Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #21
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

"That would be the Zagg InvisibleSheild, and yes, I swear by it. 1 InvisibleSheild will easily last as long as 20+ generic screen protectors. I recommend the screen protector as a minimum, the full body coverage is optional, I don't use it. Plus, you could have gotten just the screen protector for less than the $20 you spent on the crappy (read "replace every 2-4 weeks") protectors."

I spent $20 for 3 screen protectors AND a rubber form fitting sleeve. The "crappy" screen protector is still doing well after a month in my pocket. I have a feeling it still has lots of mileage left in it. I would have gotten the Zagg protector but the phone came sooner than I expected and I wasn't about to leave the store without some protection on the screen. When it comes time to swap, Ill spend the extra for a Zagg but I am definitely staying with the rubber sleeve.

Verizon 9530

Last edited by XelhaBB; 12-26-2008 at 10:53 PM..
Old 12-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #22
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 3050BF93

i will be getting a zag in the next few weeks. i have a screen protector only but i would like a real case its just that they feel so bulky when in my pocket.

Quick question about the zag. how hard is it to put on?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:44 AM   #23
viet2100
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I think this guy still has his factory screen protector on it. The Storms' screens are highly scratch resistant.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:36 AM   #24
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by viet2100
I think this guy still has his factory screen protector on it. The Storms' screens are highly scratch resistant.
I agree with you.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #25
moviemogul
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: I have one, but do you want it :)

The Verizon store didn't tell me about the factory protector...They just put the one I bought on it. Of course, that really doesn't have any validity because Verizon stores have no clue what they are talking about.

I would love for someone locally to me to look at my phone. That way I can be sure, because I really don't even think my keys hit it that hard. They probably just brushed against the screen, not even like in those tests...

I live in Tampa, FL if anyone can help me
Old 12-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #26
moviemogul
Thumbs Must Hurt

I placed my order for the Zagg last night
Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 PM   #27
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

How about showing us pictures. I still have the screen protectorr that the storm came with since I got it on Nov 26, and its scratched up. Easily, but not the screen itself. Are you sure you don't have the original screen protector on?

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #28
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: STORM
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemogul View Post
Ugh, I slid my phone in my pocket earlier and forgot my keys were in that pocket...

Now my screen has very light scratches on it...it isn't terrible, but it still sucks...

I just left the Verizon store with a set of screen protectors to make sure it doesn't get worse...
I'll never understand why someone would carry this caliber of a phone in their pocket. I just love customers who carry their phones in their pockets.....makes for some great laughs.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #29
rican408

Carrier: verizon

ive dropped my storm pleanty of times... all 4 corners have a few nicks but the screen is perfect.... nothing like my voyager which scratches with just the dust under my fingertips....
Old 12-28-2008, 12:44 AM   #30
moviemogul
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok, something strange...

I found a Zagg in Bestbuy tonight for $9.99. As I was getting ready to apply, I removed the Verizon screen protector. I looked all over the screen, and I didn't see one damn scratch...I can't explain it, but it's clean...It may have been the stock protection...

Anyways, I screwed up the Zagg application, so I installed another Verizon protector until I get my ordered Zagg
Old 12-28-2008, 12:46 AM   #31
moviemogul
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester View Post
I'll never understand why someone would carry this caliber of a phone in their pocket. I just love customers who carry their phones in their pockets.....makes for some great laughs.
Someone who doesn't use the phone for business use and who has a profession that doesn't allow for a holster or belt clip.

No need to be an ass

I'm a repo man and being in my truck all day makes a belt clip virtually impossible to utilize. It usually sits on the charger in a safe spot in the truck, but sometimes I need it on me
Old 12-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #32
viet2100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Ok, something strange...

I found a Zagg in Bestbuy tonight for $9.99. As I was getting ready to apply, I removed the Verizon screen protector. I looked all over the screen, and I didn't see one damn scratch...I can't explain it, but it's clean...It may have been the stock protection...

Anyways, I screwed up the Zagg application, so I installed another Verizon protector until I get my ordered Zagg
Told you so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester
I only wear it in my holster at work, because everyone wants to see it (I sell phones at Best Buy). Other than work, it is in my pocket, so I don't look like an idiot.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:15 AM   #33
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ya walking around campus with a storm on my hip is kind of lame. Get a good case and slide it in your pocket and it will be just as safe as it would be in a holster and i dont look like such a fool. . .
Old 12-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #34
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsontag View Post
Ya walking around campus with a storm on my hip is kind of lame.
Yeah I hear that all time, people, mostly younger people, worried about how it looks. Of course, they are the first to come in and say what a piece of junk their phone is, and demand something be done, when they haven't properly taken care of it.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:29 AM   #35
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
The Verizon store didn't tell me about the factory protector...They just put the one I bought on it. Of course, that really doesn't have any validity because Verizon stores have no clue what they are talking about.
Speak for yourself about your Verizon Store experiences......I not only show the customer the plastic that comes on the phone (which should not be as hard as you are making it to tell if it's on or not) but I give them the option of me taking it off or leaving it on for them to take it off. I usually take that half sheet off and tell them I'm leaving the other on.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #36
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:

No need to be an ass
Just calling them like I see them every day
Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #37
moviemogul
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Yeah I hear that all time, people, mostly younger people, worried about how it looks. Of course, they are the first to come in and say what a piece of junk their phone is, and demand something be done, when they haven't properly taken care of it.
First, I'm not young, per say. I'm 25. My profession doesn't allow for my phone to be worn like a suit would as a already said. Hell yeah I care about how it looks!

Quote:
Speak for yourself about your Verizon Store experiences......I not only show the customer the plastic that comes on the phone (which should not be as hard as you are making it to tell if it's on or not) but I give them the option of me taking it off or leaving it on for them to take it off. I usually take that half sheet off and tell them I'm leaving the other on.
If I bought mine from a Verizon store, maybe I would have been aware of the factory shield (which is now not on there, btw, but the Verizon one is) Since I ordered online, and set it up at my house, I had never touched the phone aside from instore experience. I am a newbie with it and didn't know.

Quote:
Just calling them like I see them every day
Calling it like you see it will get you hurt someday. I'm not saying anything about the phone being junk, in fact, it's the best phone I've ever owned. I was just worried I may have screwed it up. Not once did it occur to me that it was a bad device.

So get your head out of your ass and don't think judgmentally. You don't know me, or what I do with it daily. Everyone who has this phone uses it for different reasons.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #38
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Popcorns Ready!

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #39
taeisme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

I am in the military and while I would like to carry my Storm on my hip, i just don't like anything dangling on my side so i have a xxx402;ancy carrying case that I bought xxx402;rom Verizon online and I love it. But on the other hand, I don't want to carry it on my hip because my unixxx402;orm shirt covers it and I can't show oxxx402;xxx402;*my kick butt berry.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #40
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Since when did carrying your phone in your pocket = not taking care of it?!?

And actually my phone is in great condition and with a good case (Zag) then carrying your phone in your pocket is not bad at all. The only thing i worry about is slamming my leg into something and cracking it, but then again i would be paranoid all day if i had it on my hip that it would fall off.