BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
TheJackal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: att
Lightbulb Just got it! (and a question too)

Please Login to Remove!

Well, justyanked my new 8800 off the charger and have been playing around with it for an hour and I am impressed. For all the mixed reviews on the keyboard, my sausage link fingers and I are doing quite well.

This is my first BB so to say that I am overwhelmed would be an understatement. That said, I think I am beginning to understand it a little. Hey, not bad considering I feel like my brain is melting. I am going to try and force myself to bite off the most important stuff first:email and calender.

Question....this was new hardware but an extension and upgrade of existing contract. Hence, my old SIM is sitting in my now useless phone. my question is can I put my SIM from my motorola phone and upload my old contacts? (either to my computer desktop and then sync with new phone or just to my BB?)

Bad news, the EDGE connection at home blows.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:00 AM   #2
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

to get ur contacts off ur old sim insert it into the bb and go to address book, then click on the menu button(to the left of the track wheel) and scroll down to sim phone book, select that and then press the menu key again to copy blackberry. If u installed the desktop software that came with ur phone theres an option to import contacts through the sync option however your phone would have to be compatible. there are other ways u can do this like by syncing ur old phone with outlook then syncing outlook with ur bb but i think those two are the simplest by the way welcome to the dark side
Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
TheJackal

was pleased as punch when stuff started to transfer,but I couldn't find address/numbers. I also noticed that my screen showed a SIM card rejected msg. Ugh....

You did NOT bite off more than you can chew. <--- new mantra
Old 02-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

You may need to upgrade your sim card. If you go to a cingular store and request they should give it to you no problem and they should be bae to transfer numbers over from the old one as well. Good luck
Old 02-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #5
TheJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthateme13
You may need to upgrade your sim card. If you go to a cingular store and request they should give it to you no problem and they should be bae to transfer numbers over from the old one as well. Good luck
This is GREAT news, thank you so much.
Closed Thread