thanks so much for your patience. I'm an iPhone vet and a complete Storm virgin until now.

Regards,
Mike
Old 12-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #433
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoecker
What exactly do I need to ask/tell them? You are right, it was used and registered on Verizon, and I want to use it on AT&T. But it doesnt have a service on it. I attempted to make a call on it, and it takes me right to Verizon 611. Are you talking about the IMEI needs released, or something else? Thanks so much for your patience. I'm an iPhone vet and a complete Storm virgin until now.

Regards,
Mike
Call and ask to have the PIN and IMEI removed from the previous BIS account.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #434
mikenoecker

Ok, the previous owner called and got the PIN and IMEI released. He said they were doing it a week ago, and it never got done, so they escalated it, and it should be done now. So should I do the whole process again? Also, I saw someone who said they had an iPhone data plan and that wouldnt work... but I have an iPhone data plan and I sent 3 MMS messages from mine (1 each time) and it worked fine until I went back to the menu and it reset everything. Any ideas on that?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #435
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

You will definately need THE BlackBerry Data plan for MMS and any data on a BlackBerry.
If you've done all previous steps try just sending the service books. If still no luck start over.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #436
mikenoecker

OK, thanks. How did I send those messages from it before then? I definitely have an iPhone plan. They went though, because I sent them to my wifes phones and she received them with no problems. Could there be some sort of loophole?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #437
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

I can't explain how that worked. Likely the service books from the original owner were still there. Who knows. I don't.

Anyways... if you can get it to work on an iPhone plan, I can't argue with what works. But I do know sooner or later, you're gonna figure out it doesn't work well, if at all in the long run.

So, once you get ALL the necessary components in place, BIS account (or iPhone plan, if you choose to waddle through that), PIN registered, OS downloaded and installed, etc., I would recommend following the steps in the initial post here again.

Of course... let me make one point -- you canNOT register your PIN on ATT without having the BlackBerry Data Plan. So I guess the iPhone plan is out.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #438
mikenoecker

How do I "convince" them of what phone I have? Won't they frown upon me having a Verizon phone being serviced to their network?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #439
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

You don't need to convince ATT of anything. They don't care. Verizon cares, ATT doesn't.

Let me tell you also, using the Storm on the ATT network can be frustrating, it WILL work, I used it on ATT for a year. But it won't be the same device as the iPhone, so don't think up front it will be.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #440
mikenoecker

Really? So far, I think it's a very worthy competitor. I love my iPhone as well, but the Storm 2 is pretty sweet. Mabye it's the taboo of having an "exclusive" phone on another network...I dunno.... but it's a great phone. I really like the SurePress, external memory, and camera flash. It's a very good device.