BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
whoozer2

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default No Send option when replying to an email???

Please Login to Remove!

I've tried posting this elswhere but decided to start a new thread. Forgive me if this is tabu but I'm desperate now. So I got my curve a week ago and went to reply to an email for the first time I hit the track ball then reply, typed my message and went to hit send and it isn't anywhere in the menu....what the heck. Am I doing something wrong? HELP!! AT&T was clueless. I never had this prob with my 8700. When I hit the track ball send is the first highlighted option. I'm baffled. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

The only time I have seen this is when the radio is off... Do you have service?

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 06-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoozer2 View Post
I've tried posting this elswhere but decided to start a new thread. Forgive me if this is tabu but I'm desperate now. So I got my curve a week ago and went to reply to an email for the first time I hit the track ball then reply, typed my message and went to hit send and it isn't anywhere in the menu....what the heck. Am I doing something wrong? HELP!! AT&T was clueless. I never had this prob with my 8700. When I hit the track ball send is the first highlighted option. I'm baffled. Anyone else have this issue?
I had this happen a few times. I have figured out that it was only when the e-mail was sent to me thru an address that was not set up with my BIS. I have been messing around with my whole e-mail setup and recently took the Gmail addy off of BIS, when I try to reply to those older messages I do not get the send option.

This may have nothing to do with your issue but I thought I would mention it just in case your problem was the same.

I can reply to any e-mail that is sent to me thru a registered address on BIS.

Also- try the Blackberry button-to the left of the trackball.

Last edited by johnfromphilly; 06-19-2007 at 11:49 AM..
Old 06-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
whoozer2

Default I wish it worked

Unfortunately my radio is on and I can't reply to any emails not just some. It's driving me nuts. I was hoping for an easy transition to my 8300 but this has been far from easy. Thanks anyway.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Unfortunately my radio is on and I can't reply to any emails not just some. It's driving me nuts. I was hoping for an easy transition to my 8300 but this has been far from easy. Thanks anyway.
Help us help you.

Are you on BIS or BES

If BIS do you have a Blackberry data plan? Is you unit registered on the network? (did you get this confirmation message) Have you received your Service books?

If BES, have you got the BES administrator to set up your device?

Last edited by greggebhardt; 06-19-2007 at 02:15 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Couple basic things to do while you wait for a reply that will help you.

-Check all of your BIS setup otions on the website, maybe go so far as to delete your e-mail addys and set them up again

-Check all of your Email options on the 8300

-Resend service books from BIS

-Pull battery as a hard reset

Sorry I cannot specifically help but the proplem lies in there somewhere as others are not having this problem- it must be in the setup.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:10 AM   #7
whoozer2

Default service book worked

Ok so resending my service books completely fixed the issue. It's hard to know how to fix the quirks in these things when your somewhat new to BB or not very technology savvy. These forums are great in helping me. Lord only knows AT&T was clueless, the technical team didn't even know they were selling the 8300 yet So thanks once again guys and gals you saved the day.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
Michbb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23FAA477
Carrier: Tmo

So my company just got a curve a week ago... we are on BES and we have 1 of 3 curves that can send email when you forward but there is no option to send when you try replying to an email. We have resent the service books already and done a hard reset. Any other ideas?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:20 AM   #9
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I've had incidents where the sender's email was not populated (ie: a valid email was not in the "to" field). this resulted in only a save draft being available. I haven't experienced this otherwise and when I completed/corrected/populated the address, it worked fine.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #10
Michbb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23FAA477
Carrier: Tmo

can't say that's the issue cause we are replying to the email that it was sent from.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #11
weegie

I was having this issue too. I set up my gmail account on BIS and was able to send and receive email until I imported everything from my 8700 to my Curve. After that, I could receive email but the send button was not available. I was able to resolve the problem by deleting the account in BIS and then adding it back. Now everything works fine. Good luck!
Closed Thread