Old 01-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
chraskalj

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Bluetooth CAC reader for Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

I'm trying to install a bluetooth cac reader to my blackberry 7290 and i'm having all kinds of issues. I've got the device updated and paired with my blackberry. No problem there. The problem lies with the blackberry. when i navigate to security options and certificates there is no option to import certificates. I had this option a couple days ago while working on it but only got it to upload my certificates one time and they had question marks on them so that didn't work. Now it's gone. One other problem when i do get the correct software loaded on the blackberry and i select import certificates it will flash a window too fast to read it and then do nothing at all. I'm not sure what's going on. Any ideas or help with this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

You need to load the certs from the computer via DM. Also make sure that the DoD Root Certs option is installed on your device.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
james_clayton

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chraskalj View Post
Hello all,

I'm trying to install a bluetooth cac reader to my blackberry 7290 and i'm having all kinds of issues. I've got the device updated and paired with my blackberry. No problem there. The problem lies with the blackberry. when i navigate to security options and certificates there is no option to import certificates. I had this option a couple days ago while working on it but only got it to upload my certificates one time and they had question marks on them so that didn't work. Now it's gone. One other problem when i do get the correct software loaded on the blackberry and i select import certificates it will flash a window too fast to read it and then do nothing at all. I'm not sure what's going on. Any ideas or help with this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!
Hi, I have ran into a similar problem. In my experience, you have to have the S/MIME 4.0 installed on your BB device, before it will allow you to import your CAC certs from your SCR.
Closed Thread